Zardic Civil War

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Zardic Civil War

Postby Oakwood » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:33 pm

Oakwood

Re: Zardic Civil War

Postby Aquinas » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:43 pm

I'm not quite clear what Game Rules you might think are being broken or what kind of intervention from Moderation you might be hoping for, but from my initial investigation into this, I do not see any immediate need for Moderation to get involved.

I note there was a civil war role-play concerning Zardugal, and that this seems to have resulted in a Barmenian occupation. The role-play seems to have begun on February 19th (real -life time) and to have largely fizzled out by the end of the month, with the last post (by you) appearing on March 10th. You seemed to suggest players in Zardugal stopped contributing. Your own party in Barmenia was inactivated for inactivity on March 19th, so presumably you have been away from gameplay for a period too.

The OOC bill you linked involves Zardugal players discussing a civil war RP, but it does not amount to a RP Event bill, as defined in section 23 of the Game Rules. So there is no formal OOC (out-of-character) agreement for Moderation to enforce here.

Your best prospects for continuing/reviving the RP rest with negotiating with Zardugal's players, but you should probably be realistic/reasonable about the fact that a period of time (over 3 weeks) has passed since Zardugal players were involved in this RP. So far as I can see, the Zardugal players are free to either resume the RP (re: Zardugal being occupied by Barmenia etc.) or to simply presume this has been resolved and Zardugal is now back to normal.
Aquinas

Postby Oakwood » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:13 am

I understand I was away for a while, but that was largely due to confusion on the part of the Zardic players ( specifically one I have been attempting to have earnest negotiation with) regarding the end of the war and their subsequent backtracking.

My question is; would the occupation stand, considering I am still here to participate? Or considering one of the party's is no longer present do we have to go back to the negotiation table? Because due to the RP agreed upon by the original members of the Zardic government IG, the result would lead to the occupied empire presented in the map.
Oakwood

Postby Aquinas » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:55 am

If this line of RP has any future, it is ultimately going to be determined by the players of Barmenia and Zardugal, not by Moderation. My advice would be to talk to the Zardugal players and see whether it is possible to come to an arrangement about bringing the RP you began to a satisfying conclusion. But if that is not possible, then ultimately you need to respect their right to presume the situation has resolved itself and Zardugal is now back to normal.
Aquinas

Postby Mikhail_Bakunin » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:25 am

I was not aware of the "ending" of the RP until now, and I was under the impression that after the collapse of the "Imperial State" the war was over and Barmenia withdrew.
Mikhail_Bakunin

Postby Oakwood » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:32 am

Incorrect; the governmental ministers and members of the 'Congress of Skaraj' fled to Belgae shortly before its fall at the hands of the Barmenian military. Following their departure, the Emperor Calixtus (Barmenia's King Christopher) merely set up court in Hesperio. I have adjusted things so as to allow the democrats to have Belgae (the Emperor did say they would get 'nothing but ashes'....and the army did demolish the city) and Kostandian Bay in line with Pale's rping. The map provided is the present condition of the nation following a presumed ceasefire.
Oakwood

Postby Generalissimo1 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:47 pm

As before, we would continue the RP. It will be pointless unless other Zardic players contribute, however.
Generalissimo1

Return to Archive