Hereditary leader is RPed by a Party -- WTF???

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Re: Hereditary leader is RPed by a Party -- WTF???

Postby Barnwood » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:15 am

I controlled the Hutorian King during the Hutorian Civil War, he was my character. Nobody complained.
Barnwood

Postby Zanz » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:04 pm

Vidoja,

You will notice historically that a vast majority of the established monarchies on Terra have had a party that acts as the parliamentary liaison, if you will, of the royal family. An example of a long running one is the Kaiserliche Hulsterreichische Partei in Hulstria: The player behind that party, Philip, was the original creator of the Rothingren-Traugott line which has ruled in Hulstria for a long time. The KHP is the official voice of the monarchy in the Imperial Diet, and when it comes down to it, the Rothingren-Traugott Emperors are his characters, and he can and has done as he wants with them. They die when he says they do, etc.

A way for a nation to establish a bit more control over the monarchs and their potential abuse by someone who manages to get a monarch seated is to create legislation specifically limiting the power of the monarchy and requiring parliamentary approval of specific actions. This would be especially prudent in Lodamun where I gather that the monarchy is supposed to be irrelevant politically. The monarch SHOULD be RPed as a talking head, but that RP can be done only by the creator of the character, in this case, YankeeHater.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Vidoja » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:27 pm

Anyway, it is something that I cannot forbid him. I find it very illogical and disagree with all that is said.
Vidoja

Postby Steven » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:02 am

Mr.Yankees wrote:I will make a quick comment on this thread as I am heading out. I will further comment later.

I will first like to point out that there was never an agreement as to who would control the Monarch. So, no one controls it as far as I am concerned. But let's put that aside. The sole fact that the Monarch is irrelevant (aka. symbolic) says it all. However, YankeeHater is granting himself powers that come out of nowhere. But let's also leave that aside as that's a matter for us to discuss.

Look, the point I am trying to make is that per our laws visitors do not need anyone's permission. So, if Vidoja RP's this through (a visit to Lodamun---let me be clear that this is not a state visit), his character cannot be touched. As I am always reminded by everyone, the game mechanics come first. Now, YankeeHater has "detained" Vidoja's character without his permission, I assume. That may be something the moderators may want to take a look at.

Vidoja, I do get what you are saying and I agree with you. I had never seen a monarch being role played by a party unless an agreement between the players had been set up first.

I am leaving now. I will come back to this if necessary.

The cabinet is controlled by 3 parties which is the government if you didn't know that Yankees and we are all denying him the right to visit the nation. I dont see how that we are going against any rp rules. And Yankees, a moron who ran early elections every fucking 5 minutes so he could retain "virtual" power shouldnt be talking about roleplay rules. :lol:

It doesnt matter if its a state visit or not he has been arrested and deported back to his nation.

Currently: The powers of the police are not restricted. So bye bye.

I will make a quick comment directed at Mr. Yankees on this thread as I am heading out.

Thanks, I am leaving now. I will come back to this if necessary.
Steven

Postby Vidoja » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:31 pm

Steven wrote:And Yankees, a moron who ran early elections every fucking 5 minutes so he could retain "virtual" power shouldnt be talking about roleplay rules. :lol:

You obviously don't even know what is role-play :lol: . The thing Yankees did is only to be judged by moderation, as you said it is a virtual thing, nothing to do with RP. But, as I can see that you are a newbie (not to say the n00b variant of the word), it is all in compliance with the moderation rules. If you do not believe me, ask any moderator. You can do that, that is dictatorship, there were many in our RW history. So not to bug the moderators, you can look up this topic: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77 Please, learn the basic things in this game, and spare us of your bad words.
Vidoja

Postby Steven » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:47 pm

Vidoja wrote:
Steven wrote:And Yankees, a moron who ran early elections every fucking 5 minutes so he could retain "virtual" power shouldnt be talking about roleplay rules. :lol:

You obviously don't even know what is role-play :lol: . The thing Yankees did is only to be judged by moderation, as you said it is a virtual thing, nothing to do with RP. But, as I can see that you are a newbie (not to say the n00b variant of the word), it is all in compliance with the moderation rules. If you do not believe me, ask any moderator. You can do that, that is dictatorship, there were many in our RW history. So not to bug the moderators, you can look up this topic: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77 Please, learn the basic things in this game, and spare us of your bad words.

I am a newbie? I have been on this game for 5 years and I am a donater. O but I guess that makes me a newbie? Try again. And look who was proven wrong in this topic. You are wrong and everyone agreed that a hereditary leader placed in by a party can roleplay him/her as their character. Hahaha, and you call me a "newbie. Looks like you are the one who should learn the basic "things" as you put it in this game.

You mad. :lol:
Steven

Postby GreekIdiot » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:59 pm

You didn't call his mother a whore? I'm shocked Steven.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Duke Matthus » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:55 am

I shall give the voice as a person who was and still is kind of a Monarch.

It depends on what you call a political party. Look at my name on the Signature. I play as the Imperial Court of Luthori & Alduria, meaning I represent the power the people have given to the Emperor in the Diet. Now I did this all through our nations Constitution and I even spelled out special rules on this matter, such as I could not ever be HoG.

Now, if such a thing exists in your nation, then by all means he should be able to play as the monarch.

At the same time some nations, such as Hulstria and Rildanor, have a hands off approach for their monarchs. They have caretakers of the monarchs family, which I also do in Luthori along with other parties, and in Rildanor, they use to vote on everything that had to deal with the monarch. That meant marriages and children and such.

So there is many ways that a "party" can control the monarch, it all depend on how it is done in that nation and whether the party or parties that are controlling it have the power to enforce such a claim.

Anyway, that is from someone who has played a monarch before, so Mods I am sorry for commenting on a subject meant for you but I thought I may be able to help here where I have personal and still doing experience.

- Duke Matthus
Long Live the Empire!!!!
And while we are at it, "Hail the Holy Britannian Empire!!!!!"
Duke Matthus

Postby Vidoja » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:57 am

Steven wrote:
Vidoja wrote:

I am a newbie? I have been on this game for 5 years and I am a donater. O but I guess that makes me a newbie? Try again. And look who was proven wrong in this topic. You are wrong and everyone agreed that a hereditary leader placed in by a party can roleplay him/her as their character. Hahaha, and you call me a "newbie. Looks like you are the one who should learn the basic "things" as you put it in this game.

You mad. :lol:

Love your picture by the way. How many per miles of ethyl-alcohol did you drink? 5? I guess it would be it. Well, someone never learns. (So what, I can give money too if I wanted, I dislike people who boast off as being a "donater". I just don't believe the internet transactions of money, that is the main reason why I don't donate.) I was implying to the fact that you play for 5 years and do not know there are dictatorships with a short time of new elections and small quotas for proposals, which does not allow new parties to get seats (until the dictator slips). That is a book sample of something that is quite common in Particracy. You disappointed me, Steve -- oh Steven.
This was maybe you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrx_x_54Pbw (The police give him the apparatus to exhale in it. He thinks of it as an bottle of alcohol and tries to drink it up. Than he says: "Should I kick or pull?".)
Vidoja

Postby Vidoja » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:58 am

Sorry, double post.
Vidoja

PreviousNext

Return to Archive