Changes in Barmenia

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Changes in Barmenia

Postby Aquinas » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:16 am

Greetings,

Following a recent exchange on the [IFC]1st National Flags of Terra Competition][IFC] 1st National Flags of Terra Competition thread I thought it appropriate to seek clarification on my recent activity in Barmenia. Whilst I am posting in the Moderation forum and hope to get an "official" response I wish to make clear I am concerned about and interested in the views of all interested Particracy members on the subject at hand.

As some have noticed, Barmenia is currently a one-party state run by me, and has taken on an identity as the Feline Homeland of Barmenia where the national religion is cat worship, known as Felinism. More information can be found on wiki: http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Feline ... f_Barmenia

When I joined Barmenia in the game year 3133 (about a week ago) the nation was empty of parties and had not not voted on any legislation since 3119. Furthermore, it had been politically quiet for some time and had not divided seats between more than one party since 3017. In making the changes I introduced I was of course aware that other players had previously role-played in Barmenia and was familiar with various wiki entries that had been made, but did not consider myself to be sabotaging any currently ongoing roleplay. Actually, Barmenia seemed sadly rather dead at the time, and my hope was and is to inject a new dose of energy and hopefully attract a few new players. I appreciate that the cat theme is not to the taste of everybody, but it is novel and I hope it adds to the diversity which Particracy has to offer.

If I have broken any rules or important unwritten conventions then I request that I be educated about them so we can reverse or reduce any harm perceived to have been done. I am sorry to think that I may have offended anyone in the game, and it was never my intention to cause any OOC controversy.

On a possibly related note, Barmenia has just passed a Bill renaming her cities, but I am postponing putting in the renaming request until I have received feedback about its acceptability.

Yours,

Aquinas
Aquinas

Re: Changes in Barmenia

Postby Jay (LDP) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:15 pm

Technically there is nothing within the rule book to classify what you have done in Barmenia as invalid. There have, in the past, been discussions regarding a potential introduction of a set of guidelines to prevent established and maintained cultures being destroyed, however these have not yet been implemented and once a couple of new members have been recruited to the moderating team this idea will be discussed again.

The main thing, IMO, that we want to avoid is players crashing into an established and well-maintained nation - for instance Luthori or Hulstria - and trying to destroy the culture. A nation such as Barmenia which as you point out has been neglected for some time (albeit not a huge amount of time in comparison to some other nations) is going to be more open to such changes without as much criticism.

And on the note of your city rename request - whilst it is clearly original in its intent, I'd be wary of using names such as "Garfield" which is clearly in reference to an animated character from the real world. As with all RP, city names cannot contain references to RL people, places, things, etc.

Hope that answers your questions.
Particracy Game Moderator

Vanukese Conservatieven
Jay (LDP)

Re: Changes in Barmenia

Postby Aquinas » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:41 pm

Thanks for your feedback, Jay.
Aquinas

Return to Archive