Requests: General [A]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Questions & Requests

Postby ManagerDan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:16 am

Is there anything we can do about this party in Beluzia, he has now made a declaration that has no legal basis in any format, Game Mechanics or RP laws, making the cabinet useless and threatening to arrest Ministers opposing the President, and I believe he intend to follow this storyline despite this not being legal in any form nor accepted by any Beluzian parties, at the very least can Moderation monitor the situation if this continues?
Current Active Party: United Party(Beluzia)
ManagerDan

Postby ManagerDan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:52 pm

Ummm.. can we please get some help, now Likatonia is RPing the sending of military forces to Beluzia for no apparent reason and no Beluzian parties, except the BDP have even discussed such an RP, is there anything we can do?
ManagerDan

Postby Occam » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:22 pm

cm9777 wrote:
Occam wrote:
cm9777 wrote:Hey.

Regarding the Enptying of funds. It is possible to do so by having. A majority and passing a spending bill that sets sectors at 0. You cannot however rp doing this without passing such a bill as that contradicts game mechanics.

Isn't this unrealistic? I find it much more plausible for a minister to divert (part of) his department's budget.

If you mean a Minister embezzling finds from his ministry that could be done by the party controlling that ministry. However they would need to take into account the consequences of such an action. I had assumed this situation was different and more to do with draining the funds allocation given to ministries in the first place.

I guess both are possible. I would say "my" scenario would be the way to go for a party that controls only some departments. "Your" scenario would require the party to either control the whole government or the part of the government that is in control of the money before it is transferred to the departments. Typically, this would be the Department of Finance, but it could also be the Head of Government or Head of State. The consequences would be very different (in scale) but would of course have to be taken into account either way.
Permanently gone.
Occam

Postby Occam » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:35 pm

ManagerDan wrote:Is there anything we can do about this party in Beluzia, he has now made a declaration that has no legal basis in any format, Game Mechanics or RP laws, making the cabinet useless and threatening to arrest Ministers opposing the President, and I believe he intend to follow this storyline despite this not being legal in any form nor accepted by any Beluzian parties, at the very least can Moderation monitor the situation if this continues?

ManagerDan wrote:Ummm.. can we please get some help, now Likatonia is RPing the sending of military forces to Beluzia for no apparent reason and no Beluzian parties, except the BDP have even discussed such an RP, is there anything we can do?

Hi ManagerDan,

look, we're really trying to help you here. But you have to give us more to work with. No-one here, especially not the Moderators, has the time to dig through all possible sources to look for information. We need the links to the relevant bills (those whose content is relevant, as well as those whose discussion is relevant), forum posts, etc. If there are relevant personal messages you need to talk with Moderation before making anything public, they'll tell you what you can or cannot disclose.

In general, role-play always requires the consent of anyone affected. Role-playing war for example requires the consent of all participating nations. If you role-play actions that would realistically be completely in control of your party or your characters you can do it without anyone's consent. Everything that goes beyond that needs consensus.
I recommend you open a dedicated discussion thread for this issue and get all involved to state their position in it. Until Moderation has the opportunity to take a look, I recommend that all involved suspend further role-play on this matter.

Regards,
Occam
Permanently gone.
Occam

Postby ManagerDan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:03 pm

Occam wrote:
ManagerDan wrote:Is there anything we can do about this party in Beluzia, he has now made a declaration that has no legal basis in any format, Game Mechanics or RP laws, making the cabinet useless and threatening to arrest Ministers opposing the President, and I believe he intend to follow this storyline despite this not being legal in any form nor accepted by any Beluzian parties, at the very least can Moderation monitor the situation if this continues?

ManagerDan wrote:Ummm.. can we please get some help, now Likatonia is RPing the sending of military forces to Beluzia for no apparent reason and no Beluzian parties, except the BDP have even discussed such an RP, is there anything we can do?

Hi ManagerDan,

look, we're really trying to help you here. But you have to give us more to work with. No-one here, especially not the Moderators, has the time to dig through all possible sources to look for information. We need the links to the relevant bills (those whose content is relevant, as well as those whose discussion is relevant), forum posts, etc. If there are relevant personal messages you need to talk with Moderation before making anything public, they'll tell you what you can or cannot disclose.

In general, role-play always requires the consent of anyone affected. Role-playing war for example requires the consent of all participating nations. If you role-play actions that would realistically be completely in control of your party or your characters you can do it without anyone's consent. Everything that goes beyond that needs consensus.
I recommend you open a dedicated discussion thread for this issue and get all involved to state their position in it. Until Moderation has the opportunity to take a look, I recommend that all involved suspend further role-play on this matter.

Regards,
Occam

I’m trying to assist you guys as well and am sorry for this, let me summarize the problem with the links:
1. The BDP and other parties seem to refuse to make forum posts and do the news through nation messages
2. Everything that has been done as not had any legislation passed on it based on the RP

The current situation is confusing because the BDP refuses to make a plan on the direction of the RP rather doing whatever pops into his mind, including this.

If moderation can’t help me then I’ll be on my way, but this whole situation is just annoying me and making the game boring, if you need pictures I can maybe take screenshots of the National message board but that’s it.

Edit: Sorry again for bothering you all so much you’ve been a lot of help, i hope this will be the last time I’ll bother you...
ManagerDan

Postby Occam » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:22 pm

ManagerDan wrote:I’m trying to assist you guys as well and am sorry for this, let me summarize the problem with the links:
1. The BDP and other parties seem to refuse to make forum posts and do the news through nation messages
2. Everything that has been done as not had any legislation passed on it based on the RP

The current situation is confusing because the BDP refuses to make a plan on the direction of the RP rather doing whatever pops into his mind, including this.

If moderation can’t help me then I’ll be on my way, but this whole situation is just annoying me and making the game boring, if you need pictures I can maybe take screenshots of the National message board but that’s it.

Well, that's an interesting twist. In my opinion, that makes everything void. The National Message boards are simply not the place for role-play.
Permanently gone.
Occam

Postby ManagerDan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:35 pm

Occam wrote:
ManagerDan wrote:I’m trying to assist you guys as well and am sorry for this, let me summarize the problem with the links:

Well, that's an interesting twist. In my opinion, that makes everything void. The National Message boards are simply not the place for role-play.

Oh god.... that’s a lot of retconning...
ManagerDan

Postby Occam » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:39 pm

ManagerDan wrote:
Occam wrote:Well, that's an interesting twist. In my opinion, that makes everything void. The National Message boards are simply not the place for role-play.

Well, if you manage to come to some understanding with the other players, you could legitimize some stuff by writing it up in your nations forum newspaper.
Permanently gone.
Occam

Postby ManagerDan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:42 pm

Occam wrote:
ManagerDan wrote:
Occam wrote:Well, that's an interesting twist. In my opinion, that makes everything void. The National Message boards are simply not the place for role-play.

Well, if you manage to come to some understanding with the other players, you could legitimize some stuff by writing it up in your nations forum newspaper.

Alright I’ll see what I can do, this is why Beluzians can’t have nice things..
ManagerDan

Postby ManagerDan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:52 pm

Also any ideas on how we can fix this without me literally copying and pasting the National message boards into the news forum page?
ManagerDan

PreviousNext

Return to Requests