Changing the Rules for War RP

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Re: Changing the Rules for War RP

Postby MarkWill » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:41 am

I believe it's appropriate to ask if Amazeroth is currently the only moderator (has there only been one?). By "technology czar", is that some second-tier moderator position you're proposing? An objective, non-player who oversees basically everything (but in this case, war RP)? I wonder how that would work. I think it would help if new players were made aware of the Rildanor Accords first. I fell victim to ignorance and I hope new players don't follow the same path.
Turdidae, formerly Mark3, Mark2, MarkWill

Union Party (Aloria)
Vorona Conservative Party
Union Canrillaise (Baltusia)
Parti Conservateur d'Alduria
United Luthori - active
Nouveau Centre (Rildanor)
MarkWill

Postby TheNewGuy » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:42 am

MarkWill wrote:I believe it's appropriate to ask if Amazeroth is currently the only moderator (has there only been one?)

Oh, dear, you're very new.

WHEN DID I GET OLD?!
I once was full of promise. Oops.
The artist formerly known as Zanz, Troll King, Scourge of Dynastia and Confidant of IdioC
All posts are subject to the intense anal-retentive scrutiny of concerned citizens of the community

Particracy Realism Project
TheNewGuy

Postby MarkWill » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:49 am

I first played Particracy in early 2014 but was barely involved with the forum and wiki. I then quit for a while and came back last November. So yes, I'm relatively new. I know that Amazeroth is currently the only moderator (I haven't seen anyone else), but perhaps I should've restated my question as, "has there always been only one moderator?" I'm doing my best to understand the lingo in this community, and I appreciate the work that many people have thus far put into this great project, exceptionally Wouter. I hope to contribute if I can, but for now, I'm still quite the new bird.

Union Party (Aloria)
United Luthori - active
MarkWill

Postby TheNewGuy » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:51 am

MarkWill wrote:I first played Particracy in early 2014 but was barely involved with the forum and wiki. I then quit for a while and came back last November. So yes, I'm relatively new. I know that Amazeroth is currently the only moderator (I haven't seen anyone else), but perhaps I should've restated my question as, "has there always been only one moderator?" I'm doing my best to understand the lingo in this community, and I appreciate the work that many people have thus far put into this great project, exceptionally Wouter. I hope to contribute if I can, but for now, I'm still quite the new bird.

Sorry, I didn't mean the "you're new" thing to come off as rude, and it might have, looking back.

Anyway, THERE WERE GOOD OL' DAYS and don't let anyone tell you any nonsense about my betrayal of service and corruption, they're lying D:<
I once was full of promise. Oops.
The artist formerly known as Zanz, Troll King, Scourge of Dynastia and Confidant of IdioC
All posts are subject to the intense anal-retentive scrutiny of concerned citizens of the community

Particracy Realism Project
TheNewGuy

Postby MarkWill » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:57 am

TheNewGuy wrote:
MarkWill wrote:I first played Particracy in early 2014 but was barely involved with the forum and wiki. I then quit for a while and came back last November. So yes, I'm relatively new. I know that Amazeroth is currently the only moderator (I haven't seen anyone else), but perhaps I should've restated my question as, "has there always been only one moderator?" I'm doing my best to understand the lingo in this community, and I appreciate the work that many people have thus far put into this great project, exceptionally Wouter. I hope to contribute if I can, but for now, I'm still quite the new bird.

Sorry, I didn't mean the "you're new" thing to come off as rude, and it might have, looking back.

Anyway, THERE WERE GOOD OL' DAYS and don't let anyone tell you any nonsense about my betrayal of service and corruption, they're lying D:<

Oh no, I didn't take it as rude at all. I probably should've introduced myself better considering I'm now implicated in the recent RP issue which has really just turned into a big mess.

Union Party (Aloria)
United Luthori - active
MarkWill

Postby PaleRider » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:10 am

Afrocentric wrote:I think we need a committee of 3 technology czars that will oversee RPs to ensure players don't create outlandish militaries and I say that because Amaz can't always be here to moderate between our OOC bitching and IC bullshit. Perhaps, it's up to a player driven group to police the technologies and actions taken by players to help them understand that their nation isn't America or the British Empire circa 1800. It's unrealistic for Vorona or Sekowo to have US-style technology or Army's that rival the Chinese in terms of manpower. Likewise, it's not possible for Rutania to make bombing runs on Dorvik (whose military is more powerful than ours) and not face any retaliation.

Is this how you all want to RP from now on? I shudder to think what will happen if we carry this "MY ARMAY IZ NUMBA 1!!!!" mindset over to P3.

I've long been working around PT to try and introduce more consistent military realism and if you look at the military protocols I go around creating in nations I visit I work to incorporate RL military relations along with how powerful they are based off recent RP. I've recently helped Sekowo write up what I think is a fairly accurate military outline of their armed forces.
We all need to do a lot more ironing out how militarizes are structured, what we want them based off, and how effective and powerful they are based off prior RP. Who knows? Maybe after 50 years of solid governance and sensible policies we could see Vorona turn into a power and Rutania turn into a pauper state? All depends on the flow of RP. I've long been working on the foreign policy front as well to prevent the rise of any one global hegemon in Terra. My most recent Concert of Terra Project is designed in part to solidify the notion that there should not be one single all powerful nation in Terra. Terra should be a collection of major regional powers who compete with one another and shape events in their respective regions.
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby Afrocentric » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:55 am

MarkWill wrote:I believe it's appropriate to ask if Amazeroth is currently the only moderator (has there only been one?). By "technology czar", is that some second-tier moderator position you're proposing? An objective, non-player who oversees basically everything (but in this case, war RP)? I wonder how that would work. I think it would help if new players were made aware of the Rildanor Accords first. I fell victim to ignorance and I hope new players don't follow the same path.

I'm thinking of three active players who are able to put aside their biases for the greater good of the game in order to form a so called "neighborhood watch" for war RP and military standards.

While these wouldn't be formal mods, they'd monitor everyone's behavior in an RP to ensure it doesn't violate the rules, they'd help diffuse OOC bitching and if need be, offer solutions to appease everyone, they would create standards for war RP and the military (like the OTAF). Naturally, Amaz would have the final say in regards to any and all penalties to those caught violating the rules.

It's basically a community-driven effort at policing ourselves.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby PaleRider » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:09 am

Afrocentric wrote:
MarkWill wrote:I believe it's appropriate to ask if Amazeroth is currently the only moderator (has there only been one?). By "technology czar", is that some second-tier moderator position you're proposing? An objective, non-player who oversees basically everything (but in this case, war RP)? I wonder how that would work. I think it would help if new players were made aware of the Rildanor Accords first. I fell victim to ignorance and I hope new players don't follow the same path.

I'm thinking of three active players who are able to put aside their biases for the greater good of the game in order to form a so called "neighborhood watch" for war RP and military standards.

While these wouldn't be formal mods, they'd monitor everyone's behavior in an RP to ensure it doesn't violate the rules, they'd help diffuse OOC bitching and if need be, offer solutions to appease everyone, they would create standards for war RP and the military (like the OTAF). Naturally, Amaz would have the final say in regards to any and all penalties to those caught violating the rules.

It's basically a community-driven effort at policing ourselves.

I'd volunteer but we should try and avoid anything too technical. Just lay out the broad parameters of acceptable action. The only thing I support making damn near impossible to happen is the use of nuclear weapons. Total consensus should be demanded on that.
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby Corvo Attano » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:40 pm

There are people like that in NSG.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Farsun » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:20 pm

Again, I've been trying to do this with OTAF but people never give it acceptance because it is just that, unbiased and nonobjective. I've spoken with Amaz and when I polish the finished product he'll review it.

Everything you've been discussing is literally OTAF.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

PreviousNext

Return to Archive