Election question

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Election question

Postby syzygy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:36 am

How does a nation that hasn't proposed any bills, was on the losing side of various legislative victories, and abstained from numerous bill win a huge chunk of seats in an election? Am I crazy? Or am I missing something?
syzygy

Re: Election question

Postby Farsun » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:44 am

I imagine you mean a party, not a nation. With that, if the player has visibility in the sections which are considered vital or dominant in the political opinions section, they may very well win seats in the coming election. Also, winning or losing bill votes does not really effect anything, though winning does have a more positive effect on visibility, it does not mean that they do not gain visibility.

I hope that answers your questions.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Re: Election question

Postby Dynastia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:10 am

I haven't looked in detail, but I'd guess it's because every other party stepped on each others toes. You, me, the PP and the RCL all have visibility that appeals to the majority of Deltarians, so we're basically stealing each others votes. The SPD pretty much got a free, unopposed shot at the conservative minority (which usually gets you about 40% of the vote when you do it right)
Dynastia

Return to Archive