Quarantine and Lodamun military

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Re: Quarantine and Lodamun military

Postby Opakidabar » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:08 am

My two cents
On Quarantine - it may work in real life and it may be legal even here, but this time it is quarantine that disallows free usage of Lodamun - Dolgava sea strait. So trade vessels can only either more around Keris to North Pole or move around Seleya or go through quarantine which is very time consuming.
So nations are free to try to negotiate free passage of their trade ships (btw MrYankees, I noticed in your last post that there is an option to make a sort of tunnel that trade ships may use to pass the Quarantine zone without being checked, so that is taken into account) and if that does not happen use it as a ground for war declaration.
edit: I still like the idea ooc, despite I will fight it very much IC ;)

On Military - maybe it is worth to create a role model for military might of average (standard) Terran nation. So if nation has average number of population, average GDP, is military oriented (Terran role model is ;) ) then what is national military might. Then you can see, ok my nation is military oriented but twice more population than average, so it is far to assume I have twice military.
It would be of good help especially for players like me who do not know anything on aircraft carriers, etc.. (I mean I RP President here not the General :) ), so I can say what are military forces of my nation based on average example.
Opakidabar

Postby JuliaAJA » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:32 am

jethro wrote:
Darvian wrote:I'd say it's also worth noting that it's my understanding that Terra proper is 4x the size of Earth, I know I read that somewhere as official though I subject myself to fact checking. On top of that, it's the year 27XX which due to the inability for any of us to imagine with any real insight as to the technological achievements we'll as a people made by that year (assuming we're even still around) that whole '10 year advancement' rule has been the guiding principal when it comes to building/maintaining armies. I.e. a simple measure in place to keep idiots from claiming mechs and lightsabers. No doubt in what I've already said I'll get people screaming at me but, feel free-I don't expect to be reading those comments. I'm not justifying anyone with this post, merely pointing out that there is some in here trying to do real-world equals when I thought it was long ago put to rest that while that's a good guiding principal it doesn't work given the facts I've outlined about the game itself. For the people who have a problem with huge powerful militaries and so on, why aren't you screaming at X, Y and Z corporations popping up overnight with (some of them) having catalogs pre-made of every weapon you could want? Seriously people....The double-standard here is silly. My reference to the corporations might have some of you going, well that doesn't make any sense. Well it does given if I wanted to play this game like some do, I could make-up a company and say it had 20 million F-32's and say I bought them all. It's entirely unrealistic but, it's going on as I type all over the place and no one really seems to care...except in this thread oddly enough.

The difference is I don't think anyone takes those corporations (I presume you're referring to Klink) seriously. These are the hideously inflated numbers given by a nation that is now imposing them directly by international action on the international world. I personally don't care enough to excoriate Jess for the absurdity of Klink Industries because it is entirely irrelevant, Lodamun starting a blockade with half the RL world's tanks and aircraft carriers is very relevant. As I've said, very Iori moment here, another ruling party in a nation that has completely lost its sense of perspective and its real sense of genuine power that is claiming to be Terra's version of the US. Does nobody else find fun in RPing a backwater, broken-down nation?

A good rule of thumb for good RP: Don't pretend to be the US

I will scale down.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby JuliaAJA » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:34 am

jethro wrote:
Emunim wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you claiming to have 400,000 Tanks?

Lodamun contracts well. Indeed, and 200 million soldiers, and 50 billion nuclear warheads, and 3 Death Stars.

Who sells Death Stars? Beiteynu's looking for a reliable vendor, Klink Industries is not into manufacturing Death Stars.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby GreekIdiot » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:24 pm

Shitballs. I haven't been in for the last 12 hours and ended up losing track of everything.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:46 pm

Ok let's see something through. A resolution is declared valid and therefore active if only passed by 2/3rds. Well, the quarantine, the fleet movements and the freeway paths have never been authorized by the parliament, officially.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewnatio ... ationid=19

All these documents remain in the debate section and have never passed from the hands of the legislative assembly. Therefore they are invalid. Because my party can also declare a state of emergency in a particular region at any time without needing to issue it to the legislative assembly.

He may apparently possess almost 100% of the parliamentary folks, but still, a parliament is a parliament and even if you owned it, you still would have to go through that pesky procedure that would allow the rest of us to vote on bills.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby jethro » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:07 pm

Jessaveryja wrote:
jethro wrote:
Emunim wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you claiming to have 400,000 Tanks?

Lodamun contracts well. Indeed, and 200 million soldiers, and 50 billion nuclear warheads, and 3 Death Stars.

Who sells Death Stars? Beiteynu's looking for a reliable vendor, Klink Industries is not into manufacturing Death Stars.

Than you need to get in on the action. Everyone knows your nation isn't properly equipped to handle terrorists unless you have colossally-expensive superweapon that is capable (and only capable) of annihilating the entire planet.
jethro

Postby Mr.Yankees » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:39 pm

George S.K wrote:Ok let's see something through. A resolution is declared valid and therefore active if only passed by 2/3rds. Well, the quarantine, the fleet movements and the freeway paths have never been authorized by the parliament, officially.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewnatio ... ationid=19

All these documents remain in the debate section and have never passed from the hands of the legislative assembly. Therefore they are invalid. Because my party can also declare a state of emergency in a particular region at any time without needing to issue it to the legislative assembly.

He may apparently possess almost 100% of the parliamentary folks, but still, a parliament is a parliament and even if you owned it, you still would have to go through that pesky procedure that would allow the rest of us to vote on bills.

That's why you have to read the other bills I have so nicely compiled in one single bill ( http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=237330 ). Come on, George, it took me a while to compile all of those links, you may want to make some use of it. I will not even discuss what you have just brought up because there is no point to it. The answer is in the link I provided to you.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby GreekIdiot » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:06 pm

Aah shit...you and your bloody 2/3rds...
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby Mr.Yankees » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:10 pm

Life is tough, I know but you've got to love that magical two-thirds.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby GreekIdiot » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:11 pm

Patience is a virtue.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

PreviousNext

Return to Archive