Volunteer Assistance

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Re: Volunteer Assistance

Postby Afrocentric » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:41 pm

But seriously, if I were to become a mod, does that mean I'd have to give up playing the game?

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:42 pm

Afrocentric wrote:But seriously, if I were to become a mod, does that mean I'd have to give up playing the game?

That's what they told Jack.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Afrocentric » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:44 pm

That's stupid.

Afrocentric

Postby SelucianCrusader » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:49 pm

Zanz wrote:Just to throw this out there, since we're playing "Guess-a-Mod," I believe Farsun when he says he turned the offer down; in fact, he told me as much on IRC roughly when they offered a spot to him late at the end of this summer. I also happen to know from his Facebook pictures that Farsun is spending far too much time seducing women in college to have any time to dedicate to being a mod.

(On a semi-related note, he's an ugly bastard, as you might have guessed).
Lol, the typical German. Ugly and kinky, but they still get all the women when they are here (when they are not buying necklaces made out of elk poop which is as traditionally Swedish as a BK plus meal) because unlike us Swedish men they know that when most women tell us to be sensitive and meek they really want us to dominate them hard.

Zanz wrote:I have my suspicions as to who Vlad is, but Rapax is a mystery to me.

Wouldn't it be rich if Siggon is one of them and is just doing this to screw with all of us? I have no idea why he'd do such a thing, but since when has Siggon needed a why?
I'd love if the rumours about Vlad being Polites were true, but I doubt it. Personally, I have suspected you for being Urien, especially since you wrote that long post about my relation to the IML, but a source just laughed at me when I told him about that theory.
SelucianCrusader

Postby Farsun » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:28 pm

SelucianCrusader wrote:
Zanz wrote:Just to throw this out there, since we're playing "Guess-a-Mod," I believe Farsun when he says he turned the offer down; in fact, he told me as much on IRC roughly when they offered a spot to him late at the end of this summer. I also happen to know from his Facebook pictures that Farsun is spending far too much time seducing women in college to have any time to dedicate to being a mod.

Lol, the typical German. Ugly and kinky, but they still get all the women when they are here (when they are not buying necklaces made out of elk poop which is as traditionally Swedish as a BK plus meal) because unlike us Swedish men they know that when most women tell us to be sensitive and meek they really want us to dominate them hard.

lmao that was quite possibly the funniest thing you've ever said.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Zanz » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:38 pm

SelucianCrusader wrote:I'd love if the rumours about Vlad being Polites were true, but I doubt it. Personally, I have suspected you for being Urien, especially since you wrote that long post about my relation to the IML, but a source just laughed at me when I told him about that theory.

I don't remember what post you're referencing exactly, but I can assure you that your source is right: I have never been a moderator.

And if I had, I'd have a cooler mod name than any of these random strings of letters we've seen from our recent moderation staff. Rapax? Someone just wanted to use the letter "x" to be cool... :lol:
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby SelucianCrusader » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:54 am

Farsun wrote:
SelucianCrusader wrote:

lmao that was quite possibly the funniest thing you've ever said.

Thanks, that's quite possible I guess. :D

Zanz wrote:
SelucianCrusader wrote:I'd love if the rumours about Vlad being Polites were true, but I doubt it. Personally, I have suspected you for being Urien, especially since you wrote that long post about my relation to the IML, but a source just laughed at me when I told him about that theory.

I don't remember what post you're referencing exactly, but I can assure you that your source is right: I have never been a moderator.

And if I had, I'd have a cooler mod name than any of these random strings of letters we've seen from our recent moderation staff. Rapax? Someone just wanted to use the letter "x" to be cool... :lol:
I meant this post. It sounded like the work of a mod speaking in a "civilian" manner. :D
SelucianCrusader

Postby Zanz » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:15 am

SelucianCrusader wrote:I meant this post. It sounded like the work of a mod speaking in a "civilian" manner. :D

Ah, yeah, that. No. That's just me being the trademark "elitist" that I am ;)
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Valdštejn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:36 pm

To clear things up - Mods don't need to stop playing the game. I'm not sure who told you that, but it's wrong. In the past, sometimes mods have been asked to step down from powerful positions when big international RPs were going on (like Darvian), but apart from that - and that hasn't happened since then - you'd be able to both keep playing the game and be a mod at the same time.

As for the this proposal, the problem with the idea of volunteer assistance is that in order to perform these functions, you have to have access to all the moderator functions. And, quite frankly, people whom I don't trust to be good full-time mods, I wouldn't trust with these either, because they're easy to use to your advantage.
That's why we don't go for most time online alone when we look for mods, because they need to be people whom we can trust.

Nevertheless, there are certain candidates we will interview as soon as I get back to regular internet access, and I hope we'll have a new mod by the end of the week. Also, most of the people favoured in this thread never handed in an application, the ones that have and show enough inter-personal skills to not immediately antagonise the forum will be interviewed.
Valdštejn

Postby Afrocentric » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:03 pm

Valdštejn wrote:To clear things up - Mods don't need to stop playing the game.

Well if that's the case, I might take throw my hat into the ring.

Afrocentric

PreviousNext

Return to Archive