Question about characters

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Re: Question about characters

Postby Darvian » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:47 pm

Jessaveryja wrote:But, they created my character.

And you can deny it was not your character! See how that works? Anyway, let a mod chime in on this.
Darvian

Postby AdJeCtIv3 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:07 am

pentalarc wrote:A similar question:

Kalistan just recently finished with the Third Crisis. An unofficial civil war. After the conflict was over, a the Revolutionary Truth Commission was created to try people on both sides for war crimes. The prosecutor for one of the sides attempted to indict the entire population of Kalistan for war crimes. He was removed from his position, and removed from the commission as well. He was thus going to be indicted for contempt of the Revolutionary Truth Commission. Before this could happen, his player deactivated, RPing his party folding due to lack of funding and lack of electoral success.

Here's the question: Can we still indict the character, since his player is technically no longer here. A) he can't give us permission to go ahead with the RP, but B) he's not here to run the character, and there can be no in-game or RP effect on the player or his party overall, since he is currently deactivated, and his party dissolved.

Unless you can get in touch with the original creator of this character, I would not like to see this happen. OK to do with consent, otherwise I can already picture the complaints from reactivated parties about how characters have been hijacked in their absence.
I AM NOT A Image ANY MORE!!
AdJeCtIv3

Postby AdJeCtIv3 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:14 am

Darvian wrote:
Jessaveryja wrote:But, they created my character.

And you can deny it was not your character! See how that works? Anyway, let a mod chime in on this.

Fucken *ding* <--half hearted chime

Now if I have this right, a char was created that that was 'allegedly' a member of a party owned by Jessaveryja - but the char WAS NOT created by Jessaveryja.

Jessaveryja is free to deny that this character has anything to do with his org or party.

Other mods can chime in when they like, but that's my opinion.
I AM NOT A Image ANY MORE!!
AdJeCtIv3

Postby pentalarc » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:15 pm

AdJeCtIv3 wrote:
pentalarc wrote:A similar question:

Kalistan just recently finished with the Third Crisis. An unofficial civil war. After the conflict was over, a the Revolutionary Truth Commission was created to try people on both sides for war crimes. The prosecutor for one of the sides attempted to indict the entire population of Kalistan for war crimes. He was removed from his position, and removed from the commission as well. He was thus going to be indicted for contempt of the Revolutionary Truth Commission. Before this could happen, his player deactivated, RPing his party folding due to lack of funding and lack of electoral success.

Here's the question: Can we still indict the character, since his player is technically no longer here. A) he can't give us permission to go ahead with the RP, but B) he's not here to run the character, and there can be no in-game or RP effect on the player or his party overall, since he is currently deactivated, and his party dissolved.

Unless you can get in touch with the original creator of this character, I would not like to see this happen. OK to do with consent, otherwise I can already picture the complaints from reactivated parties about how characters have been hijacked in their absence.

Will do. We haven't really done anything about it yet. I'll inform the other players OOC, and drop the charges IC.
Kalistani Survivor: Outplay, Outwit, Outlast

Right now, in an Alternate Dimension, Superman is Denying People Water

Carmine, I request permission to hit Ragano
pentalarc

Previous

Return to Archive