Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Particracy's "Random Facts"

Postby SelucianCrusader » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:00 pm

SSLU wrote:
Aquinas wrote:What do you think of this for the Random Fact...

The grey space in the east is filled with many unplayable post-colonial countries. They can no longer be reoccupied, but they are still there and offer an interesting dynamic to role-play.

Seems good to me, I guess that Dankukin propaganda can be put into another fact. ;)

I second this. Great news Aquinas! :)

Random Fact: "Jezvraljogadsrlji" means "Social" in the Jelbic languages.
SelucianCrusader

Postby Aquinas » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:15 am

SelucianCrusader wrote:Random Fact: "Jezvraljogadsrlji" means "Social" in the Jelbic languages.

I must confess I've never really gotten my head around Particracy's invented languages, but they are one of our unique features and we should definitely showcase them. By "Jelbic languages" am I right in thinking you mean Jelbek, Brmek, Pntek and Wrnukék (the one in Vanuku)?
Aquinas

Postby SelucianCrusader » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:41 am

Aquinas wrote:
SelucianCrusader wrote:Random Fact: "Jezvraljogadsrlji" means "Social" in the Jelbic languages.

I must confess I've never really gotten my head around Particracy's invented languages, but they are one of our unique features and we should definitely showcase them. By "Jelbic languages" am I right in thinking you mean Jelbek, Brmek, Pntek and Wrnukék (the one in Vanuku)?
Yup, those are the Jelbic languages. :)
SelucianCrusader

Postby Aquinas » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:31 pm

The random facts listed below have been added. Watch out for them appearing at the bottom of your game screen.

And please keep feeding us your ideas for new ones!

Hundreds of vessels were lost while traversing the cold waters of the Sea of Lost Souls. It is located between Seleya and Majatra.

In Particracy players are only allowed to play as one party at a time. Want to swap nations? Inactivate your current party and make a new one! Want to return? Request Moderation to reactivate your party on the forum!

To see what other nations are up to and to actively involve yourself in international activities: check the Roleplaying section on the forum! Don't be shy to make a news post about your party's recent achievements.

The grey space in the east is filled with many unplayable post-colonial countries. They can no longer be reoccupied, but they are still there and offer an interesting dynamic to role-play.

"Jezvraljogadsrlji" means "Social" in the Jelbic languages.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:22 pm

I think these could be considered:

Jelbic = "Group of cultures with an overall Central Asian/Eurasian steppe theme, using a fictional language developed specifically for Particracy".

Credit to Polites.

"Dorvik is a nation with German and old Prussian cultures, it is very northern with a cold climate and has a long history as a military nation.

Credit to Kubrick.
Aquinas

Postby Kubrick » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:06 pm

To add to the whole nation business. Majatran bias included.

Dorvik is a nation based on Germanic and old Prussian cultures, it is located on the far north of Artania, making it an almost arctic nation.

Selucia is Particracy's modern take on Ancient Rome, located on the continent of Majatra.

Cildania is Particracy's modern take on Carthage but with a Middle-Eastern twist, like Lebanon and Syria. Cildania is located on the continent of Majatra.

Vanuku is a bilingual nation, divided between the Dutch and a group of the Jelbic peoples. Vanuku is located on the continent of Majatra.

Zardugal is a nation based on the old Byzantine Empire, with a modern twist and the Esperanto language. Zardugal is located on the continent of Majatra.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Aquinas » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:33 pm

Excellent, Kubrick! Keep them coming!
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:06 am

I have updated the original post to include a list of all the current "Random Facts". This list will be updated as facts are removed, amended and added. You will notice that some of these do not relate to Particracy. Once we have enough Particracy-related facts, we plan to phase these out.
Aquinas

Postby Polites » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:49 am

For anyone who remembers SLAVKO!, I figure a good IC random fact would be cool:

SLAVKO! SAYS: Deltara is bestest nation.
Polites

Postby Aquinas » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:49 pm

I'm personally quite fond of a line in Deltaria Nova/Vorona's Cultural Protocols bill, which I think may have been originally drafted by you, Polites:

Deltaria has traditionally been a stereotypical genocidal Eastern European shithole, and Vorona, while less Eastern European, has been no less of a shithole.

Mind you, I'm not sure I could guarantee future Deltaria and Deltaria Nova/Vorona players would appreciate that line appearing at the bottom of their game screen!
Aquinas

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback