Requests: Real-Life or Inappropriate Variables [M]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Inappropriate Real-Life/Ridiculous/Offensive Variables

Postby Polites » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:43 am

Messaged
Polites

Postby CanFly » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi new party in Talmoria (http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=34774) using a a character that is eerily similar to Steve Bannon and it is also not in alignment with the CP of Talmoria but that's another story.
Call me Eagle!

(Controller of House Nordenburg/Neuhaus of Talmoria)

Indrala: Inactive
Dankuk: Inactive
Keymon: Inactive
Talmoria-Aslistan: Active
Hawu Mumenhes: Inactive
Cobura: Inactive
CanFly

Postby cm9777 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:50 am

CanFly wrote:Hi new party in Talmoria (http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=34774) using a a character that is eerily similar to Steve Bannon and it is also not in alignment with the CP of Talmoria but that's another story.

Messaged
cm9777

Postby TheCollectivist » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:59 am

Do real-life fictional references apply to your own fictional work or is just limited to others? I do try to keep my own fictional work separate from my Particracy content, but recently they have been converging and I feel it will become impossible to avoid without renaming everything (which becomes impractical). The two stories are very different, but the factions and ideology is becoming essentially one and the same.
Current party: Pragmatic Party (Indrala)
Political alignment: Centre
For: Defensive democracy, globalism, and humanism
TheCollectivist

Postby Polites » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:39 am

TheCollectivist wrote:Do real-life fictional references apply to your own fictional work or is just limited to others? I do try to keep my own fictional work separate from my Particracy content, but recently they have been converging and I feel it will become impossible to avoid without renaming everything (which becomes impractical). The two stories are very different, but the factions and ideology is becoming essentially one and the same.

I guess that depends on whether you are a published author. JK Rowling would not be able to use "Harry Potter" if she were to play Particracy.
Polites

Postby House Spencer » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:06 pm

House Spencer

Postby cm9777 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:35 am

Inactivated (Was inactive for the required period anyway)
cm9777

Postby House Spencer » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:48 pm

http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=34834

Not meaning to be harsh, though I don't mind the party's name being in a made-up language but out of consideration to others shouldn't there be a translation? I mean I couldn't translate this even with the fabled Jelbic dictionary. I think I was playing over a week before I knew what it meant.
House Spencer

Postby lewiselder1 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:40 am

House Spencer wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty.php?partyid=34834

Not meaning to be harsh, though I don't mind the party's name being in a made-up language but out of consideration to others shouldn't there be a translation? I mean I couldn't translate this even with the fabled Jelbic dictionary. I think I was playing over a week before I knew what it meant.

That’s a fair point, since you can’t exactly just google translate it. What does it translate to?
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby Occam » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:44 am

lewiselder1 wrote:
House Spencer wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty.php?partyid=34834

That’s a fair point, since you can’t exactly just google translate it. What does it translate to?

cm9777 wrote:It means Purple Movement in Jelbic.

[Source: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6368&start=150#p137132]

Maybe it would be a good idea to make English translations of party names in the party description mandatory.
Permanently gone.
Occam

PreviousNext

Return to Requests