Requests: General [A]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Questions & Requests

Postby darkGreenParty » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:30 pm

Not sure if this is proper place to ask that, or even if it's allowed. I proposed the bill below and put it to vote, but I choose for mistake the wrong option.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=578514

Is it possible for the mods to delete it or should we just vote "against" it? Since my party and its allies have congress majority, I think I can instruct them to vote "No" on this bill.
-Francisco Salazar de Oliveira Garcia, Chairman of the Dark Green Party of Tukarali
Dark Green Party (Tukarali)
darkGreenParty

Postby lewiselder1 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:08 pm

darkGreenParty wrote:Not sure if this is proper place to ask that, or even if it's allowed. I proposed the bill below and put it to vote, but I choose for mistake the wrong option.

Is it possible for the mods to delete it or should we just vote "against" it? Since my party and its allies have congress majority, I think I can instruct them to vote "No" on this bill.

Tricky issue, and there's no hard and fast rule here so take this with a pinch of salt, but I personally would be happy to delete it on principle -- except I think if players have already voted one way or the other, it's not worth doing. If you voted against it, it shouldn't influence your positions the wrong way; and if the majority votes yes, then they'd probably just repropose it... I'm open to debate but I think it's probably not worth doing unless nobody has voted on it (bar the proposer).
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby darkGreenParty » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:44 pm

lewiselder1 wrote:
darkGreenParty wrote:Not sure if this is proper place to ask that, or even if it's allowed. I proposed the bill below and put it to vote, but I choose for mistake the wrong option.

Tricky issue, and there's no hard and fast rule here so take this with a pinch of salt, but I personally would be happy to delete it on principle -- except I think if players have already voted one way or the other, it's not worth doing. If you voted against it, it shouldn't influence your positions the wrong way; and if the majority votes yes, then they'd probably just repropose it... I'm open to debate but I think it's probably not worth doing unless nobody has voted on it (bar the proposer).

Ok, I understand, well now most players already voted on it (including me), so I'll try the manual approach by proposing a new bill with the proper value and adding an OOC warn about it.

Thanks for your answer anyway!
-Francisco Salazar de Oliveira Garcia, Chairman of the Dark Green Party of Tukarali
Dark Green Party (Tukarali)
darkGreenParty

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby House Spencer » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:46 pm

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4447&start=3280#p138338

Respectfuly sirs I feel this is not professional
House Spencer

Postby Aquinas » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:12 pm

House Spencer wrote:http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4447&start=3280#p138338

Guys, whilst I'm certain Lewis intended no offence here, announcing inactivations with flamboyant rhetorical flourishes is not the wisest thing for Moderators to be doing. There is an obvious risk somebody is going to take it the wrong way, especially if they are unhappy about being inactivated or if they pick up a vibe that you are "showing off" your position as Moderators.

Additionally, please bear in mind that you are now operating a policy of regulating the request threads considerably more strictly than they were before. Users are expected to only post basic requests there. Follow-up inquiries are being strongly discouraged on the request threads themselves, with players asked to take any queries to this thread (Moderation/GRC Queries) instead.

If you wish to keep the request threads clear, brisk and business-like, then I question whether you are setting the ideal tone by communicating in a way that comes across as very casually informal. When you behave like that, you probably make it more likely users will follow your lead and respond with casual-but-not-strictly-necessary comments/posts of their own.

Worse, there is a risk that when players write posts on these threads which they believe are serious/important, they may resent being asked to take the query to another thread if they have seen you yourselves behaving on the thread in a way that looks a bit like larking about.

Sorry to be the killjoy, but whilst the dull and sober "Done" may feel unstylish, I genuinely think it will be easier for you and everyone else if you stick with it.

tl;dr If you want those threads to stay strictly business-like, think about remaining strictly business-like yourselves...
Aquinas

Postby Auditorii » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:16 am

Moderation has genuinely bridged the gap with players and people aren’t afraid to approach them and discuss their opinions. This team has done great and I think any change would be detrimental to their success.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Reddy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:20 am

House Spencer wrote:http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4447&start=3280#p138338

It's an online game, he's an unpaid volunteer Mod not the Queen of England. It's not something I would do myself but I don't see any problem with him being creative. A real problem would be him not doing his job. Lewis, I don't think anyone else cares about this and I'd advise adding "Done" to your otherwise delightful replies for clarity.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby House Spencer » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:20 pm

Lewis I'm not like personally against you, I just think

lewiselder1 wrote:MODERATION uses INACTIVATE. It's super effective!

wasn't how the way you should speak. Okay so I'm sore, you know why, but even forgetting me I mean it's not right is it?
House Spencer

Postby lewiselder1 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:55 pm

Reddy wrote:I'd advise adding "Done" to your otherwise delightful replies for clarity.

Fair will do

Auditorii wrote:Moderation has genuinely bridged the gap with players and people aren’t afraid to approach them and discuss their opinions. This team has done great and I think any change would be detrimental to their success.

Oof thanks for such an appraisal haha :D

House Spencer wrote:Lewis I'm not like personally against you, I just think

lewiselder1 wrote:MODERATION uses INACTIVATE. It's super effective!

wasn't how the way you should speak. Okay so I'm sore, you know why, but even forgetting me I mean it's not right is it?

I’m just not sure how this can offend anyone really? As I said I’m not mocking anyone for being inactivated, I’m not aiming the joke at all — I’m not sure how anyone can read it as a boast or a mockery. I just think not everything moderation does has to be serious and drab is all.

Aquinas wrote:tl;dr If you want those threads to stay strictly business-like, think about remaining strictly business-like yourselves...

I’m not sure that ever WAS the intention though. They need to be practical; if they’re flooded with debate or furious arguments, that’s just hot helpful and makes it more difficult to get the most important things, the requests, done. But I don’t think any of it needs to be formal and business-like... include the links in the middle of a poem for all I care, but it’s just easier to deal with longer discussions elsewhere.
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby Occam » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:14 pm

We're talking about inactivation because of inactivity here, not inactivation as a sanction. If it helps keep you motivated/sane, be as "unprofessional" as you want! :twisted:
Permanently gone.
Occam

PreviousNext

Return to Requests