Requests: Cultural Protocols - CPs

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Cultural Protocol Queries (Approvals/Violations/Open)

Postby Auditorii » Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:03 am

Robert F. Kennedy wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty.php?partyid=46070
Once again, putting this because this party uses an Italian name 'Progressiva' in an english-based nation, the Istalian ethnicity isn't in the Cultural Protocol (http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=690177)

I'm well aware of your initial post, I'm handling the matter with the involved parties. I don't need a reminder nor a link to the Cultural Protocol.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby TRA » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:36 am

Auditorii wrote:
TRA wrote:
TRA wrote:If you have the time, some quick feedback on whether this is acceptable or not will be appreciated http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=691070
Inspired a bit by Kafuristan's http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=627810
Some work remains to be done on Other ethnicities, of course, and passing the bill.

Just a quick bump on this one. If you could take a quick glance and give me a pointer on whether it's on the right direction or not.

I’m not sure what you’re looking for here. The Cultural Protocol appears to be headed in the right direction, the only note I would make is that we don’t breakdown, typically, percentage of language. I’d recommend that the primary language is Hebrew but note that the various ethnicities (Dundorfian Yeudi, Canrillaise Yeudi, etc) also likely speak their respective ethnic tongue in addition to Hebrew as is pretty common in our own world.

Superbly helpful, thanks!
Signed by the ghost of the 2300s, GreekIdiot.
TRA

Postby Augustus Germanus » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:38 pm

Auditorii wrote:
Augustus Germanus wrote:Cultural Protocol update for Davostag: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=691909

The notable change and most important one would be the creation of a unifying national identity in Davostag for the two main ethnic groups; then we have a slight increase in their seize while decreasing the Skjöld minority; the religious demographics are updated to bring richer flavor to the role-play; and we have updated the national description, culture and history for the Davostagers to bring about a more cohesive background.
All of this is backed up by recent role-play in Davostag.

Thank you.

Edit: I just noticed I spelled Skrigere as Skigere, if this is approved I will change to correct it when posted in the debate section.

I will review and get back to you.

Hi, just checking in, any update on this?
Nationell Samling in Davostag Image
Augustus Germanus

Postby Auditorii » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:15 pm

The issue that I have and have had with Davostag/Davostan is the multitude of names, notably the recent attempt to paint the nation as “Davostan/Davostag-Kivonia”. The name has little to no historical significance outside of your RP and I think that this cultural protocol attempts to introduce a name that, quite frankly, adds to serious naming confusion.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Augustus Germanus » Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:08 pm

Auditorii wrote:The issue that I have and have had with Davostag/Davostan is the multitude of names, notably the recent attempt to paint the nation as “Davostan/Davostag-Kivonia”. The name has little to no historical significance outside of your RP and I think that this cultural protocol attempts to introduce a name that, quite frankly, adds to serious naming confusion.

I understand exactly what you mean, and that is the point with this update. The current CP already has the "Kivonians" as an ethnic group in Davostag, but in my opinion the current one is quite confusing, while the new one intends on cleaning up and clarifying things. My original intention of "Kivonian" was never meant for it to become its separate identity, it was the name of the capital of Davostan when I first arrived and I used it more for a political system than anything else, but later on together with other players it resulted in the situation we currently are in now. So, to make it simple, this update clarifies that the name of the country will be Davostag and Davostag only, and that it is composed of two ethnic groups, Befäskars and Skrigeres, otherwise known historically as Davostanis and Kivonians, together known as Davostagers. Almost in a similar fashion of the Dorvish and Lormans. And the usage of either "Davostag" and "Davostan" could be in international circles compared to "Myanmar" and "Burma". The usage of "Kivonia" for the nation will no longer take place, as the name is and was originally meant for the capital city.
Nationell Samling in Davostag Image
Augustus Germanus

Postby WildBeast » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:47 pm

Cultural protocol update for Tukarali: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=692689

Differences from current version:
* 15% shift from Pardos to Brancos
* Excludes Filipino from Tukarali's culture

The point of these changes is to return Tukarali to the Brazilian/Portuguese inspired cultured it had, since no RP is being done with the Filipino cultures.
Image República Tukarense - Partido Liberal (PL)
WildBeast

Postby Auditorii » Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:36 pm

WildBeast wrote:Cultural protocol update for Tukarali: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=692689

Differences from current version:
* 15% shift from Pardos to Brancos
* Excludes Filipino from Tukarali's culture

The point of these changes is to return Tukarali to the Brazilian/Portuguese inspired cultured it had, since no RP is being done with the Filipino cultures.

I will review this and make a determination.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:37 pm

Augustus Germanus wrote:
Auditorii wrote:The issue that I have and have had with Davostag/Davostan is the multitude of names, notably the recent attempt to paint the nation as “Davostan/Davostag-Kivonia”. The name has little to no historical significance outside of your RP and I think that this cultural protocol attempts to introduce a name that, quite frankly, adds to serious naming confusion.

I understand exactly what you mean, and that is the point with this update. The current CP already has the "Kivonians" as an ethnic group in Davostag, but in my opinion the current one is quite confusing, while the new one intends on cleaning up and clarifying things. My original intention of "Kivonian" was never meant for it to become its separate identity, it was the name of the capital of Davostan when I first arrived and I used it more for a political system than anything else, but later on together with other players it resulted in the situation we currently are in now. So, to make it simple, this update clarifies that the name of the country will be Davostag and Davostag only, and that it is composed of two ethnic groups, Befäskars and Skrigeres, otherwise known historically as Davostanis and Kivonians, together known as Davostagers. Almost in a similar fashion of the Dorvish and Lormans. And the usage of either "Davostag" and "Davostan" could be in international circles compared to "Myanmar" and "Burma". The usage of "Kivonia" for the nation will no longer take place, as the name is and was originally meant for the capital city.

This is a fair explanation and I'll entertain it and see how it goes. Approved, please place a copy of this approval in a new bill that is a copy-paste of the approved/passed cultural protocol in the "Bills under debate" section.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby imperialpearl » Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:34 am

http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=46095

The YSR Congress Party is a party in India. Alongside the naming of the politicians in this party, which conflicts with Lodamun's CP.
imperialpearl

Postby Auditorii » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:45 pm

imperialpearl wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty.php?partyid=46095

The YSR Congress Party is a party in India. Alongside the naming of the politicians in this party, which conflicts with Lodamun's CP.

Noted.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

PreviousNext

Return to Requests