Speedy Bills

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Speedy Bills

Postby Borntoru » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:46 am

I was wondering if a button could be added which allowed you to edit how long a bill could be voted on. So rather than waiting 1 In game year for my bill to be passed, it might take 6 In game months instead. This would be usefull, as smaller parties would be able to raise their profile and would have better chances as getting voted into office.
Borntoru

Re: Speedy Bills

Postby Aquinas » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:33 pm

Coding work on Particracy classic has ceased, so it is unlikely we will see such a button added. I will advise you, though, that if you're a new party in a nation, it is a good idea to propose and vote on as many Articles as you can. That way you raise your Visibility levels and increase your chance of performing well at the next election.
Aquinas

Postby Arizal1 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:30 pm

Aquinas wrote:[...] I will advise you, though, that if you're a new party in a nation, it is a good idea to propose and vote on as many Articles as you can. That way you raise your Visibility levels and increase your chance of performing well at the next election.

I know it is not much related, but I wonder if "proposing" a bill has any different effect than voting for a bill. I mean by that : do we have a public opinion bonus if we present a bill or has it no effect, and the only thing which influence the voters is whether we vote for or against a bill (or abstain)?
The Social-Liberal Caucus (Ibutho) (Inactive) (Particracy Classic)
Demokrat Konservativen Partei (DKP) (Narikaton and Darnussia) (Particracy Classic)
The Federalistische Partij (Laaglanden) (Particracy Dev)
Arizal1

Postby Aquinas » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:58 pm

Arizal1 wrote:
Aquinas wrote:[...] I will advise you, though, that if you're a new party in a nation, it is a good idea to propose and vote on as many Articles as you can. That way you raise your Visibility levels and increase your chance of performing well at the next election.

I know it is not much related, but I wonder if "proposing" a bill has any different effect than voting for a bill. I mean by that : do we have a public opinion bonus if we present a bill or has it no effect, and the only thing which influence the voters is whether we vote for or against a bill (or abstain)?

The full details of the algorithm which determines election results are known only by the game's creator, Wouter Lievens. However, I can share with you a few of Particracy's Random Facts that I believe have been there since the beginning and were written by Wouter himself:

The voters enjoy active parties who take upon themselves the initiative to create laws.

Voters have an extra appreciation for bills that actually get passed, so if you want to maximally take profit from your votes, make sure you compromise with others.

The people in your nation don't like inactive parties. When you often abstain from voting for a bill, they will dislike your party and your visibility to the electorate will decrease significantly. Low visibility will means you are likely to lose seats. So keep in mind: voting Yes or No is always better than Abstaining.

The influence a bill has on elections decreases over time, until it eventually is no longer relevant. This can explain shifts in your party's position to the electorate and your visibility.
Aquinas

Return to Archive