Inactivation and visibility

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Re: Inactivation and visibility

Postby Mr.Yankees » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:13 pm

George S.K wrote:Let's use the example of a real life party going inactive. For instance, the Republicans. For some particracy-weird-really imaginative reason the Republican Party goes inactive and vanishes officially from the political stage. Maybe its members are still alive, or dead after a civil war, who knows. But let's say that after a few years the Republican Party re-emerges into politics under different leadership but apparently with the same goals and objectives, ideas, morals, etc. People still remember who the Republicans were and apparently are.

In particracy, if you reactivate and still have strong visibility but follow a different political path, like the Republicans going hardcore communist, then you'll lose voters anyway, since you'll mix everything and mess things up. If you stay the way you are, once a liberal, always a liberal and the like, people then remember you and remember your work and legislative proposals and vote for you like the last time.

When you reactivate a party with structured visibilities, with that meaning not zero, it doesn't mean you get to have somewhat the same seats or voters supporting you. There are plenty of factors influencing your legislative path, factors which I shall not mention here since understanding those factors means you are more close to success. Sit with the proper teacher and you'll learn.

You make a pretty good argument, George. I am impressed.

Conallcernach wrote:"I was wondering if going inactive should also reset the visibility of a party to zero"

It's subtle, but it's there. This is a suggestion.

Yes, I know it was there but putting it under the moderation section made me think it was more of a question. You should have put it under the General Discussions Section.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Re: Inactivation and visibility

Postby AngryMollusc » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:53 am

AdJeCtIv3 wrote:Besides, an old party re-activating in a treaty-locked country is always an interesting wildcard. I'd hate to see this implemented for this reason, as well as the reasons George has outlined above.

This, pretty much. There has to be some way to beat treatylocks, besides a small window every hundred or so years :P
AngryMollusc

Previous

Return to Archive