Mordusian Power Grab?

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Re: Mordusian Power Grab?

Postby AngryMollusc » Sat May 23, 2009 9:11 pm

Mr.Yankees wrote:I could campaign for that to happen. Angrylocks is a clever name.

You know, I have heard a lot about treatylocks and I still have a vague idea of what it is. Anyone kind enough to explain how it works?

You make a good point actually. They have a habit of making people very angry...

Basically, you make treaties preventing every variable from being changed. It's a pain in the neck to set up, but it's easier to maintain afterwards. On the other hand, it makes restoring your visibilities difficult, so you're on a bit of a time limit if you haven't prepared inactives to rotate (and even that only works for so long).

So, pros and cons. For a lazy git like me, it's clearly the better option, though.
AngryMollusc

Postby GreekIdiot » Sat May 23, 2009 9:34 pm

AngryMollusc wrote:
Mr.Yankees wrote:I could campaign for that to happen. Angrylocks is a clever name.

You know, I have heard a lot about treatylocks and I still have a vague idea of what it is. Anyone kind enough to explain how it works?

You make a good point actually. They have a habit of making people very angry...

Basically, you make treaties preventing every variable from being changed. It's a pain in the neck to set up, but it's easier to maintain afterwards. On the other hand, it makes restoring your visibilities difficult, so you're on a bit of a time limit if you haven't prepared inactives to rotate (and even that only works for so long).

So, pros and cons. For a lazy git like me, it's clearly the better option, though.

The pros for you is that you are completely alone in that deserted land. Whereas Yank has the occasional visit bumps.

And yes, doctor here has been given the gift of infuriating other people very easily.

And Jess, I was joking.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby JuliaAJA » Sun May 24, 2009 5:10 am

AngryMollusc wrote:Besides, what's wrong with the usual name?

Of course, if we're rebranding exploits after the people who just happen to be using them now, I expect treatylocks to be renamed Angrylocks.

I like the new names.

Let's campaign.

Treatylock = Angrylock
The Dyastia = The Dr. Yankees or the DRY (it fits two ways)

George S.K wrote:And yes, doctor here has been given the gift of infuriating other people very easily.

And Jess, I was joking.

At least I made an ally in Kirlawa for it.

Sorry, hard to tell online.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby AngryMollusc » Sun May 24, 2009 11:05 am

Jessaveryja wrote:I like the new names.

Let's campaign.

Treatylock = Angrylock
The Dyastia = The Dr. Yankees or the DRY (it fits two ways)

You realise, I was joking right? :P

Seriously, I can't claim credit for treatylocks (as it happens, the first nation I ever joined had them installed, albeit on their last legs). At least Yankees discovered perpetual earlies independently.

Although, I do quite like the ring of the "Dr. Yankees"...
AngryMollusc

Postby JuliaAJA » Sun May 24, 2009 11:24 am

AngryMollusc wrote:You realise, I was joking right? :P

Seriously, I can't claim credit for treatylocks (as it happens, the first nation I ever joined had them installed, albeit on their last legs). At least Yankees discovered perpetual earlies independently.

Although, I do quite like the ring of the "Dr. Yankees"...

At least we have the Dr. Yankees.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby AdJeCtIv3 » Sun May 24, 2009 11:34 am

It's clearly something all players dread.

Therefore I propose it be called the ..er.. Dreadlock.
I AM NOT A Image ANY MORE!!
AdJeCtIv3

Postby Tsar Xavier » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:52 pm

lol'd. Actually, I stole the Treaty lock idea from the Deltarians, and stole the perpetual early elections from Mr. Yankees himself, having not known about it until...actually, until there was a moderation thread about it. XD

And yeah, my visibility is going to be absolute shit if a party ever bothers to re-activate itself, so it's not a fool-proof system to maintain power. But goddamnit, I won't have another pesky nazi ruin my libertarian paradise *cuddles Mordusia*.
Tsar Xavier

Previous

Return to Archive