Settling the Botched War with Luthori

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Settling the Botched War with Luthori

Postby PaleRider » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:40 pm

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5540

It is time to resolve this bit of business. Because of the players in charge were unwilling to finish the war and actively participate for whatever reason I ask for the following settlement, which can be implemented retroactively so as not to disrupt current time flow.
-Vascania and Squibble (excepting Rildanor's piece of Squibble) are Zardic territory
-Luthori's Dovani colonies are divided appropriately between Indrala and Deltaria
-Luthori's navy and army are devastated from a series of defeats, especially from poor command decisions

We can work out the details of what happened but this seems like fair settlement.
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Re: Settling the Botched War with Luthori

Postby SelucianCrusader » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:57 pm

PaleRider wrote:http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5540

It is time to resolve this bit of business. Because of the players in charge were unwilling to finish the war and actively participate for whatever reason I ask for the following settlement, which can be implemented retroactively so as not to disrupt current time flow.
-Vascania and Squibble (excepting Rildanor's piece of Squibble) are Zardic territory
-Luthori's Dovani colonies are divided appropriately between Indrala and Deltaria
-Luthori's navy and army are devastated from a series of defeats, especially from poor command decisions

We can work out the details of what happened but this seems like fair settlement.

Absolutely. While I would prefer if Indrala would get a larger bait, this is probably an agreement we can all settle on. The reckless Luthori colonial empire has been tolerated for far to long.
SelucianCrusader

Postby PaleRider » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:44 pm

Since there is no objection Zardugal hereby is now legitimate owner of Vascania and Squibble and Indrala and Deltaria shall retroactively split the Luthori Dovani holding
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby SelucianCrusader » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:01 pm

PaleRider wrote:Since there is no objection Zardugal hereby is now legitimate owner of Vascania and Squibble and Indrala and Deltaria shall retroactively split the Luthori Dovani holding

While I would love if this was the case, the rules don't work like that. You need to get a supermajority in the Luthori legislature to recognize them as such. That's what "nation raids" are for.
SelucianCrusader

Postby Fred » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:53 pm

PaleRider: Sorry I haven't updated the thread. RL got in the way. In my defence, however, you made no effort to contact me, and the thread had been inactive for nearly a month at the point I attempted to put some resolution into play. Needless to say I entirely reject the resolution you propose here.
Fred

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:36 am

I have to agree with Fred on this one. The RP was never finished, nor was an outcome agreed upon.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby SelucianCrusader » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:35 am

Fred is of course correct on the matter at hand. Rules are rules, and we need to respect them, not the least for our own sake. I'd like to stress that, in the same way as some of us Dranlanders sometimes need to remind ourselves that Dranland is not a first-world country, Zardic players might need to remind themselves that Zardugal is not an US-style superpower. In matter of fact, the only nation closest to a superpower has been Indrala for a long now, since the decline of Gadurious (OOC: JBN the great leaving) and the end of the Hulstian Empire (OOC: Bean's ridiculous ragequit). Not only would it be against the rules for colonial transfer for Zardugal to act as a superpower, conquering continent after continent, it would also be unrealistic.

With that said, I'd love if moderation would one day intervene to break up Luthori's unjustified colonial empire and share pieces of it with other nations.
SelucianCrusader

Postby EEL123 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:03 am

To digress, how did Luthori amass its huge empire in the first place? And more on topic, I don't think that it should be broken up, as much it may appear unfair. Realistic RP would dictate that it has to be broken up in the course of RP.

Secondly, as for the settlement proposed by Pale, I think that it's a bit excessive. You can't just snatch and grab, even if the other guy wasn't active. Plus, it'd be unrealistic. Remember that Zardugal was thoroughly trounced in at least one war that I can directly remember, and it's clearly not, as others have pointed out, the almighty superpower of Terra.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby EEL123 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:06 am

And if you will permit me one more point, I reckon that, more broadly, there are issues with colonial transfers. Why the hell does it require unanimous consent? That's utterly unrealistic. The government should be able to decide whether or not to sell off/give away colonies (unless the country has some IC legislation stipulating a different procedure), as would be the case IRL. Frankly, even that would be a concession to whininess, if you will, in cases of war, where, IRL, no consent at all would be required. If you start an RP, especially a military RP, you accept the consequences, which includes the ones you don't like, which includes having enemy troops swarming all over your colonies.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:29 am

EEL I agree with you 100%. However, since RP has to be agreed upon by all parties involved, that is just how things are, according to Moderation.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Next

Return to Archive