Head of State renamed for no apparent reason

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Head of State renamed for no apparent reason

Postby sadperson » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi, for some unknown reason my Head of State (Governor General) in Hutori (Felix Laird) was renamed on the nation overview page as Jonathan Adams? I haven't the faintest clue why that is the case, I wouldn't have chosen that name and had no plans to kill off poor Felix anytime soon. He was destined for greatness
sadperson

Re: Head of State renamed for no apparent reason

Postby Farsun » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:27 pm

sadperson wrote:Hi, for some unknown reason my Head of State (Governor General) in Hutori (Felix Laird) was renamed on the nation overview page as Jonathan Adams? I haven't the faintest clue why that is the case, I wouldn't have chosen that name and had no plans to kill off poor Felix anytime soon. He was destined for greatness

http://classic.particracy.net/viewnews. ... sid=327289

Random event.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby sadperson » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:31 pm

What the hell is a random event? There were never any plans for Alastair Campbell to die?
sadperson

Postby UniSocAll » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:58 pm

The game sometimes kills off head figures, it's something that rarely happens, but it happens. Apart from killing leaders, the game also produces sports champion news, school or mall shooting, bribery and scandal, natural disaster, industrial disaster and bankruptcy and so on.

Also, I've notice you've already wrote an article about it being a hoax. I don't know what the official ruling on these are, but as far as I know, the game system comes first, and perhaps it would be better to follow the game and event. I mean, the leader already got replaced on the nation page, so even the government (game-system) recognised that the HoG died and put up a new one.
[IAN] International Airwaves Network [IAN]
Like Music To Your Ears | Connecting Communities

Alliance of Terran Republics
UniSocAll

Postby sadperson » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:59 pm

well, I'm annoyed that I was never told about this. I was told events happen but not that they kill off leaders.

I intend to ignore it, I find it deeply unfair. I was given no choice or notice in this at all, it's been forced on me. Laird will carry on :P
sadperson

Postby Alaric_the_green » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:26 pm

As long as everybody in the country agrees to RP along with it, it's fine. If somebody contested your interpretation then technically he'd be dead....but they'd also be an annoying person...
Alaric_the_green

Postby UniSocAll » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:46 pm

sadperson wrote:well, I'm annoyed that I was never told about this. I was told events happen but not that they kill off leaders.

I intend to ignore it, I find it deeply unfair. I was given no choice or notice in this at all, it's been forced on me. Laird will carry on :P

Well, it was "forced" on you like elections, and other news events. These events are suppose to be random, it puts a little bit of realism in it (ie. people getting assassinated/killed in real-life rarely gets a fair notice or fair choice)

Instead of ignoring it, people should follow through and create RP out of it, I mean technically the game comes first, so the character would be dead.

Alaric_the_green wrote:As long as everybody in the country agrees to RP along with it, it's fine. If somebody contested your interpretation then technically he'd be dead....but they'd also be an annoying person...

So the entire nation will be ignoring the Head of State on the nation page, and act as if the dead one is the real one, or will there be a new election for the Governor General to take it's rightful place?
[IAN] International Airwaves Network [IAN]
Like Music To Your Ears | Connecting Communities

Alliance of Terran Republics
UniSocAll

Postby Alaric_the_green » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:02 pm

UniSocAll wrote:
Alaric_the_green wrote:As long as everybody in the country agrees to RP along with it, it's fine. If somebody contested your interpretation then technically he'd be dead....but they'd also be an annoying person...

So the entire nation will be ignoring the Head of State on the nation page, and act as if the dead one is the real one, or will there be a new election for the Governor General to take it's rightful place?

We'd just ignore it. This is a character he's taken a lot of time over and tbh I think this game mechanic is silly. It's never happened to me and I've been playing this game since 2006... When the next election comes round we will just allow the same guy to stand again.
Alaric_the_green

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:56 pm

A way to fix this problem is allowing the players to name who should be the successor or deputy head. Jonathan Adams came out of nowhere.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Return to Archive