Clarification regarding Nation Cultures

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

Clarification regarding Nation Cultures

Postby zaboron » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:29 pm

Hello, I have some concerns regarding my RP.

I have been one of the very first players of Wantuni and enjoyed a lot of time RPing in the early days of Particracy. Recently I felt a bit nostalgic and decided to return (that was around 2-3 months ago). I reactivated my Account in Wantuni which at that point was basically empty. A few parties showed up every now and then but got inactive quite quickly every time. I decided to continue RPing Wantuni in the spirit of those fond memories I had and all those great exchanges which unfortunately by now are lost in the old forum :(

Unfortunately recently I have received several messages from players that are unhappy with my way of RPing. They claim it runs contrary to their style of Wantuni and they are upset. I could totally understand that if they were playing in Wantuni, but they are part of a completely different country. Now their messages begin to border on harassment and I am questioning if I was right in my doing. Upon my return, I studied the game rules carefully, and Wantuni was (and still is) a Culturally Open Nation with basically nonexisting RP before my return. I looked at the most recent country messages and bills passed before my reactivation and absolutely nothing was going on. Therefore I believed it was ok for me to continue rping Wantuni as I knew, and re-establish the old cultural vision for Wantuni.

I believe I followed the game's rules, and if you deactivate your party and leave a country, you should no longer have the right to veto any of the cultural developments in that country. Am I wrong here?
zaboron

Re: Clarification regarding Nation Cultures

Postby Reddy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:13 am

Hello and welcome back,

I'm sorry to hear that you have faced such a hostile reaction to your RPing in Wantuni. Your RP's very unconventional (but that's part of the longstanding Particracy tradition of non-conformity) It's understandable that some former players would feel unhappy about this and they are can express their views to you in a civil manner. They can even roleplay opposition to your reforms. OOC-wise however, they have to take care how they express their opposition to your RP and reforms. They are not allowed to harass you in any way over this. If you would like to have this investigated further, you can ask Moderation to investigate your claims of harassment, sending links to the proof via pm ingame here http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=15185 or on here on the forum, just send a pm to me (Reddy)
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Re: Clarification regarding Nation Cultures

Postby zaboron » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:27 pm

Thanks a lot for your feedback Reddy, it's very much appreciated and hepful.
Apart from some comments that seemed to clearly be targeted ooc it was still all ok I guess and the person seems to have lost interest so it is fine.
zaboron

Return to Archive