Username change request

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Username change request

Postby LabourTalmonia » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:57 pm

Is it possible to change my forum username? I made this account for the time when I was playing as a different party,in a different nation. I am now playing as the Democratic Labour Party of Cobura again, and having a username talking about being "LabourTalmonia" is out of date.

Anyhow, is it possible to change my username to DLPCobura, or will I need to delete this account and re-register on the forums?

Thanks
Democratic Labour Party of Cobura
LabourTalmonia

Re: Username change request

Postby Urien » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:42 pm

To my knowledge, you will have to create a new account.
Urien

Postby LabourTalmonia » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:19 pm

Okay, how do I delete my account? And if it is not possible for me to do that, can you please do it for me?

Thank you

:D
LabourTalmonia

Postby zlopado » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:40 am

I don't have forum software set up anymore, but if I remember correctly it is possible both to delete a user and to change that user's name, but only for administrators. Perhaps you could PM Wouter.

P.S. Hi, fellow Coburan!

Edit: I just installed phpBB on my home computer, and I can verify that both are possible from the Administrator Control Panel. Alternatively, if you can, go to the forum's database, go to (assuming default settings) the table phpbb_users, find LabourTalmonia, and change username and username_clean both to "DLPCobura." The latter is probably a very bad idea, though -- I am not an expert in MySQL and changing the username this way might damage something I'm not aware of.

To LabourTalmonia: I am obviously not a moderator, but I would advise you to pick a general username. :)
House Forstev (Liberal Republican Party & People's Great Society of Hope) -- Beluzia
zlopado

Postby Geraint » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:34 pm

Just so the moderators know, I couldn't figure out how to delete my username LabourTalmonia account, so I set it to a different e-mail address, and won't "re-activate" it. If that is okay?
Corporate Industries (Kalopia Division) Inactive
Geraint

Postby Valdštejn » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:38 pm

Sure. As long as you don't use both, no problem.
Valdštejn

Return to Archive