Question about characters

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Question about characters

Postby Sam » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:18 am

first wrote:OOC: As far as i am aware only i can control the people under my control within roleplay, you can not without my say so put him under arrest. I have under this occurance adapted my role play along the lines of this is simple propoganda to deminish moral.

Link

As far as I remember, arresting other people's characters has been allowed. Can JJ or another mod clarify if this has been changed in the time since I left?
"The FSB finally caught him for talking shit about replacing Putin with this "Saiser" character. I'm guessing they're up to his seventh toenail by now."
- Dynastia on jethro
Sam

Re: Question about characters

Postby pentalarc » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:58 am

I'm not a mod, but I can tell you how I've always handled it.

Someone RPs the arrest of my character, I RP him getting broken out of jail, or a friendly judge letting him off, connections causing a paperwork snafu that releases him, etc.

Now, when someone RPed one of my characters getting blown up, that I objected to, and immediately released an offical news release saying the previous one had been in error. I know that you can't bump off someone else's character without permission, don't know about arresting them.
Kalistani Survivor: Outplay, Outwit, Outlast

Right now, in an Alternate Dimension, Superman is Denying People Water

Carmine, I request permission to hit Ragano
pentalarc

Postby Mr.Yankees » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:55 am

I dealt with this not too long ago. According to the rules, you cannot arrest someone's character without expressed consent. The mods will tell you to talk to the other player and try to work something out.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby AdJeCtIv3 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:36 am

I believe pax cynica dictates you can not 'affect' another players characters without consent.
Arrest would indeed be 'affecting' them IMHO.

If you want to arrest another players character I would suggest you speak to them first.
I AM NOT A Image ANY MORE!!
AdJeCtIv3

Postby JuliaAJA » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:21 pm

What about organisations? Freelancer arrested and made false claims about the Terran Union for Schultzism.
http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=30%20Link
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Freelancer » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:14 pm

Well, interesting. I believe what you are currently talking about refers to this rule in the Pax Cynica

"9.4 ~CHARACTER STEALING: The act of implementing a character in an event that does not belong to the player without the permission of the player who created the character."

I have RP an arrest of someone I claim to be a member of Union for Schultzism and not anyone you have "created". You may not like it, you may feels that I use your own words aganist you, you may feels that it is not fair, you may want to RP to deny it, you may choose to said that the news is a lie and a false claim so that I can kill innocent jews (which could be true), but I believe I didn't break any game rule since lie and deciet are part of Particracy as long as it remains in good IC. If the mod feels otherwise then I apologize.
Freelancer

Postby AdJeCtIv3 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:26 pm

From how I read that, the DP 'created' a character, and then arrested him/her as well. Perfectly legal.
I AM NOT A Image ANY MORE!!
AdJeCtIv3

Postby JuliaAJA » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:44 pm

But, they created my character.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Freelancer » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:24 am

I will leave it to the mods to explain it to him or else I will explode and said something I won't regret.
Freelancer

Postby pentalarc » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:42 am

A similar question:

Kalistan just recently finished with the Third Crisis. An unofficial civil war. After the conflict was over, a the Revolutionary Truth Commission was created to try people on both sides for war crimes. The prosecutor for one of the sides attempted to indict the entire population of Kalistan for war crimes. He was removed from his position, and removed from the commission as well. He was thus going to be indicted for contempt of the Revolutionary Truth Commission. Before this could happen, his player deactivated, RPing his party folding due to lack of funding and lack of electoral success.

Here's the question: Can we still indict the character, since his player is technically no longer here. A) he can't give us permission to go ahead with the RP, but B) he's not here to run the character, and there can be no in-game or RP effect on the player or his party overall, since he is currently deactivated, and his party dissolved.
Kalistani Survivor: Outplay, Outwit, Outlast

Right now, in an Alternate Dimension, Superman is Denying People Water

Carmine, I request permission to hit Ragano
pentalarc

Next

Return to Archive