Changing the Rules for War RP

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Re: Changing the Rules for War RP

Postby Farsun » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:16 am

You're arguing a system that has been tried and failed, hence the Rildanor Accords. You act all high and mighty yet you are one of the players who constantly god-mods and power-plays. Your whole motivation behind this is that you cannot stand the fact that Zardugal is not the United States and cannot just roll over any country that opposes it. Many of the wars that you have participated in have ended poorly, yes, including ones that I and many other veteran players have been involved in because of the aforementioned problems with role-play. I've role-played probably a lot longer than most people on this site and this site is beyond atrocious when it comes to egos and the ability to do something for the community. Pale, you want your stamp on the game. That's all I've ever seen from you, you want what you want and everyone else who opposes that is a complete and total moron according to your world.

I am sick and tired of you running around and acting like god's gift to Particracy, honestly, shut the fuck up. You want to change the rules? Come up with some. Stop sitting there and being vague, we all know the game is broken. No shit, we've played it that way since 2005 when the game came out. You need to take a step back, stop acting like a 14 year old girl whose fighting with her parents about her cell phone and act like a god-damn man. Prepare a solution to the problem, if people like it, hell we roll with it. I've asked you numerous times to be involved in OTAF and you've either outright refused or ignored me, people have actually bought into OTAF if you haven't noticed because I haven't shove shit down their throat like you have. Its a neutral system that is developed based off of the RP that happens and is actually realistic. Prior to me having to deal with real-life and slowing down my work with the new edition of OTAF, Zardugal was one of the "Global Powers" because I took into account your RP of the country.

I'm sick and tired of you and other elements of this community road-blocking progress because you don't want to hop onto other players idea because somehow you can create the same thing underneath your own banner. It's dumb, its ignorant and its childish. Act like a god damn man. For what its worth, I offered you the olive branch and you smacked it away. You are part of the problem, not the solution. If you haven't noticed veteran players in the community treat you like a pariah because you precisely that, your god damn ego pisses people off and I'm far from the only one who believes that. Jesus.

So, in short, you can either join with me and work with me to build OTAF and make military RP and military RP systems credible in this game or you can continue to be a fuckboy and bitch and moan and never provide any accurate or intelligent solutions to our problems.

Have a lovely day.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby PaleRider » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:00 am

you cannot stand the fact that Zardugal is not the United States and cannot just roll over any country that opposes it.

So that's why I've willingly lost 4 wars (and won only a small one against Jakania) in my time here. I'm totally miffed that Zardugal is not the US. Nice try

Many of the wars that you have participated in have ended poorly, yes

Already admitted as much

including ones that I and many other veteran players have been involved in because of the aforementioned problems with role-play. I've role-played probably a lot longer than most people on this site and this site is beyond atrocious when it comes to egos and the ability to do something for the community. Pale, you want your stamp on the game. That's all I've ever seen from you, you want what you want and everyone else who opposes that is a complete and total moron according to your world.

So I'm an egoistical maniac because I don't recognize how much longer you've spent here, and why that automatically makes you most qualified to lead here?

I am sick and tired of you running around and acting like god's gift to Particracy, honestly, shut the fuck up. You want to change the rules? Come up with some. Stop sitting there and being vague, we all know the game is broken. No shit, we've played it that way since 2005 when the game came out. You need to take a step back, stop acting like a 14 year old girl whose fighting with her parents about her cell phone and act like a god-damn man. Prepare a solution to the problem, if people like it, hell we roll with it. I've asked you numerous times to be involved in OTAF and you've either outright refused or ignored me, people have actually bought into OTAF if you haven't noticed because I haven't shove shit down their throat like you have. Its a neutral system that is developed based off of the RP that happens and is actually realistic. Prior to me having to deal with real-life and slowing down my work with the new edition of OTAF, Zardugal was one of the "Global Powers" because I took into account your RP of the country.

I'm sick and tired of you and other elements of this community road-blocking progress because you don't want to hop onto other players idea because somehow you can create the same thing underneath your own banner. It's dumb, its ignorant and its childish. Act like a god damn man. For what its worth, I offered you the olive branch and you smacked it away. You are part of the problem, not the solution. If you haven't noticed veteran players in the community treat you like a pariah because you precisely that, your god damn ego pisses people off and I'm far from the only one who believes that. Jesus.

So, in short, you can either join with me and work with me to build OTAF and make military RP and military RP systems credible in this game or you can continue to be a fuckboy and bitch and moan and never provide any accurate or intelligent solutions to our problems.

Have a lovely day.

I dont want to be part of OTAF. Asking me endless times to be apart of OTAF, when i have already said no, doesnt I dont support an all encompassing system designed to regulate RP. You accuse me of acting like God's gift PT (even though i clearly am) yet you turn around and say how your efforts are all the better for the game, that b/c youve been here longer, you know better? Hell, i offer mostly low key help through messages, I dont go running around to nations posting on their feeds like some official bureaucrat Mr Inspector General. The whole reason your having this temper tantrum is because of the fact that my lacking a deeply intricate proposal is somehow linked to me not having good enough ideas. We dont need more rules or systems. We just need to let up and let it be. If you cant respect that difference, im not willing to be part of your OTAF.

If you haven't noticed veteran players in the community treat you like a pariah because you precisely that, your god damn ego pisses people off and I'm far from the only one who believes that. Jesus.

And on this, so this is why Reddy, and Liu and Kubrick to name a few dont RP or interact with me. Please tell me what "older" players dont wanna RP with me and cant stand my "ego?"
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby Afrocentric » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:42 am

The problem with your idea Pale is that it creates a system that can and will be abused by players, especially the veterans, who may be inclined to lead newer players down the wrong road for their personal gain (s). You claim we should be able to "trust" people as we are all mature adults, but here's the thing; we aren't mature enough to handle being given free reign to pretty much RP our military as we see fit. If we go off of "active RP" as you suggest, doesn't that then disenfranchise a few nations which have historically been seen as military powers? Luthori comes to mind as does Indrala and Deltaria. How do you quantify "active RP" anyway? Does it mean participation in a war, a set # of postings in your newspaper every RL month? If you can't define what you mean, then maybe it's not a good idea to propose it in the first place.

Also, why can't you help build good communication skills and quality RP with the accords in place? Nothing is stopping anybody from conducting a quality RP or working out the details OOCly at all. People don't do it because they either don't give a shit, are noobs or they think they can skirt the rules all together. Your proposed plan would remove that stipulation, leading to more OOC bitching and moaning.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby PaleRider » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:00 am

Afrocentric wrote:The problem with your idea Pale is that it creates a system that can and will be abused by players, especially the veterans, who may be inclined to lead newer players down the wrong road for their personal gain (s).

Is the current system any different?

You claim we should be able to "trust" people as we are all mature adults, but here's the thing; we aren't mature enough to handle being given free reign to pretty much RP our military as we see fit. If we go off of "active RP" as you suggest, doesn't that then disenfranchise a few nations which have historically been seen as military powers? Luthori comes to mind as does Indrala and Deltaria. How do you quantify "active RP" anyway? Does it mean participation in a war, a set # of postings in your newspaper every RL month? If you can't define what you mean, then maybe it's not a good idea to propose it in the first place.

I think we can be reasonable and mature adults here if we are given the opportunity. How many times have we ripped each other apart over debates regarding changing the system? Perhaps it's because we are trying to get this system down but since we are all trying to please everyone we end up pleasing no one.
Regarding active RP, I would simply say look at news posts from the past week or so. There should be a consistent and reliable posting about internal developments along with supporting moves in game. Thus me posting about developing in game versions of the F-35 should be mirrored in something like higher defense budgets or a stated aim for more R&D for my country. It's not that hard. Now if the player in Likatonia (and I mean no offense with this) comes out and says he has stealth bombers and ICBM's then its time say "Time out. Where's the supporting RP or in game developments for this?" If that question can't be answered easily, then there is a problem.

Also, why can't you help build good communication skills and quality RP with the accords in place? Nothing is stopping anybody from conducting a quality RP or working out the details OOCly at all. People don't do it because they either don't give a shit, are noobs or they think they can skirt the rules all together. Your proposed plan would remove that stipulation, leading to more OOC bitching and moaning.

These accords dont stop the "noobs" though and regarding the military size portion, its restricting. Being able to work with only 600,000 troops for army, navy and air force is a taxing numbers game, never mind that since every country in Terra has the same population (except Keymon and Vorona I think) its quite boring and not a lot of wiggle room.If i crash my defense budget to say 10 million ZAR's im either gonna have an armed forces doing bake sales and pillaging to stay afloat or I'll have something akin to a volunteer militia. It only leads to more bitching and moaning when people aren't willing to compromise or admit they are in the wrong.
Ultimately I'm skeptical and non-supportive of any new system. I say junk the military size restrictions, simplify the rules for declaring war (my proposal on this is, absent an agreement from the players of the country, the default setting is majority approval in the national legislature and approval by the head of government and/or head of state party) and simply let people be. Its the one option we really haven't tried yet and since we are such a small community of regular players here it could work.

NOW...if by some miracle we get to NationStates level of activity, then we should revisit the topic about more strict rules and regulations but as things stand now, we can do with a skeleton, deregulated system.
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby Batman337 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:26 am

I agree with Pale since there aren't allot of people who RP it maybe better to get rid of the military size and the rules for war should be decreased.
Independent Consul Party- Inactive

Voronan National People's Party- Inactive

Reformist Party- Inactive

HNHP- Active
Batman337

Previous

Return to Archive