A question on taking over other player's characters

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

A question on taking over other player's characters

Postby Dynastia » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:00 am

Okay, so we can't do anything to physically affect or force the actions of characters of another player without their permission. But...

1. If I can get bills passed in the relevant countries to disinter the mortal remains of my dead enemies from 500+ years ago and ship them to Deltaria, can I pass a bill to have them cremated, the cremains dissolved in drums of acid, the drums of acid encased in a concrete block, and then the concrete block sunk into the deepest oceanic trench in Terra?

2. If I can get bills passed in the relevant countries to issue one of my characters with the identification/bank accounts/tax file numbers etc. of my contemporary enemies, along with altering the related birth/marriage records, fingerprint records, DNA records etc. so that I can set up an imposter character who has essentially become the "legal" version of that enemy (making them, I suppose, some sort of penniless undocumented nonperson in their own country)? Or at least somebody who's going to have a lot of trouble convincing anyone that he is who he says he is unless they already recognise him.
Dynastia

Re: A question on taking over other player's characters

Postby Valdštejn » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:42 am

Both only with permission of the Character's owner(s). 2 has more restrictions, obviously, because all the parties in that country would have to consent to that RP (not only enough to pass a law).
However, if you get the consent of all the players of that country for scenario 2, you could do the whole thing without consent of the character's owner (provided he's not a player of that country), as long as you make it clear that you're ownly pretending to do whatever you want to with that character, i.e. you make it clear that that's because of indentity theft.
Of course that's also possible with scenario 1, if you settle for doing that to someone who could have been your enemy 500 years ago, and also make that clear.
Valdštejn

Postby Dynastia » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:37 am

For #1, what if the original player is permabanned and not permitted to return to the game or forums?

all the parties in that country would have to consent to that RP (not only enough to pass a law).

Woah, when did this happen? And what else does it apply to? Getting a full nation's-consensus for anything is quite often impossible. Many players, new players especially, don't play the game like that. They ignore all private messages and rp, they don't comment on anything. They just vote occasionally.
Dynastia

Postby Valdštejn » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:12 am

Pax Cynica 5.3.8: A Roleplay is only valid if all players involved consent to it and continue to do so throughout the duration. Once a country has to pass a law for something to happen, all players thre are involved.
Dynastia wrote:For #1, what if the original player is permabanned and not permitted to return to the game or forums?

Then that character can't be used anymore. If it was a vital issue, and the player was permabanned, I could see an exception, but exhuming a 500 year old opponent is not exactly vital.

all the parties in that country would have to consent to that RP (not only enough to pass a law).

Woah, when did this happen? And what else does it apply to? Getting a full nation's-consensus for anything is quite often impossible. Many players, new players especially, don't play the game like that. They ignore all private messages and rp, they don't comment on anything. They just vote occasionally.

Pax Cynica 5.3.8 (6.1.1 for international RP respectively): A Roleplay is only valid if all players involved consent to it and continue to do so throughout the duration. Once a country has to pass a law for something to happen, all players there are involved.
Valdštejn

Return to Archive