Requests: Multiple Account Reviews [M]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Multiple Account Trials

Postby Aquinas » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:52 pm

Auditorii wrote:There was no issues with my second account in Luthori as it was disclosed to Mr. God and we had discussed it, it has since been inactivated by my choosing. Aside from your personal attacks and youre very open, hateful bias, the issue has been resolved and you've spoken to Mr. God about it. The language states generally should be avoided but does not prohibit playeds from being on the same continent. It does not prohibit it nor does it give any sort of governance to it.

What is contained in the pinned Particracy Game Rules (with some exception to descriptions for the Third World) is what the rules are, no ancillary topics contain de facto rules as some are just remnants from sometime ago when you were a Moderator.

I'll state that this discussion should be moved to the Moderation Queries thread or else itll be considered off topic for the nature of this thread and appropriate action will be taken.

Thank you.

I have used this thread for the exact purpose it exists, which is tackling unregistered multiple accounting.

If Moderation wishes to separate this discussion from this thread, then I recommend splitting the thread. Obviously, having one part of this discussion on this thread and the other part on the queries thread would not make much sense and could lead to confusion.

Responding to some specific points:

There was no issues with my second account in Luthori as it was disclosed to Mr. God and we had discussed it, it has since been inactivated by my choosing

Before getting yourself a second account, all you had to do was post on the second account requests thread, get permission and have your accounts listed on the register. What is so difficult or unreasonable about that? This is the process every other player in this game goes through in order to obtain a second account.

Given you say you did talk with Mr God before breaking the rules, obviously it is now appropriate to ask whether he encouraged you to break the rules in the way you did, and if so, why.

Aside from your personal attacks and youre very open, hateful bias, the issue has been resolved and you've spoken to Mr. God about it.

There has been absolutely no “personal attack” or “hateful bias” against you in this discussion. The focus on my part has been entirely on your actions.

The language states generally should be avoided but does not prohibit playeds from being on the same continent. It does not prohibit it nor does it give any sort of governance to it.

Let us look at what the rules actually say:

2. Users that are authorized to have a second active account will be registered in the "Second Accounts Register" located HERE. Moderation will make all efforts to ensure that this list is kept up to date;

3. Users that are not located on the aforementioned register are in violation of Section 2.1 and will have their accounts deactivated;

4. Users that are authorized to have a second account are not permitted to play within the same nation and are generally requested to avoid being on the same continent as their primary account;

You did something which is prohibited - running an unregistered second account in Luthori- and then you made it even more contentious by going against an expectation which is “generally requested”, namely that players with second accounts should not have the two accounts in the same continent.

Similarly, before this, you did something that was prohibited - running an unregistered second account in Solentia - and then you made it even more contentious by doing something that is also against the rules, namely installing a Cultural Protocol in Solentia using that unregistered account without bothering to go through the appropriate procedure (ie. wait 48 hours, announce the Cultural Protocol has been implemented on the appropriate thread on the forum). Conduct such as this is problematic, and I respectfully urge the Moderation Team to adapt its approach.

What is contained in the pinned Particracy Game Rules (with some exception to descriptions for the Third World) is what the rules are, no ancillary topics contain de facto rules as some are just remnants from sometime ago when you were a Moderator.

This observation is irrelevant to this discussion, but nevertheless I make the obvious point that if there is outdated/misleading guidance scattered across key information points around the forum, then it would be helpful it Moderation would address this.

The issues which have emerged in this discussion are concerning, and I hope the Moderation Team will reflect on them carefully. I would appreciate it if the next response could please come from a Moderator other than the one who is so personally involved, and also that it should explicitly be a collective response from the Moderation Team as a whole, rather than from one individual within it. I would also appreciate an assurance that legitimate discussion will not be shut down, and that I will not be on the receiving end of further discriminatory treatment simply on the basis I have called out Moderators for breaking their own rules. Thank you.
Aquinas

Postby Auditorii » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:23 pm

Aquinas wrote:
Auditorii wrote:There was no issues with my second account in Luthori as it was disclosed to Mr. God and we had discussed it, it has since been inactivated by my choosing. Aside from your personal attacks and youre very open, hateful bias, the issue has been resolved and you've spoken to Mr. God about it. The language states generally should be avoided but does not prohibit playeds from being on the same continent. It does not prohibit it nor does it give any sort of governance to it.

I'll state that this discussion should be moved to the Moderation Queries thread or else itll be considered off topic for the nature of this thread and appropriate action will be taken.

Thank you.

I have used this thread for the exact purpose it exists, which is tackling unregistered multiple accounting.

If Moderation wishes to separate this discussion from this thread, then I recommend splitting the thread. Obviously, having one part of this discussion on this thread and the other part on the queries thread would not make much sense and could lead to confusion.

Responding to some specific points:

There was no issues with my second account in Luthori as it was disclosed to Mr. God and we had discussed it, it has since been inactivated by my choosing

Before getting yourself a second account, all you had to do was post on the second account requests thread, get permission and have your accounts listed on the register. What is so difficult or unreasonable about that? This is the process every other player in this game goes through in order to obtain a second account.

Given you say you did talk with Mr God before breaking the rules, obviously it is now appropriate to ask whether he encouraged you to break the rules in the way you did, and if so, why.

Aside from your personal attacks and youre very open, hateful bias, the issue has been resolved and you've spoken to Mr. God about it.

There has been absolutely no “personal attack” or “hateful bias” against you in this discussion. The focus on my part has been entirely on your actions.

The language states generally should be avoided but does not prohibit playeds from being on the same continent. It does not prohibit it nor does it give any sort of governance to it.

Let us look at what the rules actually say:

2. Users that are authorized to have a second active account will be registered in the "Second Accounts Register" located HERE. Moderation will make all efforts to ensure that this list is kept up to date;

3. Users that are not located on the aforementioned register are in violation of Section 2.1 and will have their accounts deactivated;

4. Users that are authorized to have a second account are not permitted to play within the same nation and are generally requested to avoid being on the same continent as their primary account;

You did something which is prohibited - running an unregistered second account in Luthori- and then you made it even more contentious by going against an expectation which is “generally requested”, namely that players with second accounts should not have the two accounts in the same continent.

Similarly, before this, you did something that was prohibited - running an unregistered second account in Solentia - and then you made it even more contentious by doing something that is also against the rules, namely installing a Cultural Protocol in Solentia using that unregistered account without bothering to go through the appropriate procedure (ie. wait 48 hours, announce the Cultural Protocol has been implemented on the appropriate thread on the forum). Conduct such as this is problematic, and I respectfully urge the Moderation Team to adapt its approach.

This observation is irrelevant to this discussion, but nevertheless I make the obvious point that if there is outdated/misleading guidance scattered across key information points around the forum, then it would be helpful it Moderation would address this.

The issues which have emerged in this discussion are concerning, and I hope the Moderation Team will reflect on them carefully. I would appreciate it if the next response could please come from a Moderator other than the one who is so personally involved, and also that it should explicitly be a collective response from the Moderation Team as a whole, rather than from one individual within it. I would also appreciate an assurance that legitimate discussion will not be shut down, and that I will not be on the receiving end of further discriminatory treatment simply on the basis I have called out Moderators for breaking their own rules. Thank you.

You are being an issued a warning for failure to stay on topic, which for this topic is simply reporting multiple accounts, you have failed to do so after repeated reminders and attempted to derail a topic.

EDIT: To simply sum up your sermon, we'll take everything under advisement and we'll talk about it.

Thank you,
Moderation
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Cirith » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:59 pm

White Rose of the Holy Luthori Empire

Player since 2700!

Parti Conservateur Royaliste in the Kingdom of Lourenne until 3000
Parti Conservateur Royaliste of the Royaume de Kanjor until 4400
Cirith

Postby Auditorii » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:47 am

Cirith wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty.php?partyid=39119
http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=39136

Just checking as 1 claims to be the expelled members of the other

Good catch, thanks.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby General.M » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:39 pm

Libertären Partei (Dorvik)(inactive)
Republikeinse Partij / Rekvaknsé Prta (Vanuku)(inactive)
Alianța Liberalilor (New Endralon/Kizenia)(active)
Natsional'naya Liga Patriotov (Trigunia)(inactive)
General.M

Postby Auditorii » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:22 pm

Appears some were, some weren't. Thanks as always.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:23 pm

We've iterated this point before. This is an approved second account.

Thank you.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby soysauce » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:18 pm

Auditorii wrote:

Thank you.

It, err, wasn't, or at least not posted in the register.

Are we to assume that any second account run by a moderator is approved irregardless of whether it's in the register or not?
soysauce

Postby Auditorii » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:13 pm

soysauce wrote:
Auditorii wrote:

Thank you.

It, err, wasn't, or at least not posted in the register.

Are we to assume that any second account run by a moderator is approved irregardless of whether it's in the register or not?

The account is approved. Mr. God made a PM to me discussing it and his ideas, which I approved and he made a very, very public post about it in Discord. There has been no attempt to hide or conceal what he attempted to do. As stated, the register was not updated, as a matter of fact it has been.

That is the end of it.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

PreviousNext

Return to Requests