Change in Head of State

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Change in Head of State

Postby Mr.Yankees » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:55 am

This is the first time I have seen this occur. A story came out in the newspaper where the President gets killed ( http://classic.particracy.net/viewnews. ... &nation=19 ). Now, I know that these kind of stories appear all the time but I just noticed that the Head of State name was actually changed after the story came out. Like I just said, this is the first time I have seen it happen. Has it happened before to any of you? And can it be changed back without the need for early elections or wait 'till the next scheduled elections.

Thanks.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Re: Change in Head of State

Postby Opakidabar » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:00 am

I would say, just let him die. This time game mechanics tells he is dead.
On the other hand of course you can elect him one more time... And have him resurrected :) not what I would do..
Anyway my point is that you can or can not accept what game gives to you, but new elections are necessary for the same Kynes clone to be elected again.
Opakidabar

Postby Mr.Yankees » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:02 am

Opakidabar wrote:I would say, just let him die. This time game mechanics tells he is dead.
On the other hand of course you can elect him one more time... And have him resurrected :) not what I would do..
Anyway my point is that you can or can not accept what game gives to you, but new elections are necessary for the same Kynes clone to be elected again.

Well, I used it as a failed assassination attempt (so, the initial report was incorrect, according to other reports---not unusual in real life). I'm aiming for a record here, so I need the character alive.
Mr.Yankees

Postby Khaler » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:31 pm

It seems you are breaking the "game goes first" rule ;)

You have to start all over with your record.
Be on your OLD GUARD, stand firm in the faith!
-1 Selucians 16:13
Khaler

Location: Great Democratic Republic of Khaleristan, a member of the caring and loving Russian Federation!

Postby Sam » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:37 pm

Mr.Yankees wrote:
Opakidabar wrote:I would say, just let him die. This time game mechanics tells he is dead.

Well, I used it as a failed assassination attempt (so, the initial report was incorrect, according to other reports---not unusual in real life). I'm aiming for a record here, so I need the character alive.

The game doesn't want you to have a record. As Khaler said (and as the rules say), The Game Always Goes First.
"The FSB finally caught him for talking shit about replacing Putin with this "Saiser" character. I'm guessing they're up to his seventh toenail by now."
- Dynastia on jethro
Sam

Postby Mr.Yankees » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:49 pm

Khaler wrote:It seems you are breaking the "game goes first" rule ;)

You have to start all over with your record.

Sam wrote:
Mr.Yankees wrote:

The game doesn't want you to have a record. As Khaler said (and as the rules say), The Game Always Goes First.

Actually, I hadn't thought of that. I guess you guys are right. I smell conspiracy here. :)

But I honestly had never seen this before.
Mr.Yankees

Postby Khaler » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:46 pm

Mr.Yankees wrote:I smell conspiracy here. :)

I know. It is like happening everywhere these days. :?

But seriously I doubt the game can kill your RP-character in the rules (even though it does). The game killed Mr.Dot in Yishelem not too long ago, and Bailif Wilhuf von Raux became Wilhuf von Raux Albrecht Moore. But if the game goes first in these cases, King William IV of Luthori etc. AND his Bailif died in August 2847. ;)

http://classic.particracy.net/viewnews.php?newsid=237304&nation=51

It is right there in black and white.
Khaler

Location: Great Democratic Republic of Khaleristan, a member of the caring and loving Russian Federation!

Postby Mr.Yankees » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:27 am

Khaler wrote:
Mr.Yankees wrote:I smell conspiracy here. :)

I know. It is like happening everywhere these days. :?

But seriously I doubt the game can kill your RP-character in the rules (even though it does). The game killed Mr.Dot in Yishelem not too long ago, and Bailif Wilhuf von Raux became Wilhuf von Raux Albrecht Moore. But if the game goes first in these cases, King William IV of Luthori etc. AND his Bailif died in August 2847. ;)

http://classic.particracy.net/viewnews.php?newsid=237304&nation=51

It is right there in black and white.

Well, I guess the magical forces of Particracy were telling me to kill the character already. Oh, well. It's not a big deal. :)
Mr.Yankees

Postby Khaler » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:45 pm

No, but basically this should be cleared because it sets those who use "." tactic in an advanced position compared to traditional Head of States. It is not fair. Either A) the game cannot kill your character even though it does, or B) the HoS-title can no longer include characters, only the position, or C) the character named in the HoS-title will also die.
Khaler

Return to Archive