Political set-up in Deltaria

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Political set-up in Deltaria

Postby Aquinas » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:53 pm

Recently I joined Deltaria, which has an interesting political set-up; you can read about it here. Basically, the legislature is not elected through direct elections, but through a complicated system that over-represents the nobility and the clergy. This system was in place for some while before I arrived. Personally, I am very happy with it and have no desire to change it. I would, though, appreciate a clarification as to whether it is within the game rules. The reason I am concerned it might appear to be against the game rules is that Deltaria's Veche system for distributing seats doesn't make much sense when you look at the game-generated election result pages (which show milions of voters voting directly for different parties, not small councils of local representatives voting for a small council of national representatives). And "game mechanics come first" etc....
Last edited by Aquinas on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aquinas

Re: Political set-up in Deltaria

Postby TheNewGuy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:16 pm

For the purposes of RP you're allowed to do as you will, but the RP'd legislature has no weight on actual voting in the nation which is still determined by the election-apportioned seats.
I once was full of promise. Oops.
The artist formerly known as Zanz, Troll King, Scourge of Dynastia and Confidant of IdioC
All posts are subject to the intense anal-retentive scrutiny of concerned citizens of the community

Particracy Realism Project
TheNewGuy

Postby Aquinas » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:02 pm

I take it that means we're okay then. Thanks!
Aquinas

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:06 pm

Deltaria could even go further to say that either:

- The councils vote on behalf of the people, so 1 nobleman voting could count as the population of his estate.
- Deltaria has like 300,000,000 people, but only some can vote, because the rest are slaves (not citizens).
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Return to Archive