Being Forced Out

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Being Forced Out

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:39 pm

Okay, I'm trying to topple a monarchy in a nation with RP as a civil war or something; the dude that's already there is telling me to leave and play in another nation because he owns that one. I just joined; I asked him to call elections early and he refused (He only allows elections every 72 months).

After we went through several bills, I told him if he calls early elections and:
I get less than 100 seats, I'll leave
I get 101-250 seats, I'll compromise with him and accept a Viceroy system
I get over 250 seats, I'll continue trying to change the nation into a Republic

I won 282 seats, now he's intimidating me through messages. When asked why I don't choose another nation, I told him I want a nation that isn't saturated. He told me to go to Talmoria, and I told him I don't want to, because it's totally empty; I want a nation with at least 1 other party, I just don't want a nation that is saturated. Now he's saying that if I don't leave, he'll invite all his allies to saturate Indrala just to annoy me, because they'll create temporary accounts to spam Indrala.

I know about cultural protocols, but monarchies are often prone to revolution. I thought to myself that if I could get over 250 seats, my fight was valid, since more than 1/3 of the people supported me. The other party no longer has a clear mandate because they have less than 500/750 seats, which means certain bills can't be passed without my "yes" vote along with theirs (bills than need 2/3 of the seats to approve; I'm not talking about common resolutions).
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Re: Being Forced Out

Postby catparty » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:55 am

Just wait until the next election. Why is there a rush to win?
Libertarian Alliance of Cats
Feline Homeland of Barmenia

Progressive Party
Realms of Luthori
catparty

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:05 am

catparty wrote:Just wait until the next election. Why is there a rush to win?

That's not the issue anymore; I won enough seats to be able to comfortably support a Republic. The issue is now being bothered by the player, who keeps whining about keeping the monarchy, saying that toppling it would be violation of cultural protocols.

He says if I keep pushing for a republic, he'll invite his friends from other nations to make new parties to spam Indrala.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby catparty » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:19 pm

Yeah, that's a normal strategy in the game. Monarchists tend to coordinate with other players a lot.

My advice is to ensure that your RPs respect the original culture of the county, and that OOC you make sure to let the monarchist player know that you respect the work he has put into the country. If you are a good, respectful player who focuses on building the republic up rather than just tearing the monarchy down then you have done all that you can.

Good luck!
Libertarian Alliance of Cats
Feline Homeland of Barmenia

Progressive Party
Realms of Luthori
catparty

Postby Eryk » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:16 am

Well, you're not being forced out, you're being intimidated to leave which is something that is very common on particracy. Anyone who is a monarchist has most likely done, I've done it just recently. You have to remember that these are nations which usually have a history behind them. If you want to turn a nation from a monarchy to a republic, that one player that takes care of the monarchy whether it is a one party state or multi party state will voice its concerns that it doesn't want one. The moment you start trying to aggressively pursue a Republic, that's the moment he'll start aggressively defending the monarchy, so I'm not entirely sure are so innocent.

Secondly, you can't expect him to accept your republican ideology and say "Oh, of course - you want a republic then I will certainly take it down for you to satisfy you" - there's a lot more to it and if you have the right roleplay and majority it can be a fun thing to do. However, if you don't have the 2/3 majority you can voice the issue all you want he can stop you no matter what he has said before.
Eryk

Postby Farsun » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:14 pm

I do not believe that the cultural protocols protect a monarchy or republic, merely the actual culture of the nation.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:45 am

Eryk wrote:You have to remember that these are nations which usually have a history behind them.

Hey, conservative guy... I don't "have to" do anything. Use terms wisely or don't speak at all.

Farsun wrote:I do not believe that the cultural protocols protect a monarchy or republic, merely the actual culture of the nation.

Yeah, I clarified that with the mods already (they PM'd me about this thread and we discussed it), but thanks.
Siggon Kristov

Postby LNRulez01 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:44 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:
catparty wrote:Just wait until the next election. Why is there a rush to win?

That's not the issue anymore; I won enough seats to be able to comfortably support a Republic. The issue is now being bothered by the player, who keeps whining about keeping the monarchy, saying that toppling it would be violation of cultural protocols.

He says if I keep pushing for a republic, he'll invite his friends from other nations to make new parties to spam Indrala.

Actually you dont have enough seats to support a republic. Youre party might support a republic, but you need a 2/3 majority to change it constitutionally. As i see it, the people of Indrala have voted, in vast numbers, in favor of the monarchist party. This means, and i know game mechanics dont provide for this, that the fast majority of Indralans are in favor of a monarchy over an republic. All you can do is propose bills and vote on proposed bills so youre visibility goes up and you have a better chance next elections or the elections after that.

Look, i can understand youre frustraion over this, but lighten up dude its only a game. If you dont like it in Indrala, for whatever reason, there are plenty of nations left to pick from. There are enough republican nations (i counted 12 of them) that only have one party in it and are ready for regime change. If that doesnt work for you, youre always welcome in Kafuristan. I would love some opposition:D
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:56 pm

LNRulez01 wrote:Actually you dont have enough seats to support a republic. Youre party might support a republic, but you need a 2/3 majority to change it constitutionally.

I already know the rules, so your comment is almost as irrelevant as the fact that you commented.

My conditions for continuation of a Republican movement were set to 250+ seats because I would have 1/3. I have over 1/3 seats now, which means the DGD has less than 2/3. That means they need my vote to pass certain bills. I already blocked a bill even though he had more seats while voting "yes."
Siggon Kristov

Postby Eryk » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:06 am

Refusing to recognize the past history of a given nation, and what its culture revolves around at the present time just shows your own ignorance and unwillingness to cooperate. The only person who shouldn't be speaking is you. You come here whining to moderation that you are being "forced out" because someone does not agree to your terms and playing style in a given nation. Then you attack the players which are trying to respond and get you to understand why it is happening. If you can't handle it, leave.
Eryk

Next

Return to Archive