Number of players in Dranland

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Number of players in Dranland

Postby EgeDoruk » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:28 pm

This is getting ridiculous. We've 12 players. Amazeroth please stop activating Dranish players. We've eight player limit for a reason.
''I never dared to be radical when young
For fear it would make me conservative when old.''
Robert Frost

EgeDoruk

Re: Number of players in Dranland

Postby PaleRider » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:41 pm

EgeDoruk wrote:This is getting ridiculous. We've 12 players. Amazeroth please stop activating Dranish players. We've eight player limit for a reason.

I think I read somewhere that new parties can be created but you cant prevent old parties from being reactivated effectively nullifying the rule for inactive parties? Correct me if I am wrong
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby Aquinas » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:46 pm

EgeDoruk wrote:This is getting ridiculous. We've 12 players. Amazeroth please stop activating Dranish players. We've eight player limit for a reason.

The rules allow players with inactive parties to reactivate, even if there are already 8 or more parties already active in the nation.

I agree with you that Dranland gets congested at times. To be fair, though, you and I both played a role in this. When I joined, I became the 10th party, and when you joined, you became the 11th :).

I've suggested before that Moderation should consider imposing a strict maximum cap of somewhere been 8 and 10 parties active in a nation at any one time. Any player requesting reactivation when the cap is already reached would be requested to wait until a free slot becomes available.

PaleRider wrote:I think I read somewhere that new parties can be created but you cant prevent old parties from being reactivated effectively nullifying the rule for inactive parties? Correct me if I am wrong

Yes, this is correct.
Aquinas

Postby EgeDoruk » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:23 am

I'm willing to inactivate my party if Amazeroth wants to instate this rule.
''I never dared to be radical when young
For fear it would make me conservative when old.''
Robert Frost

EgeDoruk

Postby Amazeroth » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:38 pm

Actually, I'd prefer if the more experienced players would judge themselves if it is a good idea to join a country with 8 or more parties. I'm not saying you should or should not do it, and I think you should mostly do what makes this game fun for you.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby Opakidabar » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:08 pm

I'd say, over 8 parties in nation is totally cool and brings the best memories of battling for votes, creating group voting strategies i.e. I will take the leftist religious path, you this and you that to win the other group.
Opakidabar

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:44 pm

The 8-player limit only applies to new accounts joining a nation.
There was never a limit set on players who want to reactivate, so you're not asking for the 8-player limit to be enforced; you're asking for a new rule to be enforced.

EgeDoruk wrote:I'm willing to inactivate my party if Amazeroth wants to instate this rule.

Who cares?

--

I think it's nice to have a parliamentary democracy where no single player can dominate and coalitions mean everything to gaining power.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby soysauce » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:40 pm

Is there a risk that the game engine might crash with too many players?
soysauce

Postby PaleRider » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:32 pm

soysauce wrote:Is there a risk that the game engine might crash with too many players?

I would hope that would be the case if say Dranland went third world and has like 30 parties if everybody reactivated their parties....tho the game would probably collapse if everyone who had a party activated them across Terra, excluding people with multiple parties.
I would support higher limit- keep 8 for the cut off for new parties and maybe 15 for reactivation since even in Dranland ive never seen more than 10-12 parties.
I would also support maybe permanently deleting very old parties. Its controversial I know but perhaps after say like 5 years a party account could be deleted.
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby SelucianCrusader » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:20 pm

If you see that as ridiculous, then why did you reactivate? :P

I think that the diversity of Dranland adds something to PT. In fact, I guess that Dranland come closest to how Wouter intended this game to be played.
SelucianCrusader

Next

Return to Archive