Requests: Renamings [M]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Renaming Requests

Postby Auditorii » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:03 pm

gattus wrote:
Meant this poor bill from January 4937 =P

Can you please explain the reason for the name changes? Many of them appear to me culturally appropriate.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby gattus » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:29 pm

Auditorii wrote:
gattus wrote:
Meant this poor bill from January 4937 =P

Can you please explain the reason for the name changes? Many of them appear to me culturally appropriate.

Regions => Back to the statu quo (honestly, because the "official map" uses that names so it's better to locate the regions) xD

Cities by one: =)

Egelburgo => Angelburgo
Angel is angel both in spanish and english, egel is I think hedgehog in neerland... not a spanish root, I'm almost sure.

Mediomonte => Montemedio
In spanish, when you put the adjetive before the noun, it sounds like you're writing a poetry, which I felt it was kind of weird from a "name of a city" perspective, but that could only be me.

Fálfoz => Faifana
Here, falfóz sounds more kinda "turkish", so I replace with another "sound" similar. Mainly because Falfóz sounds like a main enemy boss in some fantasy RPG (or Miraz, in the Chronicles of Narnia) =P

Mesa del Norte => Hubiergo
Can't think of a city named table. (yes, "mesa" could mean "meseta" as in a plain surface of terrain, but everyone will think of just a table as the one you put the plates on when you're eating. so, "table of the north" is honestly an awful name for a city even in real life. O.O. Ubiergo is a spanish town/surname, so I just went for it, using an H at the front (which is silent anyway) to get within rules. =)

Libertaria => Independencia
Libertaria would be something like "freenomia" or "freedonomia"... just Independence would be better, IMHO of course.

Nueva Kinea => Nueva Esmeralda
Yes, Kinea is a region in the game, but just went with "if I'm using a spanish for new, I'd use a spanish word for the "old").
In "time" cases, (old/new), you can use the adjetive before and it sound ok. =)

Villa Kinea => Villaluis
Honestly, we already have 3 kineas with this one. Luis is just a common name.

Borianoburgo => Borealis
And here the excessive use of "burgo" feels like I'm in a german state in the game. =P. Borealis comes from the Aurora boreal which IMHO, sound better too.

Orillasclaras => Paraíso
This one just because "orillasclaras" I feel it sounds just weird... "I come from orillasclaras" would... sound... "strange" if you use it in a phrase. O.O
Paraiso is just Paradise.

Ostrella => Alfacrux
Ostrella would be like a forced short version of "Oeste estrella", which would be "west star", and yes, it sounds better in english. Alfacrux I'm just using some "keep it in the sky" idea, so I changed basically the orientation
and went with something that could be a derivate of the southern cross. (cross = crux in latin), and alfa is just Alpha as in the first letter of the greek alphabet (greek+latin here, sounds more adequate in spanish, even
if the actual word Alfacrux has little to no sense. (well, neither Ostrella)

Cabo Rozevia => Rozevia
Cabo Rozevia sounds more like the actual geographical place rather than the city using it, so Rozevia would be the city and Cape Rozevia (cabo is cape) the geographical point.

Puerto del Sur => Santosur
Honestly, it sounds like you built the port in the middle of nowhere and then created a city around it, rather than having a coastal city and then building a port at it. So I just went with
"Saint south", so the "puerto" would be the actual construction and not the whole city.

Puerto Libertad => Libertad
Same logic here.

That's all the changes, of course, if it's a violation of rules then no but at least the regions please because I look at the map and then look at where the hell is a region... it's a hell from a historical point of view (wikia too =P).
gattus

Postby Drax » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:07 am

Bill which seeks to change name of Kanjor to reflect having a monarch.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=648241

Would change name to Royaume - Uni de Kanjor (Kanjor).

Thanks
Neue Dundorfische Zentrumspartei (NDZP), Dundorf, Active
Deltarianska Narodna Strana (DNS), Deltaria, Active
Dedicated to the proposition.
Drax

Postby Super Messiah » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:29 am

Moderators,

Recently a bill was passed in Jakania to change the name of the Country. (Bill: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=648250). Please do so.

Thank You.
Super Messiah

Postby imperialpearl » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:13 am

imperialpearl

Postby M13 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:55 pm

Could you change the name in "United Duchies of Lodamun", please?

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=647744

Thanks
Lodamese Royalists
M13

Postby Auditorii » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:43 pm

All are done, the other request with city renaming will take me a bit to clear through.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby wimpwampwomp » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:53 pm

Finally got the proper renaming bill. Please rename to 'Republik von Hulsterreich und Gao-Soto'.
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=648367
wimpwampwomp

Postby Auditorii » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:57 pm

Done
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby gattus » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:57 pm

Auditorii wrote:All are done, the other request with city renaming will take me a bit to clear through.

Ok!, let me know if any of what was said, was against a rule, I'll mend it right away. =).
(I'm still the only party there) =P
gattus

PreviousNext

Return to Requests