Mordusian Power Grab?

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Mordusian Power Grab?

Postby PresMusharraf » Fri May 22, 2009 5:48 pm

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=251948

I just happened to be looking around for a nation and I noticed the Mordusian Austrian Union (who has total control of the legislature) proposed and passed a call for early elections almost immediately after a minority party proposed two new bills and sent them to a vote. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I'm wondering if this player is pulling a power grab by abusing the game mechanics in order to keep any other party from gaining visibility and, therefore, keeping himself in power. It could be something; it could be nothing. But it's definately something I wan't the moderators to look into.
Hobrazi Union - Hobrazia (Inactive)
Luterani Útocný Strany - Deltaria (Active)
Lutherans of Keymon - Keymon (Inactive)
Corrupt Dealings Party - Baltusia/Kabushika/Celestia (Inactive)
I miss banners.
PresMusharraf

Re: Mordusian Power Grab?

Postby JuliaAJA » Fri May 22, 2009 5:52 pm

He's pulling a Dr. Yankees.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby GreekIdiot » Fri May 22, 2009 5:57 pm

PresMusharraf wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=251948

I just happened to be looking around for a nation and I noticed the Mordusian Austrian Union (who has total control of the legislature) proposed and passed a call for early elections almost immediately after a minority party proposed two new bills and sent them to a vote. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I'm wondering if this player is pulling a power grab by abusing the game mechanics in order to keep any other party from gaining visibility and, therefore, keeping himself in power. It could be something; it could be nothing. But it's definately something I wan't the moderators to look into.

Either way, it's not a moderation issue. Plain and simple.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Opakidabar » Fri May 22, 2009 7:39 pm

PresMusharraf wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=251948

For some reason this is considered normal behavior. It is actually similar to treaty locking, just does not require so much job :)
Opakidabar

Postby GreekIdiot » Fri May 22, 2009 8:22 pm

It's genuine, and rather beautifully conducted, exploitation of game mechanics, perfectly legal for the sole purpose that if it were the complainer doing the dirty work, another complainer of the same nature would always emerge.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby Mr.Yankees » Fri May 22, 2009 9:10 pm

Jessaveryja wrote:He's pulling a Dr. Yankees.

I love the kind words people use to refer to me. :)

It would be nice if we called that particular tactic "the Dr. Yankees."
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby GreekIdiot » Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 pm

Mr.Yankees wrote:
Jessaveryja wrote:He's pulling a Dr. Yankees.

I love the kind words people use to refer to me. :)

It would be nice if we called that particular tactic "the Dr. Yankees."

You are a nasty, an infuriatingly annoying little pesky player, who's by the way a bureaucracy adorer and pretty much a warmongering vampire who longes only for absolute power and control over the others.

It's a Deltarian tactic, although a legacy slowly dwindling, but nevertheless carved in history.

He's a "MR" folks, not a doctor. Jee.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby Aethers » Fri May 22, 2009 9:16 pm

George S.K wrote:It's genuine, and rather beautifully conducted, exploitation of game mechanics, perfectly legal for the sole purpose that if it were the complainer doing the dirty work, another complainer of the same nature would always emerge.

Sorry for being dense, but I didn't really understand this justification. Of course the party that uses this tactic to delay elections wouldn't complain, but it is possible to completely shut new parties out of any seats this way as long as one logs in at least once every 28 hours. (For practical purposes, it only HAS to be 28 hours if the misbehaving party logged off right before a tick and a rival put up a vote immediately after said tick.) So what exactly is the reasoning? I'm not objecting, since it sounds like this was argued to death a while ago, but I'd like to have a better understanding of it.
Iqembu Sokusebenzisana Yeningi (Coalition for Democracy) in Ibutho Izulu
Mugenkai in the Imperial Federation of Sekowo (inactive)
Community Communist Congress in the Republic of Ikradon (obsolete)
Cosmopolitan Unity Party in the Republic of Sogona (P2, RIP)
Aethers

Postby GreekIdiot » Fri May 22, 2009 9:20 pm

Let's say you completely and solely control a nation, which is entirely under your own will and imagination. You RP, have great plans, shape the international community, new events, participate everywhere, and all done thanks to your absolute power in that particular nation (because basically, and let's be honest about it, 100% control over a legislature means a nation is actually a player). But then some parties emerge and propose a bunch of silly old bills, which would CERTAINLY give them seats and most probably lead to the loss of your power.

That's the reason. Everyone loves it. But being oppressed can also be fruitful.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby Aethers » Fri May 22, 2009 9:54 pm

Ah, I get it, so the philosophy is that new players shouldn't be allowed to play the game.

Thanks for explaining.
Iqembu Sokusebenzisana Yeningi (Coalition for Democracy) in Ibutho Izulu
Mugenkai in the Imperial Federation of Sekowo (inactive)
Community Communist Congress in the Republic of Ikradon (obsolete)
Cosmopolitan Unity Party in the Republic of Sogona (P2, RIP)
Aethers

Next

Return to Archive