Hurts My Head

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Re: Hurts My Head

Postby Amazeroth » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:02 pm

LukasV wrote:I highly doubt that it's a broken keyboard. No one writes with that kind of a mess, even if a few keys are missing here and there. My guess is that he's already using translate from some non-latin character-based language, and that it's not working well.

That or he suffers from dyslexia
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:14 pm

LukasV wrote:I highly doubt that it's a broken keyboard. No one writes with that kind of a mess, even if a few keys are missing here and there.

I doubt any keys are missing; it seems like a different language.

Amazeroth wrote:That or he suffers from dyslexia

Dyslexia would make it hard for him to read or understand my words, and he should be able to see mistakes in words, even if he's dyslexic. I read over his words, and I can't rearrange them into anything that I can understand.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Amazeroth » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:04 am

Siggon Kristov wrote:
Amazeroth wrote:That or he suffers from dyslexia

Dyslexia would make it hard for him to read or understand my words, and he should be able to see mistakes in words, even if he's dyslexic. I read over his words, and I can't rearrange them into anything that I can understand.

Not necessarily, the dyslexic people I know usually have just that problem - they don't recognise their own mistakes (at least not "in the making" and soon afterwards), and many of them only have trouble writing but not at all reading.
He could suffer from any kind of mental illness though, there are enough that would make your output become scrambled.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby UniSocAll » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:58 am

Not missing keys, just malfunctioning keyboard, typing one letter but on the computer it's another letter. Dyslexia, mental illness, maybe he also needs glasses.

Or perhaps, just maybe, he just types this way.
[IAN] International Airwaves Network [IAN]
Like Music To Your Ears | Connecting Communities

Alliance of Terran Republics
UniSocAll

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:43 pm

If he can understand what I'm saying, and if he can type every letter on the keyboard, he should be able to communicate properly. He's able to login, isn't he?
I'm aware that he has been around for quite a while, and not many players like him. I was told that players left Beluzia because of him. The player, who left Beluzia, told me that another player left the game.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Amazeroth » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:45 pm

Urien wrote:We can't really do much. As Lukas said, maybe introduce him to Google Translate or some other translation website.

Since English is supposed to be the official language of this game, you could maybe talk to this guy and ask him to use it though. Because whatever he's doing, he doesn't write English, at least not in a comprehensible manner.
Amazeroth

Postby LukasV » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:12 am

I looked back to when the guy started out in the game, and he typed in pretty much the same manner. How people understood him then is a mystery to me.

Honestly, it's defs not a broken keyboard. I narrow it down to either severe dyslexia (to the point of losing all written coherence), or a poor character translation from a non-Western language into English. Or a deafeningly incorrect use of spellcheck that messes around with fragments in English words. But that's a less likely scenario.

I know it's a little out of the ordinary, but perhaps Moderation can simply nudge him in the right direction. Or Siggon can try and ask him about his country and language of origin; that information could be quite helpful in determining the problem.
Get All That You Deserve In This World

Free Speech Fundamentalist
Classical Liberal/Libertarian
A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

"You believe you have dominion
So you force your lame opinions on me
And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:18 pm

LukasV wrote:Siggon can try and ask him about his country and language of origin; that information could be quite helpful in determining the problem.

I hate interacting with him; read the title of the thread.
Siggon Kristov

Postby LukasV » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:03 am

Well fuck.

On the plus side, it's finally a sentence that people can understand.

I'm going to try this in a number of different languages, in the hope that one works.

In real life, in which country do you currently live and play this game? What language do you normally speak, when it's not English?

En la vida real, en qué país vive usted actualmente y jugar este juego? ¿Qué idioma habla normalmente, cuando no sea Inglés?

Dans la vraie vie, dans quel pays habitez-vous actuellement et jouer à ce jeu? Quelle langue parlez-vous habituellement, quand ce n'est pas l'anglais?

In het echte leven, niet in welk land je op dit moment leven en spelen dit spel? Welke taal wil je normaal spreken, als het geen Engels?

Im wirklichen Leben wissen, in welchem ​​Land Sie sich gerade leben und spielen dieses Spiel? Welche Sprache sprechen Sie normalerweise, wenn es nicht Englisch?

実際の生活の中で、どの国であなたは、現在住んでいるとこのゲームをプレイするのですか?それは英語ではありませんしたときには、通常、何語を話しますか?

在現實生活中,在哪個國家,你目前的生活和玩這個遊戲嗎?你通常用什麼語言說話的時候,它不是英語?

在现实生活中,在哪个国家,你目前的生活和玩这个游戏吗?你通常用什么语言说话的时候,它不是英语?

실제 생활에서, 어떤 국가에서 현재 거주하고이 게임을합니까? 그것이 영어 없을 때, 보통 어떤 언어를 사용합니까?

В реальной жизни, в какой стране Вы в настоящее время живут и играют в эту игру? На каком языке вы обычно говорите, когда это не английский?

Hopefully he speaks one of these languages.

*Also, I'm not looking for complete grammatical accuracy here. If he can generally decipher what I'm asking, perhaps we can communicate somehow that will allow us to take further steps.
Get All That You Deserve In This World

Free Speech Fundamentalist
Classical Liberal/Libertarian
A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

"You believe you have dominion
So you force your lame opinions on me
And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:01 am

He's in the British Particracy Alliance, and his party is called the toryACN.
He wanted me to name the nation's regions "Shires"
He says Winston Churchill is the best PM the UK ever had.

I think he's just refusing to put effort in his typing.
Broken keyboard? I'm sure that's how he enters his username and password on everything he logs into.
Siggon Kristov

PreviousNext

Return to Archive