Multiplayer

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Multiplayer

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:24 am

I've invited a friend to join Particracy. We go to the same school and he sleeps over often, so it's likely we might end up being on the same computer, and using the same internet connection, sometimes.
He was at my house today and he was using my computer to do his other logins.

We don't want to be killed over multi-accounting because of IP matches.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Re: Multiplayer

Postby Urien » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:00 pm

It will be ok so long as both of you are in separate nations.

You will also have to fill out a metagroup form below and send it to me privately.

Name (Real Name):
E-mail:
Nation/Party:
Access Point:
Urien

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:08 pm

I wanted him to join Beluzia, with me :oops:
He's not ALWAYS around me...
It's just that at school, we may end up using the same computer sometimes. At home, he has his.

And I'm not too knowledgable about IP addresses. If we both use the same internet connection (but with different computers), does it register as the same IP?
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Urien » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:I go to a school with over 2000 people, but they used a centralized WiFi connection.
We bring our own laptops.

Why is it wrong for me to be in the same nation as a friend? We don't have the same political views, and it's not cheating because he's a different person. We will use different computers, but on certain days (I'll PM to a mod if necessary) I leave my laptop and use my other friend's (not the friend who may play).

The friend, who may play, borrows the other friend's laptop from time to time, because he leaves his more often than I leave mine. I'm not multi-accounting; I just want a friend to join, but I want to be able to debate WITH him so we have to be in the same nation.
I invited 2 other friends to join, but we never ended up on the same internet connection because we don't see each other often (anymore) anyways. This particular friend is going to be around me. It would suck if he was in a different nation while my other 2 friends were in mine.

I will address this here.

If you and your friend use the same computer and have the same IP 51% of the time, then you would both have to be in separate nations. Regardless, you and all of your friends will have to fill out the metagroup form and send it to me privately. We cannot allow people to have an unfair advantage.

The answer to your questions concerning IP's is yes, they will register as the same.
Urien

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:52 pm

What's Access Point?
I'll fill out the form...
Siggon Kristov

Postby Urien » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:42 pm

An access point is where you usually get online. Some possible examples are "school", "home", etc. It helps us differentiate between IP's.
Urien

Return to Archive