What happened to these treaties? :(

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

What happened to these treaties? :(

Postby Lucca » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:00 pm

Hi -- Could somebody please tell me what happened to these treaties? :(

http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=1190
http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=1191

I (KPJP) created them, and my party has never been inactive ever since I first joined Particracy.
Why were the treaties deleted?!
A treaty created by an active party should never be deleted for inactivity! (without that party's consent, of course)

In fact, these two were re-creations of treaties originally written by the Kirlawa Green Party. After the KGP went inactive, some busybody unnecessarily got the treaties deleted (which, sadly, is according to the rules). :cry:
So, I responded by re-creating them with my party (which is again allowed, or at least I think it is).
Now, apparently either that same busybody or another one, has gotten them deleted again, despite their author being a continually active party! :evil:
(My point in this paragraph is, I would never have had to create them in the first place, if the KGP's originals had just been permitted to stay instead.)

To reduce the likelihood of senseless mistakes like this in the future, would be simple and easy: just become less eager to delete everything, please.
Treaties, organisations, bills. Please just become less eager to delete everything. Deletion should be reserved for clear-cut, obvious cases; whenever the situation is a borderline one, please show mercy and let it live, instead of erring on the side of killing it.

And, I see that my draft treaty was spared. The one which I care much less about (but still enough to want to see it kept, of course). While the two which I care much more about were deleted. :evil:
Lucca

Return to Archive