Requests: General [A]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Reddy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:26 pm

This specific matter is about two renaming errors which have been made. It is not about any other area where Moderation may have made errors or acted wrongly. In this specific area, you have identified two errors out of perhaps dozens of renamings since the new rules were introduced. This must mean that this particular area is being handled fairly well.

Hence there is no case for radical changes such as that you propose. if there is an area where there is rampant incompetence or maladministration, then by all means, radical changes would be not advisable but vital.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby Aquinas » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:48 pm

Reddy wrote:This specific matter is about two renaming errors which have been made. It is not about any other area where Moderation may have made errors or acted wrongly. In this specific area, you have identified two errors out of perhaps dozens of renamings since the new rules were introduced. This must mean that this particular area is being handled fairly well.

Hence there is no case for radical changes such as that you propose. if there is an area where there is rampant incompetence or maladministration, then by all means, radical changes would be not advisable but vital.

Again, if you actually take the time to dig through the forum, particularly this thread and the renaming thread, you will find a multitude of instances where there have been problems related to nation renaming issues. This ought not to come as a complete surprise to you, since some of these have been in relation to your own requests. For example, your Pontesi renaming request, which you had to post twice because it was overlooked, or your Cobura renaming request, which was wrongly rejected because the Moderator did not take the time to research that Amharic is one of Cobura's listed languages. Similarly, late last year there was a discussion about the administration problems which were going on, which included nation renaming issues, and you described what you believed to be "disorder" in terms of the general administration of the game. As I believe you must surely be aware, that state of affairs existed quite some time before you made that particular comment. And whilst I would love to be able to tell you that the situation has now changed, the reality is that there are still problems going on.
Aquinas

Postby Reddy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:56 pm

My point remains unchanged - we cannot smash a fly with a hammer. Nation renamings are very simple procedures, the idea that we abolish them simply because a Moderator might make an easily correctable mistake makes little sense to me. We should encourage them to do their duties properly not punish the player base. If we applied your idea to inactivations, we might as well cease those too as the system is malfunctioning and I am sure the Mods occasionally make mistakes. Where would it end?
Reddy

Postby Aquinas » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:18 pm

Reddy wrote:My point remains unchanged - we cannot smash a fly with a hammer. Nation renamings are very simple procedures, the idea that we abolish them simply because a Moderator might make an easily correctable mistake makes little sense to me. We should encourage them to do their duties properly not punish the player base. If we applied your idea to inactivations, we might as well cease those too as the system is malfunctioning and I am sure the Mods occasionally make mistakes. Where would it end?

By this point, Reddy, it is fairly clear you are being deliberately disingenuous and this is not a constructive dialogue. See you around.
Aquinas

Postby Reddy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:07 am

Since you fail to point out which parts of my argument are disingenuous or nonconstructive, I must assume that you have nothing left to rebut the actual argument I have presented and only seek a way out. In any case, see you around indeed.
Reddy

Re: Questions & Requests

Postby XanderOne » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:58 am

Sorry, probably this is not the right thread but I don't know how to ask this:

Where are the mods? It seems just to me that the last mods activity (to post something on the forum) dates back to 09 Avril? Only Mr.God logged 14 Avril, but it seems he didn't do anything (and nobody responded even to the private message).
The requests by players into the "Game Moderation section" are piling up... and sorry if I say this, but with 3 mods, 1 week of absence or inactivity I think it is not very good.
I hope it's nothing serious guys, but we are waiting!

Thank you
XanderOne

Postby Rogue » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:57 pm

XanderOne wrote:Sorry, probably this is not the right thread but I don't know how to ask this:

Where are the mods? It seems just to me that the last mods activity (to post something on the forum) dates back to 09 Avril? Only Mr.God logged 14 Avril, but it seems he didn't do anything (and nobody responded even to the private message).
The requests by players into the "Game Moderation section" are piling up... and sorry if I say this, but with 3 mods, 1 week of absence or inactivity I think it is not very good.
I hope it's nothing serious guys, but we are waiting!

Thank you

yeah sorry. I was absent due to real life. I expected the other mods to take over but they have also been rather busy. Will not happen again
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby XanderOne » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:02 pm

Now it is allowed to post commercial advertising on the forum? There are now 6 new posts on the international news section that are commercial advertisings.
XanderOne

Postby cm9777 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:30 am

Nope these are spam accounts unfortunately they keep coming. I’ll get rid of them
cm9777

Postby XanderOne » Wed May 08, 2019 10:54 am

Sorry, but I want an aswers because i'm on the verge of a breakdown.

Some, please, can explain me this party: http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=28275

How it reactivated, just right before an election, JUST WHEN I WAS ON THE FINAL STAGE OF AN INSTITUTIONAL REFORM, THE END OF A MONTHS OF CREATION OF A RESONABLE RP, JUST IN TIME TO DESTROY ALL WHAT I DID IN ONE MONTHS OF ROLEPLAY.

How this party reactivated without "reactivation requezt": viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4360&start=6740

I checked the reactivation requests of the last month (sure at least since 13 April) and i didn't find Femir's demand of reactivation. And these are the last posts made by the player on the forum search.php?author_id=9740&sr=posts

All this really proved enormously my patience. I would like an explaination. I spent 1 months to finally arrive to the reform i introduced last week and then this other party came, just before an election, and in 1 day it destroyed all my RP, all the reform, everything what I did with a whole months of roleplay and without even a request of reactivation which can justify its return.
XanderOne

PreviousNext

Return to Requests