Some questions about claims

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Some questions about claims

Postby albatrosinus » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:28 pm

In Mikuni-Hulstria, there is a lot of debate about a lot of houses claiming some stuff.

I. Perhaps the most RP debated and controversial issue, but the less controversial in terms of game mechanics, the Rothingren-Traugotts' claim on the Throne of Mikuni-Hulstria. There should be no problem with that, because the Rothingren-Traugotts used to hold what used to be known as Greater Hulstria only a century ago.

II. Another claim (but nobody cares about it), is my claim over the lands of Beluzia and Rutania. In fact, I've been roleplaying as the House that formerly ruled over the island of Bailon, and once held the lands of Beluzia under personal union. However, this house was purely invented by Beluz players when Beluzia was seeking to join the Culturally Protected nations.

III. Finally, a claim accepted by all players but probably the most controversial in terms of game mechanics, is the Claim made by the Imperial House (Yukio-Labsburg) on Mikuni's former territories, including our former colonies that had been set free.

So, from a moderator's point of view, which ones are legitimate and which ones aren't?
Who are you and why are you watching this?
albatrosinus

Re: Some questions about claims

Postby Farsun » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:28 pm

They are RP claims, they don't matter in theory, as long as players give them RP backing. Moderation doesn't necessarily have anything to say with this if I remember correctly.

You can't claim colonies, because they don't exist.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Re: Some questions about claims

Postby Aquinas » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:11 pm

As Farsun says, the claims of royal houses are a RP matter, and so Moderation steers well clear of getting involved there.

The colonies have been ruled to be "independent countries without players, and can only be interacted with in a manner that would not be considered godmodding if it was applied to interaction with another country". Therefore, whilst a royal house might perhaps claim a right to the throne of a former colony, it could not push that claim to practical effect.
Aquinas

Return to Archive