Requests: Multiple Account Reviews [M]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Multiple Account Trials

Postby Auditorii » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:50 pm

jamescfm wrote:As made clear in my post elsewhere, Farsun is operating two in-game accounts without permission. As per the Game Rules:
Section 2 - Account Management
1. It is forbidden to operate more than one active game account at a single time, this is commonly referred to as "multiing". Any player found to have more than one active accounts will have both inactivated, further "multiing" offenses may result in further sanctions against the overall player;

I hope the rules will be applied properly in this case, as they would if this were an ordinary player, and that both accounts will be inactivated.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=14105
http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=40246

You can see the clarification here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8032&p=158869#p158869
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:10 am

I read the clarification, it doesn't change the fact that you operated two active accounts without permission. In the Game Rules, the sanction to be imposed is specifically stated: both accounts are to be inactivated. Am I wrong to assume that this rule applies equally to all players?
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:22 am

jamescfm wrote:I read the clarification, it doesn't change the fact that you operated two active accounts without permission. In the Game Rules, the sanction to be imposed is specifically stated: both accounts are to be inactivated. Am I wrong to assume that this rule applies equally to all players?

I can state that will not be done. There has been times when players have created a second account in preparation for a proposal for the Second Account program and failed to inactivate it within the time that they are posted. The player has been reminded that they need to inactivate their second account as it has not been yet approved and they have done so. The PT Game Rules also state the following:

7. Moderation (and ultimately Wouter) reserves the right to determine sanctions, warnings or other actions necessary for rule or guideline violations.

-- Source: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8088#p145758

As I stated above with the second account program we've generally attempted to be more forgiving with the issue as it does come up from time to time.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:32 am

As long as I have been playing the game, it has never been the case that a Moderator is able to decide the sanction that they should receive for a particular infraction. When a member of Moderation is suspected of breaking the rules, responsibility for the matter has always been handed to the co-Moderator. With that in mind, on what basis can you say how you will be sanctioned? Unless the rules have now changed and players are free to determine the sanctions that apply to them. I will wait to hear from colonelvesica but at the very minimum, it would now seem sensible that you withdraw your second account application given that you have openly breached the Game Rules.
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:36 am

jamescfm wrote:As long as I have been playing the game, it has never been the case that a Moderator is able to decide the sanction that they should receive for a particular infraction. When a member of Moderation is suspected of breaking the rules, responsibility for the matter has always been handed to the co-Moderator. With that in mind, on what basis can you say how you will be sanctioned? Unless the rules have now changed and players are free to determine the sanctions that apply to them. I will wait to hear from colonelvesica but at the very minimum, it would now seem sensible that you withdraw your second account application given that you have openly breached the Game Rules.

I'll keep my application and wait for Vesica to make the determination on that, given that it was a mistake versus some egregious breach of the rules.

and he's more than welcome to look into this "infraction".
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:50 am

No need to use the quote marks, you openly broke the rules and operated two active in-game accounts without permission. Your attempt to call this a "mistake" is totally disingenuous, by the way. The story might be believable (that you created a new party and forgot to inactivate it) if it were not for the fact that you actually called an early election.

How could this possibly be an accident? What happened was you thought you could get a head-start by making the account before you had been approved and calling an early election which you would win as the only party. You assumed that nobody would notice and that colonelvesica would not bother to sanction you, unfortunately someone did notice and now you're trying to ignore the explicit provisions of the Game Rules to give yourself a free pass. How can any Moderation team hope to retain player confidence and adherence to the rules if they explicitly do not adhere to them and receive no sanctions when they are caught?
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:58 am

because it's the truth James. I did call an early election because I was actively chatting with Vesica when he said he was going to review the post. I called an early election, created the party and literally said to Vesica I'm going to deactivate it so it doesn't cause any issues. I thought I deactivated the party, I didn't. It's clearly evident that I didn't start "playing" as the account literally has an unchanged name, no candidates, no description, no color. This has happened before with other players and we have simply not inactivated both accounts, we've approached them and notified them of the issues and the same thing happened...they deactivated the second account and waited for the decision on the forum. That is precisely what happened here.

It's very simple James, I understand you don't like it but its the truth. You can concoct any theories that you wish but at the end of the day what I'm saying is the truth.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby XanderOne » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:58 pm

XanderOne

Postby jamescfm » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:12 pm

jamescfm