A question about nation name changing

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

A question about nation name changing

Postby DeathGhost » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:41 pm

Hello!
I have one question:
Is it allowed to change the name of nation cardinally? Like to something 100% different

Thanks for the answers :)
DeathGhost

Re: A question about nation name changing

Postby Aquinas » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:44 pm

DeathGhost wrote:Hello!
I have one question:
Is it allowed to change the name of nation cardinally? Like to something 100% different

Thanks for the answers :)

See section 11 of the Game Rules. There is a requirement for the nation's core name to be included, and in Culturally Protected nations, there are requirements in terms of the language the title can be presented in.
Aquinas

Postby DeathGhost » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:54 pm

I read these rules and found one interesting part:
These core names, or a modest alteration of them, should be included in any nation title proposal, even if it is only in brackets.

So if I understand correctly, you can name country like this: "Laukstuva Republic [Former Telamon]" or Laukstuva Republic [Telamon]". Or am I mistaken?
DeathGhost

Postby Reddy » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:08 pm

DeathGhost wrote:I read these rules and found one interesting part:
These core names, or a modest alteration of them, should be included in any nation title proposal, even if it is only in brackets.

So if I understand correctly, you can name country like this: "Laukstuva Republic [Former Telamon]" or Laukstuva Republic [Telamon]". Or am I mistaken?

Yes, you can name your country that way.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby ebarrantes » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:22 pm

Could you change name of Jakania from "Al-Saltanat Al-Jakaniya"(Sultanate of Jakania) to "jumhuriat Jakaniya" Republic of Jakania
ebarrantes

Postby Reddy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:05 pm

ebarrantes wrote:Could you change name of Jakania from "Al-Saltanat Al-Jakaniya"(Sultanate of Jakania) to "jumhuriat Jakaniya" Republic of Jakania

Hi. In order to change your country's name, you need to pass a bill with two thirds support from your country's legislature. After you have passed, you should post a link here - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4361 and Moderation will then change it.

You are advised to read through our Nation Renaming Guide first before changing your country's name.
Reddy

Postby ebarrantes » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:51 pm

Reddy wrote:
ebarrantes wrote:Could you change name of Jakania from "Al-Saltanat Al-Jakaniya"(Sultanate of Jakania) to "jumhuriat Jakaniya" Republic of Jakania

Hi. In order to change your country's name, you need to pass a bill with two thirds support from your country's legislature. After you have passed, you should post a link here - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4361 and Moderation will then change it.

You are advised to read through our Nation Renaming Guide first before changing your country's name.

I don't think it's quite necessary to pass the bill because I'm the only one party in the country.
ebarrantes

Postby ebarrantes » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:00 pm

ebarrantes wrote:
Reddy wrote:

I don't think it's quite necessary to pass the bill because I'm the only one party in the country.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=495587 Here, you have the link. ;)
ebarrantes

Postby Reddy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:13 pm

ebarrantes wrote:I don't think it's quite necessary to pass the bill because I'm the only one party in the country.
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=495587 Here, you have the link. ;)

It is necessary because renamings are considered a matter of public interest (since countries unlike parties don't belong to one player and other players outside the country may have a legitimate interest in the country's name and its cultural propriety etc) so there has to be proof for everyone to see that the renaming was done according to the normal process. You ought to post it after it passes and on that thread there - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4361 (after it passes) otherwise you risk having it pushed back to the back pages by subsequent requests from others and thus missed by accident. Moderation can't process a request before the bill passes.
Reddy

Return to Archive