Communist Party of Barmenia playing unfair?

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Communist Party of Barmenia playing unfair?

Postby Bill_kerman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:53 am

Hi, i'm the Bill_kerman party in Barmenia. I'm mostly new to this site. I like it here but when I went to Barmenia thinking it might be interesting place to be in I get stuck with a guy with unlimited power. I thought we could be good allies who worked together despite our polar opposite views on politics. I was willing to compromise with the guy so we could both do a good job.

So I start with moderate proposals. I try not to push out radical reforms but I try to give reforms that he could view over. However it never seemed he even paid any attention to them and never voted just left it at abstain. I however wasn't too offended because hey, i was just a new guy. It upset me though that every day he is pushing for early elections. Considering he had all of the seats I could not stop them from happening. I decided I could work with that that even if it might take longer than if he actually didn't exploit the system. Still, I was concerned he was ignoring my proposals even though I had around five by that time. So I messaged him to ask if he had seen my proposals.

The next day I get a message saying yes he saw them and he "wont let me undo the great reforms the communist party of Barmenia had passed." That startled me. I had never tried to be aggressive in my proposals. However he went full jerk mode right then and there. Granted I lost my temper a bit there and sent a message back saying that the ussr sucked and failed therefore there was no reason to simulate it in barmenia. That was uncalled for. But I decided "Hey, it looks like we'll have to be enemies but I won't try to cause any further aggravations.

So the day after that I see he proposed a limit on how many proposals someone can post in an ingame year. His new proposal was called "Protecting the Nation" and it proposed that the maximum number of proposals in one year be changed to ONE. Of course he voted for it which means it will pass and the chances of my party ever doing anything more than being ignored are slim. I sent him a message to tell him that he doesn't own the game and should respect me and the other party in barmenia. I'm not sure that will work though he seems to hate me already.

I don't know if this is okay or not but it really is quite unfair. I mean could someone at least not allow that law to pass or something? I like this game and wanted to see this party make a difference in Barmenia but now i'm not sure I can do this. Thanks for reading.
Bill_kerman

Re: Communist Party of Barmenia playing unfair?

Postby Aquinas » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:29 am

I have great sympathy for you over the absurdly low proposal quota that is being proposed, Bill, but what that player is doing is perfectly within the game rules, I'm afraid. I wish things were different - but that's the way they are.

If you are unhappy in Barmenia, you could always move to another nation. Most nations, I assure you, do not have a proposal quota of 1 per year!
Aquinas

Postby PaleRider » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:01 am

This is known! There are many more places that could use an active party! Try Trigunnia, Jelbania, Kalopia, Vanuku or Dorvik! and bring friends!! :D
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby Bill_kerman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:02 pm

Alright, thanks guys. Guess i'll move somewhere else then. Plenty of other places to be.
Bill_kerman

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:26 pm

Bill_kerman wrote:Alright, thanks guys. Guess i'll move somewhere else then. Plenty of other places to be.

Come to the Democratic Republic of Lodamun. Help us to overthrow our Communist Party.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Bill_kerman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:10 am

I may come to latomun. Still before I leave Barmenia i want to get at least one seat in the senate thingy. I want to show the guy he can't push us small guys around and make us leave by playing unfair. Maybe if I do that the next guy who comes around to barmenia will be treated a bit better.
Bill_kerman

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:12 am

Bill_kerman wrote:Still before I leave Barmenia i want to get at least one seat in the senate thingy.

The next election is in 11 days. Are you sure you want to wait that long?
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Bill_kerman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:03 am

Sorry guys, jelbania was totally free so I moved there. However if anyone wants to come by please do. I was thinking having these big policy discussions where everyone can present what they would like in all issues and we could all come to compromises. I think getting everyone involved even if they don't have seats is a way more fun way to play than watching some communist party kill the remaining civil rights in some poor helpless nation.
Bill_kerman

Return to Archive