Cultural Protocol Violation Reports

In-Game and Forum requests and complaints.

Cultural Protocol Violation Reports

Postby Aquinas » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:18 pm

This thread is for reporting violations of the rules surrounding Cultural Protocols. In particular, please bear in mind the rules below.

a. Whilst hundreds of other languages are present, English is the official language of Particracy, as a result, all users should be able to communicate to a reasonable standard in English.

i. All public communications such as bill descriptions, party descriptions etc. should be written in English. Or be accompanies by a full English translation.
ii. Party names, constitutional titles and other similar variables may be in a non-English language appropriate to a nation's culture.
iii. Users should not be discriminated against due to poor English, however, Moderation should be notified when poor English has resulted in a communications break-down.

b. Swearing and bad language is not forbidden, as long as it does not become extreme or a personal attack on a certain player or group.

c. Spamming (sending the same message/creating multiple bills with similar names or variables) is forbidden both in game, on the forums and on the official Particracy Discord Server.

e. Using or referencing a real-life character, figure, nation, place, religion, organisation, nationality or another Real-Life variable in Particracy is strictly forbidden unless it is mentioned out-of-character.
i. This also applies to Real-Life fictional references (for example Cinderella, Narnia or Lightsabers)

<------->

m. A nation can determine its culture using Cultural Protocols. These documents describe in detail the cultural (ie. ethnic, religious, linguistic….) makeup of each nation. If a nation has a Cultural Protocol it means it is "Culturally Protected" and bound by this section of the rules, whilst others are "Culturally Open" and are not. The Cultural Protocols Index should be consulted for more information about the cultural situation of each nation.
Aquinas

Re: Cultural Protocol Violation Reports

Postby NoaIdema » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:50 am

Last edited by NoaIdema on Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nation: Likatonia
NoaIdema

Postby Aquinas » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:02 pm

NoaIdema wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty.php?partyid=25682

The character names of this user do not comply with the Cultural Protocols.

Messaged.
Aquinas

Postby NoaIdema » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:41 pm

Last edited by NoaIdema on Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NoaIdema

Postby Aquinas » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:46 am

NoaIdema wrote:The character names of this user do not comply with the Cultural Protocols.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=25710

I've not noticed inappropriate character naming, but I've sent the player a general welcome message telling them about the Cultural Protocols, the character naming requirements and a few other things.
Aquinas

Postby NoaIdema » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:24 am

NoaIdema

Postby Govenor12 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:04 am

http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=25649

This player is using non-yeudi names.
Brace yourself for the Solentian Rebirth
Govenor12

Postby Aquinas » Tue May 03, 2016 11:11 am

Govenor12 wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty.php?partyid=25649

This player is using non-yeudi names.

They look like a reasonable enough set of character names to me, although admittedly I am no expert on Jewish names, so I welcome any second opinions on that.

Just to clarify the Game Rules on character naming in Culturally Protected nations:

6.4 Character names and especially Head of State, Head of Government and Cabinet minister names must be appropriate for the cultural background of the nation.

Please remember it is the responsibility of players to ensure the candidate boxes on their Party Overview screens are filled in with appropriate names. If a player is allotted seats in a Cabinet bill and has not filled in names for the relevant candidate position, then the program will automatically fill in the positions with names which might not necessarily be appropriate for the Cultural Protocol.

Whilst a few character names may be permitted to come from small cultural minorities, the broad spread of a party's character names should be plausibly realistic. Exceptions to this will only be granted at Moderation's discretion and where a very strong case has been presented.

6.4.1 In nations where English is present as an in-game culture, but not the majority, English character names must not be too disproportionately prevalent. For example, if 10% of the population are English, English characters should not make up half of a party's Cabinet ministers or list of candidates. Exceptions to this will only be granted at Moderation's discretion and where a very strong case has been presented.
Aquinas

Postby Govenor12 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:22 am

As Beiteynu is real life israel, this his highly unlikely as most immigration to israel was german or russian and not american. Moreover these names would then be not suitable for Lourenne,as it is french leaning. The same name for two states can surely be not appropriate.This can surely be not in line with the rules. On either side there has to be a violation.
By the way, if you look on the caibinet there is a minister named "Leo Trotzky". This can surely be not in line with the rules, either.
Last edited by Govenor12 on Tue May 03, 2016 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brace yourself for the Solentian Rebirth
Govenor12

Postby Aquinas » Tue May 03, 2016 11:40 am

So far as I am able to establish at the moment, silya's spread of character names is reasonably in compliance with the Game Rules and Beiteynu's Cultural Protocols. Although as I said, I am no expert on Yeudi/Jewish names, so I am willing to take account of any second opinions on that.

The player has been messaged about the "Leon Trotzky" issue, since I accept that seems to go against the spirit of section 5 of the Game Rules.
Aquinas

Next

Return to Game Moderation