Mordusian Power Grab?

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Re: Mordusian Power Grab?

Postby Aethers » Fri May 22, 2009 10:02 pm

Well yes, but there's no in-game way to do that, and the game's own text says that it is a bannable offense to make a second account. Most new players wouldn't think to check the forums to find the posted rules that say that inactive accounts do not count for purposes of that rule.

Even more than that, it just strikes me as... crass to assume that you have the right to a nation because you showed up there first. But I guess I may be taking this a bit too seriously.
Iqembu Sokusebenzisana Yeningi (Coalition for Democracy) in Ibutho Izulu
Mugenkai in the Imperial Federation of Sekowo (inactive)
Community Communist Congress in the Republic of Ikradon (obsolete)
Cosmopolitan Unity Party in the Republic of Sogona (P2, RIP)
Aethers

Postby JosephJ » Fri May 22, 2009 10:18 pm

I should note that power isn't as such permanent.
1) Old parties can be reactivated, and thus challenge the MAU in elections.
2) Visibility wears down over time, so the MAU will eventually run out of visibility - and thus, they'll either be winning random amounts of seats (thus no guaranteed control) or being forced to put a bill to the vote, let it pass, and hope that the other parties don't vote.

It's not against game rules to do this. It's a fairly sizable part of the game, and although it would be a problem if new players were being locked out, they're not (there are plenty of other nations to which they can go).
I WAS A MODERATOR
I WAS NOT VERY GOOD
JosephJ

Postby AngryMollusc » Sat May 23, 2009 11:07 am

Mr.Yankees wrote:
Jessaveryja wrote:He's pulling a Dr. Yankees.

I love the kind words people use to refer to me. :)

It would be nice if we called that particular tactic "the Dr. Yankees."

Alas, if we named exploits after their discoverers, that particular tactic, and every other known method of clinging onto power would be a "Dynastia"...

For my money, it's a damn good (if slightly clumsy) trick, though treatylocks have the edge.
AngryMollusc

Postby GreekIdiot » Sat May 23, 2009 12:10 pm

Treaty locks are the same, from my perspective. You still get to see your visibilities dwindle.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby AngryMollusc » Sat May 23, 2009 12:37 pm

George S.K wrote:Treaty locks are the same, from my perspective. You still get to see your visibilities dwindle.

They share that flaw, but it can be pretty much eliminated with well-planned guardrotation. Unlike treatylocks however, perpetual earlies require constant attention.
AngryMollusc

Postby JuliaAJA » Sat May 23, 2009 3:13 pm

Mr.Yankees wrote:
Jessaveryja wrote:He's pulling a Dr. Yankees.

I love the kind words people use to refer to me. :)

It would be nice if we called that particular tactic "the Dr. Yankees."

Hey, I didn't mean it that way. Okay, the Dr. Yankees.

George S.K wrote:You are a nasty, an infuriatingly annoying little pesky player, who's by the way a bureaucracy adorer and pretty much a warmongering vampire who longes only for absolute power and control over the others.

It's a Deltarian tactic, although a legacy slowly dwindling, but nevertheless carved in history.

He's a "MR" folks, not a doctor. Jee.

He's not that bad. And, he has doctorate.

AngryMollusc wrote:Alas, if we named exploits after their discoverers, that particular tactic, and every other known method of clinging onto power would be a "Dynastia"...

For my money, it's a damn good (if slightly clumsy) trick, though treatylocks have the edge.

How about, the Dynastia/Dr. Yankees.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby AngryMollusc » Sat May 23, 2009 4:28 pm

Jessaveryja wrote:
AngryMollusc wrote:Alas, if we named exploits after their discoverers, that particular tactic, and every other known method of clinging onto power would be a "Dynastia"...

Why Yankees in particular? Believe me, if you're going to include everybody who has ever used perpetual earlies, it would be a hell of a long name. At the very least, I want in :P Besides, what's wrong with the usual name?

Of course, if we're rebranding exploits after the people who just happen to be using them now, I expect treatylocks to be renamed Angrylocks.
AngryMollusc

Postby PresMusharraf » Sat May 23, 2009 5:43 pm

George S.K wrote:Treaty locks are the same, from my perspective. You still get to see your visibilities dwindle.

Treaty locks are NOTHING compared to...ahem....treaty locks, HoS lock, cabinet lock, extended terms, 1 proposal quota, and what this guy is doing...
Oh, dear, I believe I just gave Dynastia a new play for his everygrowing playbook. He can now control one nation singlehandedly (at least for a while)

EDIT: This guy also does have something close to a treaty lock but he allows a few things thru (to maintain his own visibility I suppose)
Hobrazi Union - Hobrazia (Inactive)
Luterani Útocný Strany - Deltaria (Active)
Lutherans of Keymon - Keymon (Inactive)
Corrupt Dealings Party - Baltusia/Kabushika/Celestia (Inactive)
I miss banners.
PresMusharraf

Postby AngryMollusc » Sat May 23, 2009 6:09 pm

PresMusharraf wrote:

Treaty locks are NOTHING compared to...ahem....treaty locks, HoS lock, cabinet lock, extended terms, 1 proposal quota, and what this guy is doing...
Oh, dear, I believe I just gave Dynastia a new play for his everygrowing playbook. He can now control one nation singlehandedly (at least for a while)

EDIT: This guy also does have something close to a treaty lock but he allows a few things thru (to maintain his own visibility I suppose)

...What would the point of all that be? The chief virtue of treatylocks is that they don't require anything else to control a nation singlehandedly, besides the occasional guardrotation (if you want to maintain power near-permanently).

And weren't the Deltarians the first to use treatylocks, the 1-5-72 and cabinet locks... everything you described, in fact...?
AngryMollusc

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sat May 23, 2009 8:05 pm

AngryMollusc wrote:
Jessaveryja wrote:

Why Yankees in particular? Believe me, if you're going to include everybody who has ever used perpetual earlies, it would be a hell of a long name. At the very least, I want in :P Besides, what's wrong with the usual name?

Of course, if we're rebranding exploits after the people who just happen to be using them now, I expect treatylocks to be renamed Angrylocks.

I could campaign for that to happen. Angrylocks is a clever name.

You know, I have heard a lot about treatylocks and I still have a vague idea of what it is. Anyone kind enough to explain how it works?
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

PreviousNext

Return to Archive