Really Strange Bill

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Really Strange Bill

Postby högni » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:29 am

Not that it's any of my business, but is it actually okay to make a bill like that?

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=315661
högni

Re: Really Strange Bill

Postby Steven » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:17 am

Technically they can make the bill except their party is inactive so it can be proposed to be deleted by other players even though it reads "Do not delete."

His threats of reporting people who disagree with him are laughable considering how inactivate parties interfering in a nation can be considered a breach of the rules. His Dorvik account can be locked because of this.
Steven

Postby Eryk » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:16 pm

I'm the player in Dorvik which the bill mentions. Farsun stood up for me because some players were interfering in what I was trying to do in Dorvik OOCly. I find nothing wrong with it nor should his account be closed because of anything. He simply tried to do the right thing and protect my right to do as I please in Dorvik which some players don't understand.

Furthermore, when this bill was posted he was an active party in the nation and he still is. He left for a brief period of a couple hours due to a disagreement in the nation. Please refine your facts before you post something against someone and call them laughable.
Eryk

Postby Farsun » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:14 pm

Eryk is correct. I was active when I made that and I went inactive because of what Eryk stated and an apparent personal issue that arose that thankfully panned out okay. Not to mention I wasn't going to report people who disagreed with me, I was going to report people who were harassing another player (Eryk) who was trying his hardest to make Dorvik a fun filled, RP active nation, which he helped it to become.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Steven » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:12 pm

Eryk wrote:I'm the player in Dorvik which the bill mentions. Farsun stood up for me because some players were interfering in what I was trying to do in Dorvik OOCly. I find nothing wrong with it nor should his account be closed because of anything. He simply tried to do the right thing and protect my right to do as I please in Dorvik which some players don't understand.

Furthermore, when this bill was posted he was an active party in the nation and he still is. He left for a brief period of a couple hours due to a disagreement in the nation. Please refine your facts before you post something against someone and call them laughable.

Please read my read my post again.

I said that an inactivate party making threats like that are laughable and at the time of this thread that party was still inactivate. Make the connection Erik, I made this post during those "few" hours when he was inactive.

Farsun wrote:Eryk is correct. I was active when I made that and I went inactive because of what Eryk stated and an apparent personal issue that arose that thankfully panned out okay. Not to mention I wasn't going to report people who disagreed with me, I was going to report people who were harassing another player (Eryk) who was trying his hardest to make Dorvik a fun filled, RP active nation, which he helped it to become.

No, YOU said you would report players who disagreed with Eyrk on how Dorvik should be run. Do not pretend otherwise. You are lucky that you activated your account in time otherwise a mod could have locked and deleted that bill. I am speaking from experience as this has happened several times in particracy. You have absolutely NO power in particracy to tell players they face "repercussions", you do not have control over the game since you are NOT a mod or an admin.

I am telling you this as a fellow player and I suggest you read the Pax Cynica.
Steven

Postby Eryk » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:34 pm

And who's business is it on how Dorvik is run? For all I care you have no right to mess into how I run the nation OOCly. Most of the players that protested against me with their constant PMs, etc were quite lucky that I was patient and nice or moderation would have taken care of them. Those are the repercussions Farsun was speaking of. Its some kind of nasty tradition here that if someone does not do as the community likes, they are automatically zeroed in on and will face 'consequences' if they refused to comply with the 'majority opinion'.

Let it go - he made a bill. He went inactive for a couple hours and came back. Theres nothing stopping him from making such a bill since in Pax Cynica it clearly states that if OOC bills directly involve the nation then they are allowed, in this case it did and furthermore involved me as well. Also, theres nothing stopping him from defending me - if you have any other concerns you can talk to moderation about it.
Eryk

Postby meisme » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:38 pm

Eryk wrote:And who's business is it on how Dorvik is run? For all I care you have no right to mess into how I run the nation OOCly. Most of the players that protested against me with their constant PMs, etc were quite lucky that I was patient and nice or moderation would have taken care of them. Those are the repercussions Farsun was speaking of. Its some kind of nasty tradition here that if someone does not do as the community likes, they are automatically zeroed in on and will face 'consequences' if they refused to comply with the 'majority opinion'.

Let it go - he made a bill. He went inactive for a couple hours and came back. Theres nothing stopping him from making such a bill since in Pax Cynica it clearly states that if OOC bills directly involve the nation then they are allowed, in this case it did and furthermore involved me as well. Also, theres nothing stopping him from defending me - if you have any other concerns you can talk to moderation about it.

meisme

Location: Being taken to the gates of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome

Return to Archive