Requests: Real-Life or Inappropriate Variables [M]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Inappropriate Real-Life/Ridiculous/Offensive Variables

Postby Aquinas » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:46 pm

Zongxian wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty.php?partyid=35424

Appears that all/most ministers are real-life Nigerian politicians.

This player is still using Nigerian politicians for names.

As Zongxian informed you just over 2 weeks ago, and reminded you about 5 days ago, the People's Democratic Party in Deltaria Nova has been using the names of prominent real-life Nigerian politicians as names for in-game ministers. At the time of writing, the player is still continuing to use those minister names.

To give some examples, Chima Anyaso, Ike Ekweremadu, Stella Oduah, Dave Umahi and Ifeanyi Ubah.

This is against the Game Rules, which state:

3. Language, Communication and Culture

e. Using or referencing a real-life character, figure, nation, place, religion, organisation, nationality or another Real-Life variable in Particracy is strictly forbidden unless it is mentioned out-of-character.
i. This also applies to Real-Life fictional references (for example Cinderella, Narnia or Lightsabers)
Aquinas

Postby Luis1p » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:04 am

Aquinas wrote:

Appears that all/most ministers are real-life Nigerian politicians.

This player is still using Nigerian politicians for names.

As Zongxian informed you just over 2 weeks ago, and reminded you about 5 days ago, the People's Democratic Party in Deltaria Nova has been using the names of prominent real-life Nigerian politicians as names for in-game ministers. At the time of writing, the player is still continuing to use those minister names.

To give some examples, Chima Anyaso, Ike Ekweremadu, Stella Oduah, Dave Umahi and Ifeanyi Ubah.

This is against the Game Rules, which state:

3. Language, Communication and Culture

e. Using or referencing a real-life character, figure, nation, place, religion, organisation, nationality or another Real-Life variable in Particracy is strictly forbidden unless it is mentioned out-of-character.
i. This also applies to Real-Life fictional references (for example Cinderella, Narnia or Lightsabers)

I've messaged the player. Will inactivate if not changed within a reasonable amount of time.
Luis1p

Postby Aquinas » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:15 am

Luis1p wrote:I've messaged the player. Will inactivate if not changed within a reasonable amount of time.

When did you message the player? Just now? Five days ago (Zongxian's second report)? Fifteen days ago (Zongxian's initial report)?

We would also benefit from being given Moderation's definition of what a "reasonable period of time" is, in terms of the time allotted to players to fix rules breaches.

Also, since the Cultural Protocol Violation Reports thread somehow keeps getting inexplicably overlooked, please be sure to see my report about English minister names being used in Badara.
Aquinas

Postby Luis1p » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:19 am

Aquinas wrote:
Luis1p wrote:I've messaged the player. Will inactivate if not changed within a reasonable amount of time.

When did you message the player? Just now? Five days ago (Zongxian's second report)? Fifteen days ago (Zongxian's initial report)?

We would also benefit from being given Moderation's definition of what a "reasonable period of time" is, in terms of the time allotted to players to fix rules breaches.

Also, since the Cultural Protocol Violation Reports thread somehow keeps getting inexplicably overlooked, please be sure to see my report about English minister names being used in Badara.

I actually had already messaged the player. Their party will be inactivated if they don't change it. IRL maybe a reason why they're not inactive. So 2-3 days would be my best answer to a "reasonable'' time.
Luis1p

Postby Aquinas » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:23 am

Luis1p wrote:
Aquinas wrote:

I actually had already messaged the player. Their party will be inactivated if they don't change it. IRL maybe a reason why they're not inactive. So 2-3 days would be my best answer to a "reasonable'' time.

Are you referring to the Deltaria Nova player or the Badara player?

Also, when was the player messaged? Honestly, I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass here, either to Moderators or to the player concerned, but given the long delay in this case, I do genuinely feel this question is pertinent.

I also want to raise the question of why Zongxian's report (2 reports, actually) was not given the simple courtesy of an acknowledgement. It is important to acknowledge reports; otherwise, we can't see whether or not Moderators have read them and are acting on them.
Aquinas

Postby Luis1p » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:41 am

Aquinas wrote:

Also, when was the player messaged? Honestly, I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass here, either to Moderators or to the player concerned, but given the long delay in this case, I do genuinely feel this question is pertinent.

The Deltaria Nova player. I messaged the party almost two weeks ago and Today again.
Luis1p

Postby Aquinas » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:29 am

Luis1p wrote:
Aquinas wrote:

The Deltaria Nova player. I messaged the party almost two weeks ago and Today again.

This raises the question of how Moderation acts when player reports of rules breaches are received.

Is it the policy of Moderation to simply message the offending player once and then forget about it unless and until further messages are received requesting more intervention? Or when a rules breach has been identified, is it Moderation's policy to follow-up on that situation until it has been satisfactorily resolved (meaning preferably that the player complies with the rules, but if not, then inactivation)?

I am going to suggest that whenever a rules breach is reported, Moderation should do the following things:

(a) Investigate the report, to check whether there is genuinely a rules breach. and if so, exactly what the issues are. (Either through ignorance, confusion or malice, players do occasionally report issues which are not actually breaches of the rules.)

(b) Respond to and acknowledge the report, so the player submitting it knows it is being dealt with.

(c) Take ownership of the issue and follow-up, so the matter is resolved in a reasonable period of time. When I was in Moderation, the usual expectation would be that a player notified of a rules breach should fix it within 4 days or be inactivated. Although there was some discretion there. In some cases, more time would be allowed, especially if the issue was more minor and/or the player was genuinely confused about what to do. In other cases, for example if the player had knowingly committed the same offence previously, or if it was obvious the player was being deliberately recalcitrant and not just needing time to manually fix the issue, then inactivation could sometimes follow more quickly.

If situations like the recent ones in Jelbania, Deltaria Nova and Badara keep happening, then some players (myself probably included) will simply giving up on reporting issues to Moderation, because doing so will be seen as ineffective and as requiring the unnecessary wasting of too much time.

Finally, I would appreciate an acknowledgement of the Badara report, please. The report I made on the relevant thread has been ignored for the last 5 days.
Aquinas

Postby Luis1p » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:35 am

Aquinas wrote:
Luis1p wrote:
Aquinas wrote:

This raises the question of how Moderation acts when player reports of rules breaches are received.

Is it the policy of Moderation to simply message the offending player once and then forget about it unless and until further messages are received requesting more intervention? Or when a rules breach has been identified, is it Moderation's policy to follow-up on that situation until it has been satisfactorily resolved (meaning preferably that the player complies with the rules, but if not, then inactivation)?

I am going to suggest that whenever a rules breach is reported, Moderation should do the following things:

(a) Investigate the report, to check whether there is genuinely a rules breach. and if so, exactly what the issues are. (Either through ignorance, confusion or malice, players do occasionally report issues which are not actually breaches of the rules.)

(b) Respond to and acknowledge the report, so the player submitting it knows it is being dealt with.

(c) Take ownership of the issue and follow-up, so the matter is resolved in a reasonable period of time. When I was in Moderation, the usual expectation would be that a player notified of a rules breach should fix it within 4 days or be inactivated. Although there was some discretion there. In some cases, more time would be allowed, especially if the issue was more minor and/or the player was genuinely confused about what to do. In other cases, for example if the player had knowingly committed the same offence previously, or if it was obvious the player was being deliberately recalcitrant and not just needing time to manually fix the issue, then inactivation could sometimes follow more quickly.

If situations like the recent ones in Jelbania, Deltaria Nova and Badara keep happening, then some players (myself probably included) will simply giving up on reporting issues to Moderation, because doing so will be seen as ineffective and as requiring the unnecessary wasting of too much time.

Finally, I would appreciate an acknowledgement of the Badara report, please. The report I made on the relevant thread has been ignored for the last 5 days.

Okay will do. Thanks
Luis1p

Postby Aquinas » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:02 am

Reference to Mikhail Bakunin...

http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=36022

FREEDOM

Our statutes are based on the theory of Mikhail Aleksandrovich Bakunin, the ideologist of anarchism, and our goals are the abolition of the state, capital, salary, oppressive forces, and the emancipation of the human race, to create a controlled world by local assemblies, where the inhabitants are citizens with full rights, where they work for the community good, respecting the environment and the animals.
Long live the human being!
Aquinas

Postby Luis1p » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:50 pm

Messaged the player.
Luis1p

PreviousNext

Return to Requests