Requests: General [A]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Moderation Queries and Feedback

Postby Aquinas » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:20 am

jellybean wrote:I suggest that Rogue's creation of the Deltarian-hosted Balgrad Conference is inappropriate given his significant involvement in the Malivian event through his primary account in Narikaton & Darnussia. If this conference is allowed, then he will be participating in the RP through two nations.

I feel this too, but as nothing will be done about the whole situation, I'm just trying to carry on being Malivia and work with the situation as best I can in the circumstances.
Aquinas

Postby ChitinKal » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:50 am

jellybean wrote:I suggest that Rogue's creation of the Deltarian-hosted Balgrad Conference is inappropriate given his significant involvement in the Malivian event through his primary account in Narikaton & Darnussia. If this conference is allowed, then he will be participating in the RP through two nations.

Vesica and I will take a look at the situation and discuss it when we get the chance
RP Controller of Liore
Fronto de Aŭgustana Vekiĝo (Zardugal) (Inactive) link
Mare Unitu (Keymon) (Inactive) link
Ár Náisiún (Kirlawa) (Inactive) link
National Conservative Party (Kalistan) (Inactive) link
ChitinKal

Postby Appalachia » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:43 am

Could Moderation please unban the Edmund account from the forum? Thank you.
Appalachia

Postby colonelvesica » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:12 pm

Appalachia wrote:Could Moderation please unban the Edmund account from the forum? Thank you.

The account is officially unbanned
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Edmund » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:02 pm

Just making sure: would it be allowed to call Particracy's equivalent of the Orange Order the Orange Order? I know it's a real-life organisation and all, but I think there's enough IC justification for the two to have the same name (used to be back when it was still active, as well as recent use seemingly without issue by a game moderator). The ruling dynasty of Luthori (who gave their name to the region) used to be the Orange-Villayns (and all the subsequent ones have claimed descent from them), and the first Luthorian monarch within game history was William of Orange (itself a real-life rule violation, but so long ago that like 'Fort William' I think it's been grandfathered in).
Edmund

Postby ReformedEndralon » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:30 pm

ReformedEndralon

Postby ChitinKal » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:11 pm

Edmund wrote:Just making sure: would it be allowed to call Particracy's equivalent of the Orange Order the Orange Order? I know it's a real-life organisation and all, but I think there's enough IC justification for the two to have the same name (used to be back when it was still active, as well as recent use seemingly without issue by a game moderator). The ruling dynasty of Luthori (who gave their name to the region) used to be the Orange-Villayns (and all the subsequent ones have claimed descent from them), and the first Luthorian monarch within game history was William of Orange (itself a real-life rule violation, but so long ago that like 'Fort William' I think it's been grandfathered in).

Vesica and I will discuss this quickly and get back to you
RP Controller of Liore
Fronto de Aŭgustana Vekiĝo (Zardugal) (Inactive) link
Mare Unitu (Keymon) (Inactive) link
Ár Náisiún (Kirlawa) (Inactive) link
National Conservative Party (Kalistan) (Inactive) link
ChitinKal

Postby Aquinas » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:13 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8544&p=172697#p172674

colonelvesica wrote:Any complaints you have about plagiarism or Moderation's enforcement of it I would advise you to direct them to the appropriate thread as it has nothing to do with feedback of the Dynamic Rankings themselves, unless you feel that the collective Yingdalan community was all guilty of jrandle's choices to plagiarize the Treaties that he did, and for the cases of plagiarism he was guilty of a month ago, which were taken care of.

I would like to appeal to Chitin to reconsider Vesica's decision not to allow discussion in the rankings thread about the signals Moderation's rankings decisions can send out in terms of how plagiarism is perceived within this community.

This is not a question of whether or not one is concerned, as I genuinely am, that promoting a nation to a premier position in the rankings when its primary international RPer has just been found guilty of plagiarism is sending out the wrong signal. I accept some others may have, for their own reasons, sincerely come to a different position on that. Nor is it anything personal to do with Jack or any of the Yingdala players, since on my part at least, this is about a point of principle. What this is about is whether Moderation is even going to allow the discussion to take place at all, within the rankings thread, where it most relevantly belongs, given the context that a rankings discussion is taking place right now.

Thank you for reading.
Aquinas

Postby colonelvesica » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:37 pm

Aquinas wrote:http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8544&p=172697#p172674

colonelvesica wrote:Any complaints you have about plagiarism or Moderation's enforcement of it I would advise you to direct them to the appropriate thread as it has nothing to do with feedback of the Dynamic Rankings themselves, unless you feel that the collective Yingdalan community was all guilty of jrandle's choices to plagiarize the Treaties that he did, and for the cases of plagiarism he was guilty of a month ago, which were taken care of.

I would like to appeal to Chitin to reconsider Vesica's decision not to allow discussion in the rankings thread about the signals Moderation's rankings decisions can send out in terms of how plagiarism is perceived within this community.

This is not a question of whether or not one is concerned, as I genuinely am, that promoting a nation to a premier position in the rankings when its primary international RPer has just been found guilty of plagiarism is sending out the wrong signal. I accept some others may have, for their own reasons, sincerely come to a different position on that. Nor is it anything personal to do with Jack or any of the Yingdala players, since on my part at least, this is about a point of principle. What this is about is whether Moderation is even going to allow the discussion to take place at all, within the rankings thread, where it most relevantly belongs, given the context that a rankings discussion is taking place right now.

Thank you for reading.

While we await Chitin's verdict, I would like to continue this discussion, as I'll admit, you have raised interesting points and would like to continue having this discussion rationally as we are.

We'll remove jrandle and Yingdala from the equation and I'll pose this as a general question. An active and multiparty nation (we'll use Luthori) has been doing significant economic and military based Role Play. Moderation makes the determination that Luthori should be reflected as having raised in Economic and Military status. A player, out of their community of five other active Role Players, is found to have plagarized a few articles (we'll say six, out of total posts that number say ninety). Should the community has a whole have their Role Play disregarded by Moderation because of the mistakes of a single player, or do you feel that, because of the actions of the singular player, the entire nation's RP is now "tainted" for lack of a better term and should be ignored, in regards to the ranking, until at least the next cycle.

As a note, should Chitin rule that these discussions can take place there, I will personally merge these posts into that discussion thread.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Aquinas » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:45 pm

colonelvesica wrote:
Aquinas wrote:http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8544&p=172697#p172674

Thank you for reading.

While we await Chitin's verdict, I would like to continue this discussion, as I'll admit, you have raised interesting points and would like to continue having this discussion rationally as we are.

We'll remove jrandle and Yingdala from the equation and I'll pose this as a general question. An active and multiparty nation (we'll use Luthori) has been doing significant economic and military based Role Play. Moderation makes the determination that Luthori should be reflected as having raised in Economic and Military status. A player, out of their community of five other active Role Players, is found to have plagarized a few articles (we'll say six, out of total posts that number say ninety). Should the community has a whole have their Role Play disregarded by Moderation because of the mistakes of a single player, or do you feel that, because of the actions of the singular player, the entire nation's RP is now "tainted" for lack of a better term and should be ignored, in regards to the ranking, until at least the next cycle.

As a note, should Chitin rule that these discussions can take place there, I will personally merge these posts into that discussion thread.

Whilst I am happy to have this discussion with you and anybody else who is interested in participating, the currently active Feedback: Dynamic Rankings thread would self-evidently be a more appropriate place for that than here. With respect, I feel your strategy of trying to drive players out of threads, simply because you resent them for the sincerely held viewpoints they are expressing, is a form of power-flexing and mild aggression on your part, in your role as a Moderator.
Aquinas

PreviousNext

Return to Requests