Requests: Real-Life or Inappropriate Variables [M]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Inappropriate Real-Life/Ridiculous/Offensive Variables

Postby Pragma » Mon May 29, 2017 9:18 pm

Reddy wrote:There's nothing wrong with "George Busch"

'George Bush' was an american president, and the player uses the image of that president in the article. It's pronounced identically. Anna Soubrie is two letters off from the original, that gets a response - but a name which is one letter from the original gets no response? This party has clearly and clinically broken the rules.
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby Reddy » Tue May 30, 2017 4:38 am

QV73 wrote:
Reddy wrote:There's nothing wrong with "George Busch"

'George Bush' was an american president, and the player uses the image of that president in the article.

Believe me I know who "George Bush"" is. "George" however is a very common first name and "Busch" is not "Bush". Using the mage creates and validates the impression that the player seeks to use reallife variables. S/he has been messaged.

QV73 wrote: It's pronounced identically. Anna Soubrie is two letters off from the original, that gets a response - but a name which is one letter from the original gets no response? This party has clearly and clinically broken the rules.

And as I said already, the player was notified about it.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby Corvo Attano » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:38 am

8.2 They appear to be "party sitting". Players who, over a prolonged period (usually meaning a minimum of 3 IG years/6 RL days) are just logging in but not voting on bills or contributing to debates, will be judged to be essentially not playing the game.

Please start playing the game (Role playing and introducing legislature)or I will be made to report you.

Reply by http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=30210

You are such an ass just chill out

This was a friendly reminder to the other guy and he called me an ass because I told him he hasn't voted anything for 3 years straight and if he continues to do that I would be made to to use rule 8.2.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Reddy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Corvo Attano wrote:
8.2 They appear to be "party sitting". Players who, over a prolonged period (usually meaning a minimum of 3 IG years/6 RL days) are just logging in but not voting on bills or contributing to debates, will be judged to be essentially not playing the game.

Please start playing the game (Role playing and introducing legislature)or I will be made to report you.

This was a friendly reminder to the other guy and he called me an ass because I told him he hasn't voted anything for 3 years straight and if he continues to do that I would be made to to use rule 8.2.

I'm sorry about that. Name calling is unacceptable and the issue will be investigated and if found to be so, the player will be confronted and if necessary, penalised for it. In the future though, please report inactivity to Moderation rather than confront the player yourself. I'm sure your intentions were good but you have to let a Moderator call it first. In this case, the player was not yet party-sitting.
Reddy

Postby Corvo Attano » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:01 am

Reddy wrote:
Corvo Attano wrote:

I'm sorry about that. Name calling is unacceptable and the issue will be investigated and if found to be so, the player will be confronted and if necessary, penalised for it. In the future though, please report inactivity to Moderation rather than confront the player yourself. I'm sure your intentions were good but you have to let a Moderator call it first. In this case, the player was not yet party-sitting.

Reddy I have no idea what you sent him but the moment he read it he wrote this to me.

I can't believe you reported me for "name calling", arising directly from your pesky compulsion to find a way to get me banned. You should have better things to do with your life than committing to ruining someone's game experience by getting them banned simply because you dislike them. Please refrain from such assholish behavior in the future and just leave me alone. There's always someone like you to ruin others' fun; it's an online game for god sake, don't be such a Debby Downer (perhaps you'll report that as namecalling, I don't care anymore, you've kind of ruined this game for me).

Also he has great logic(sarcasm) for deducing I want to ban him by telling him that he needs to start RPing or he will get banned. It totally wouldn't have been preferable to not say anything and sneak in a a report ban on him. I ain't helping any other people in this game again truly screw this I will just report everyone.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Reddy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:32 am

Corvo Attano wrote:

Reddy I have no idea what you sent him but the moment he read it he wrote this to me.

I can't believe you reported me for "name calling", arising directly from your pesky compulsion to find a way to get me banned. You should have better things to do with your life than committing to ruining someone's game experience by getting them banned simply because you dislike them. Please refrain from such assholish behavior in the future and just leave me alone. There's always someone like you to ruin others' fun; it's an online game for god sake, don't be such a Debby Downer (perhaps you'll report that as namecalling, I don't care anymore, you've kind of ruined this game for me).

Also he has great logic(sarcasm) for deducing I want to ban him by telling him that he needs to start RPing or he will get banned. It totally wouldn't have been preferable to not say anything and sneak in a a report ban on him. I ain't helping any other people in this game again truly screw this I will just report everyone.

The issue has been investigated and the player has been warned once again (formally this time) and reminded of the need to engage civilly with others whatever differences you might have.
Reddy

Postby toro42 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:58 pm

Isn't he party-sitting by now?
toro42

Postby Reddy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:25 pm

toro42 wrote:Isn't he party-sitting by now?

Who and that's not the thread for reporting inactive parties, it's this one
Reddy

Postby toro42 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:30 pm

Reddy wrote:

Oh, I meant the party that was name-calling. I know it's the wrong thread but thought it'd be relevant since the party was mentioned here very recently.
toro42

Postby Reddy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:33 pm

toro42 wrote:
Reddy wrote:

Oh, I meant the party that was name-calling. I know it's the wrong thread but thought it'd be relevant since the party was mentioned here very recently.

The player is party-sitting now and the party has been inactivated.
Reddy

PreviousNext

Return to Requests