Can I start a new country?

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Can I start a new country?

Postby sotearchann » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:31 pm

I was wondering if it be possible to start a new country because that would be fun. Name it and everything.
sotearchann

Re: Can I start a new country?

Postby SelucianCrusader » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:52 pm

No, you have to take over a country for that, by gaining at least 66.6% of the seats in the legislature. (a supermajority) Check for countries with one (or even better, no) party, or at least countries whose parties have limited visibility thanks to hardly doing anything for months. Then check for what politics that country likes. Political views ranking high in "importance", especially if something is considered "vital", are much more important ( :P ) to focus on if you want to gain a supermajority. To rename the country, you have to pass such a bill in the legislature and inform the moderation in the appropriate thread here. If you want to change the root-name of the country, it will probably appear in baskets after the new name. (ie. "Kingdom of sotearchannia (oldname)") Taking over countries like this is generally appreciated by other players as it creates a certain drama, though you have to create a decent back story for it, of course. Good luck! :mrgreen:
SelucianCrusader

Postby LukasV » Fri May 04, 2012 1:44 pm

If you do enough role-playing with your country over a prolonged period of time, you can change the actual root-name eventually, but that requires a very in-depth RP in order to carry it out properly.
Get All That You Deserve In This World

Free Speech Fundamentalist
Classical Liberal/Libertarian
A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

"You believe you have dominion
So you force your lame opinions on me
And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby maxpower » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:58 pm

How do I create a new nation? I was told that it was possible to create a new state but so far it seems to be impossible to happen.
maxpower

Postby catparty » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:59 pm

If you want to create one with a method other than what Selucian Crusader said, you would need to give the game's creator large sums of money. I think that happened with one island country. (Keymon?)
Libertarian Alliance of Cats
Feline Homeland of Barmenia

Progressive Party
Realms of Luthori
catparty

Postby maxpower » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:45 pm

How to do it donating money? I want to do is create a new nation ...
maxpower

Postby Urien » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Unfortunately, due to the coding of the game and the lack of all nations being filled, creating a new nation is impossible at this time.

You may donate money to Particracy by going to the About page and clicking on the PayPal donate button.
Urien

Return to Archive