Changing the Rules for War RP

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Re: Changing the Rules for War RP

Postby Corvo Attano » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:00 am

Farsun wrote:Again, I've been trying to do this with OTAF but people never give it acceptance because it is just that, unbiased and nonobjective. I've spoken with Amaz and when I polish the finished product he'll review it.

Everything you've been discussing is literally OTAF.

OTAF?
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Farsun » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:05 pm

Corvo Attano wrote:
Farsun wrote:Again, I've been trying to do this with OTAF but people never give it acceptance because it is just that, unbiased and nonobjective. I've spoken with Amaz and when I polish the finished product he'll review it.

OTAF?

Organization of Terran Armed Forces. When I first came to the game, it was every country having nuclear powered supercarriers and billion man armies that were deployable anywhere in the world. The first iteration of OTAF came with assigning countries as "progenitor" nations such as Dundorf for German military equipment, Trigunia for Russian military equipment and such. The second, third and fourth editions all increased their scope and what they meant to do.

This current version that even when I left the game due to personal reasons (school, work and such) I kept working on and have developed a pretty solid guide for the game. Granted, a lot of it is based off acceptance and understanding that your country isn't the United States or Russia, but nevertheless it factors in things that'll help players understand where they are ranked military as well as on a political power scale throughout the world.

As for military RP, it makes provisions for what are called Operators (which are responsible for helping run military RP in their countries) and Regional Inspectors (who are responsible for helping run military RP on their continents) but otherwise I cannot, nor can anyone, tell anyone how to "RP". Thats a personal writing style.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Corvo Attano » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:11 pm

Farsun wrote:
Corvo Attano wrote:

OTAF?

Organization of Terran Armed Forces. When I first came to the game, it was every country having nuclear powered supercarriers and billion man armies that were deployable anywhere in the world. The first iteration of OTAF came with assigning countries as "progenitor" nations such as Dundorf for German military equipment, Trigunia for Russian military equipment and such. The second, third and fourth editions all increased their scope and what they meant to do.

This current version that even when I left the game due to personal reasons (school, work and such) I kept working on and have developed a pretty solid guide for the game. Granted, a lot of it is based off acceptance and understanding that your country isn't the United States or Russia, but nevertheless it factors in things that'll help players understand where they are ranked military as well as on a political power scale throughout the world.

As for military RP, it makes provisions for what are called Operators (which are responsible for helping run military RP in their countries) and Regional Inspectors (who are responsible for helping run military RP on their continents) but otherwise I cannot, nor can anyone, tell anyone how to "RP". Thats a personal writing style.

You do know anyone can copy some elses equipment right?Like china did to russia or poland or ukraine or south korea and japan.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Farsun » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:14 pm

Indeed, and I made many provisions for that. For instance, Valruzia is the game's "Poland" so to speak and they have the right to produce Polish-made equipment, much of which was Soviet-made at the time and if that isn't what you're speaking about, please explain.
Farsun

Postby Corvo Attano » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:29 pm

Farsun wrote:Indeed, and I made many provisions for that. For instance, Valruzia is the game's "Poland" so to speak and they have the right to produce Polish-made equipment, much of which was Soviet-made at the time and if that isn't what you're speaking about, please explain.

Trigunia for example owns most russian equipment.

Whats stopping me from making a cool new name like poland did for my T 72 and producing them here without saying that Trigunia owns the design license?
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Farsun » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Corvo Attano wrote:
Farsun wrote:Indeed, and I made many provisions for that. For instance, Valruzia is the game's "Poland" so to speak and they have the right to produce Polish-made equipment, much of which was Soviet-made at the time and if that isn't what you're speaking about, please explain.

Whats stopping me from making a cool new name like poland did for my T 72 and producing them here without saying that Trigunia owns the design license?

I assumed that is what you meant, but I wanted to be sure. That would be allowed because while it is basically the T-72 tank it is a locally produced version of it and a realistic local production. For instance, Deltaria could claim the Yugoslavian variation of the T-72 tank because they are the progenitor nation of the Balkan nations equipment. If there isn't a locally produced variant then you cannot just make one up with permission because we have no benchmark to compare it against.

http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Intern ... Commission

Which will be discussed in this current (I believe I have it fifth) edition of OTAF will be an OOC and IC organization which is responsible for handling arms deals between nations. It'll be an archive of information for what nations buy, sell, have and what their upkeep will be. It's part of OTAF OOCly but ICly is separate so it can be RP'd with.
Farsun

Postby Corvo Attano » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:52 pm

Farsun wrote:
Corvo Attano wrote:

I assumed that is what you meant, but I wanted to be sure. That would be allowed because while it is basically the T-72 tank it is a locally produced version of it and a realistic local production. For instance, Deltaria could claim the Yugoslavian variation of the T-72 tank because they are the progenitor nation of the Balkan nations equipment. If there isn't a locally produced variant then you cannot just make one up with permission because we have no benchmark to compare it against.

http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Intern ... Commission

Which will be discussed in this current (I believe I have it fifth) edition of OTAF will be an OOC and IC organization which is responsible for handling arms deals between nations. It'll be an archive of information for what nations buy, sell, have and what their upkeep will be. It's part of OTAF OOCly but ICly is separate so it can be RP'd with.

So me using russian equipment in Malivia is breach of the treaty?
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Farsun » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:54 pm

Not necessarily, Malivia was one of the first nations to adopt a Indian style culture, therefore you'd have first pick at using Indian style equipment and eventually Malivia became the progenitor nation for Indian equipment. What that means, is that you can produce and export Indian equipment. OTAF doesn't stop any nation that doesn't have set equipment from using other equipment from other nations, nor does it really stop nations who have locally produced equipment from using other nations; it just tries to entice those with locally produced equipment to use their own because its cheaper and makes more sense realistically.

Do you get what I'm putting down? :lol:
Farsun

Postby Corvo Attano » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:01 pm

Farsun wrote:Not necessarily, Malivia was one of the first nations to adopt a Indian style culture, therefore you'd have first pick at using Indian style equipment and eventually Malivia became the progenitor nation for Indian equipment. What that means, is that you can produce and export Indian equipment. OTAF doesn't stop any nation that doesn't have set equipment from using other equipment from other nations, nor does it really stop nations who have locally produced equipment from using other nations; it just tries to entice those with locally produced equipment to use their own because its cheaper and makes more sense realistically.

Do you get what I'm putting down? :lol:

Yes finally I fucking understand.

You need to work to make a paragraph explaining this to people and have it in a folder for situations like this.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby PaleRider » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:25 am

I say get rid of most of the Rildanor Accords. They really are meaningless and more of a hassle than they are worth.
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

PreviousNext

Return to Archive