Requests: RP Laws [RPC]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: RP Law Query Thread

Postby Reddy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:46 pm

House Spencer wrote:
Anybody anywhere anytime can query any RP law there is no law against that is there? I am intrested in RP laws because of what was done to me in Jelbania.

Hey you raised the question of the Deltarian players. I was following your lead. :lol:

House Spencer wrote:Question 1: Are players meant to delete RPLaw ref bills when the RP Laws therein are still or could still be valid?

Deleting the bill makes all questions on its validity unnecessary or at the very least, very straightforward. If the RP law's not referenced, it's automatically invalid. I did that to save Moderation (and everyone else) time from attending to another tirade.

House Spencer wrote:Question 2: Can a RP Law be struck down just by the player who made the RPLaw ref bill deleting it?

No ref bill, no valid RP law.

i.To create an RP law you must: clearly label it as an RP Law, pass it through your nation's legislature with either a simple majority of seats if it is a regular law or a ⅔ majority of seats if it is a constitutional law and reference it clearly in your nation’s “Bills under debate” section. To query a new RP law’s legality a user should post on the RP Law Query Thread.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby House Spencer » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:00 pm

Reddy wrote:
House Spencer wrote:
Anybody anywhere anytime can query any RP law there is no law against that is there? I am intrested in RP laws because of what was done to me in Jelbania.

Hey you raised the question of the Deltarian players. I was following your lead. :lol:

House Spencer wrote:Question 1: Are players meant to delete RPLaw ref bills when the RP Laws therein are still or could still be valid?

Deleting the bill makes all questions on its validity unnecessary or at the very least, very straightforward. If the RP law's not referenced, it's automatically invalid. I did that to save Moderation (and everyone else) time from attending to another tirade.

House Spencer wrote:Question 2: Can a RP Law be struck down just by the player who made the RPLaw ref bill deleting it?

i.To create an RP law you must: clearly label it as an RP Law, pass it through your nation's legislature with either a simple majority of seats if it is a regular law or a ⅔ majority of seats if it is a constitutional law and reference it clearly in your nation’s “Bills under debate” section. To query a new RP law’s legality a user should post on the RP Law Query Thread.

Im not making a "tirade" only person doing that here is you.

I disagree that the player who made the RPLaw ref bill should have sole power to make all those RP Laws invalid just by deleting that bill. Specially when hes not even in that nation anymore.

IMHO the Mods need to make some things clearer
House Spencer

Postby Reddy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:06 pm

House Spencer wrote:Im not making a "tirade" only person doing that here is you.

:lol: right I'm the one who went all out and dug up RP laws in a country I'm not playing in to start a tirade.

House Spencer wrote:I disagree that the player who made the RPLaw ref bill should have sole power to make all those RP Laws invalid just by deleting that bill. Specially when hes not even in that nation anymore.

I created the bill. I can do whatever I like with it. What part of that is especially difficult to understand or accept? Of course the current and future players are free to create another reference bill and reference my old RP laws. I presume that would make them fit for another tirade.
Reddy

Postby Occam » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:10 pm

Reddy wrote:
House Spencer wrote:

This is so fucked up, you could write an essay about it. But since you obviously have no respect for rules whatsoever it'd be pointless. So I'll just point out two things.
1. To create an RP-Law you have to reference it. The rules say nothing about keeping it referenced (obviously that would make sense, but the rules don't say it).
2. If RP laws are invalid as soon as they are no longer referenced, Spencer was right all along. After all the RP law references were deleted by Moderation. If it doesn't matter whether that decision was correct, that was the end of the Jelbanian RP.
Obviously, all of this is based on the rules, so it may not be relevant.
Permanently gone.
Occam

Postby Reddy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:16 pm

Occam wrote:This is so fucked up, you could write an essay about it. But since you obviously have no respect for rules whatsoever it'd be pointless. So I'll just point out two things.

That's a silly personal attack. Not being a textualist doesn't mean I don't care about the rules. Textualism's not the only method of interpretation. Simple logic here shows that if the reference's not there, there's no way of determining when it was done or if it was done when the bills were created. I could have created that reference bill two hours ago for all you know :lol:
Reddy

Postby Aquinas » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:24 pm

FYI the previous edition of the Game Rules laid out these conditions related to RP laws:

22.5 It is the collective responsibility of the players in a nation to ensure all currently binding RP laws are clearly outlined in an OOC reference bill in the "Bills under debate" section of the nation page. Confusion should not be created by displaying only some of the current RP laws or displaying RP laws which are no longer current.

22.6 Players who disagree over issues surrounding which RP laws are current and how the RP laws are presented in the "Bills under debate" section should first try to resolve their differences amongst themselves and, if appropriate, with their Nationmaster. If that fails, Moderation should be approached for a ruling.

22.7 Players who deliberately attempt to present a misleading picture of the nation's current RP laws will be subject to sanction.

22.8 In cases where players have failed to clearly and accurately reference their nation's RP laws in the "Bills under debate" section, Moderation will rule them invalid if a challenge is made to their validity.

22.9 In cases where players introduce RP laws to a nation and then leave, Moderation reserves the discretion to declare the RP laws void if they appear to have fallen into disuse. In particular, please bear in mind that a player who is inexperienced with Particracy role-play and has joined a nation as the only party there should not generally be expected to abide by RP laws implemented by previous players who have been and left.
Aquinas

Postby House Spencer » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:42 pm

Reddy wrote:
Occam wrote:This is so fucked up, you could write an essay about it. But since you obviously have no respect for rules whatsoever it'd be pointless. So I'll just point out two things.

That's a silly personal attack. Not being a textualist doesn't mean I don't care about the rules. Textualism's not the only method of interpretation. Simple logic here shows that if the reference's not there, there's no way of determining when it was done or if it was done when the bills were created. I could have created that reference bill two hours ago for all you know :lol:

No its not a personal attack. Hes just saying its fucked up which TBF it is.

The guy who maintains the RPLaw ref bill shouldnt have the authority to delete the bill & make all those RP laws imediately invalid. Thats commonsense surely?

But lets hear what the Moderation has to say.
House Spencer

Postby Reddy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:53 pm

House Spencer wrote:No its not a personal attack. Hes just saying its fucked up which TBF it is.

He said I have no respect for the rules presumably due to my rejection of textualism. That's a personal attack, only true if textualism is the only valid method of interpreting the rules. No Moderation Team to my knowledge has ever applied textualism as rigidly as he seems to think it should be.

House Spencer wrote:The guy who maintains the RPLaw ref bill shouldnt have the authority to delete the bill & make all those RP laws imediately invalid. Thats commonsense surely?

But lets hear what the Moderation has to say.

There's no authority involved, it's simply a technicality. I created those laws, I didn't just "maintain" them. But you are right, let's hear what Mods say on it.
Reddy

Postby Occam » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:58 pm

Reddy wrote:He said I have no respect for the rules presumably due to my rejection of textualism. That's a silly and illogical personal attack.

Reddy wrote:I've removed the reference bill. I don't care if they are valid or not.

Translation: "I don't care about the rules".
Permanently gone.
Occam

Postby Reddy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:01 pm

Occam wrote:
Reddy wrote:He said I have no respect for the rules presumably due to my rejection of textualism. That's a silly and illogical personal attack.

Reddy wrote:I've removed the reference bill. I don't care if they are valid or not.

Translation: "I don't care about the rules".

Or a statement of opinion. It simply shows that I'm not defending them. Mods have authority over the game, they can rule them valid or not. I simply expressed my lack of care either way. I'm not the one who makes the decision.
Reddy

PreviousNext

Return to Requests