Requests: General [A]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Questions & Requests

Postby templestar » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:06 am

Aquinas wrote:
templestar wrote:What's the policy on semi-inactive users? That is, users who log in on a once-a-week basis, but don't vote on bills, RP, or introduce legislation?

Everybody should be forgiven for missing a vote every now and then, but I think I am in the majority when I say I find it irritating and disruptive to the gameflow when it goes on for a prolonged period. There are no rules against it, but this thread may interest you, if you've not seen it already: Time limit for deactivating inactive parties

Forming that kind of consensus in Hutori would be problematic, as it's only me and the Libertarian Front, who has logged in every four days regularly without any other activity in the account.
templestar

Postby Aquinas » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:36 am

:( I empathise with your situation, templestar. Personally, I would like to see a rule introduced whereby all parties everywhere could be reported to be deactivated after 3 days of inactivity.
Aquinas

Postby Dozzerics » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:20 pm

I have forgotten both my password and the e-mail I've used on the user Dozzer. How could I possibly recover my account?
Dozzerics

Postby templestar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:17 am

Is it possible to redefine an OOC time limit for in-country inactivity in a single-party state that applies to future players?
templestar

Postby Amazeroth » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:16 am

Dozzerics wrote:I have forgotten both my password and the e-mail I've used on the user Dozzer. How could I possibly recover my account?

I can only give you the email, if you give me a link to the user, but the password can't be seen by moderation.

templestar wrote:Is it possible to redefine an OOC time limit for in-country inactivity in a single-party state that applies to future players?

No. Dranland was an exception, because there were so many players there. There's no need to restrict the time limit in one-party nations.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby Dozzerics » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:07 pm

I'd very much appreciate if you'd give me the e-mail. This is the account: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5482
Dozzerics

Postby Amazeroth » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:12 am

Sorry, I thought you meant an in-game account. The forum accounts' email adresses are invisible to me as well.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby LukeinNE » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:52 pm

Just a question resulting from the name request thread:

Amazeroth wrote:LordStephen - as Polites said, you don't have the required majority

LukeinNE - the country name change is fine, but the rest is violating the cultural protocols. Since there was no RP whatsoever of a Luthorian royal family to claim the throne, (and even then it would be unrealistic to think that the language over 90% ofte country are speaking would be changed to the royals'), this part of the bill is illegal.

The rest is done.

The other party and myself (the third party went inactive) have agreed on the royal family aspect with the relatively foreign background, and are in the process of drafting an updated cultural protocol that reflects that. Essentially the RP idea is for a minority (in both religion and language) royal family to be seated and attempt to remake the country in their image. We are fully aware that this would cause deep unrest in the nation, but also feel that there's ample RL historical precedent for this sort of thing (Vietnam under Diem and Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge in just the last half century in Indochina for starters) and would be an interesting RP. Is all of that acceptable should we pass a resolution explaining that? Thanks.
National Conservative Party
Holy Malivian Empire
LukeinNE

Postby Amazeroth » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:18 am

LukeinNE wrote:Just a question resulting from the name request thread:

Amazeroth wrote:LordStephen - as Polites said, you don't have the required majority

LukeinNE - the country name change is fine, but the rest is violating the cultural protocols. Since there was no RP whatsoever of a Luthorian royal family to claim the throne, (and even then it would be unrealistic to think that the language over 90% ofte country are speaking would be changed to the royals'), this part of the bill is illegal.

The rest is done.

The other party and myself (the third party went inactive) have agreed on the royal family aspect with the relatively foreign background, and are in the process of drafting an updated cultural protocol that reflects that. Essentially the RP idea is for a minority (in both religion and language) royal family to be seated and attempt to remake the country in their image. We are fully aware that this would cause deep unrest in the nation, but also feel that there's ample RL historical precedent for this sort of thing (Vietnam under Diem and Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge in just the last half century in Indochina for starters) and would be an interesting RP. Is all of that acceptable should we pass a resolution explaining that? Thanks.

A minority royal family per se is not a problem. But how would you explain them being able to remake the country in their image? Especially if it goes as far as changing the language to something only 3% would be able to speak? The RP could be interesting, but such a royal family could not just appear over night and change the country in one go. (Also, there are close to none RL examples of such a language change, at least I wouldn't know of any).
Amazeroth

Postby LukeinNE » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:34 pm

Amazeroth wrote:
LukeinNE wrote:Just a question resulting from the name request thread:
A minority royal family per se is not a problem. But how would you explain them being able to remake the country in their image? Especially if it goes as far as changing the language to something only 3% would be able to speak? The RP could be interesting, but such a royal family could not just appear over night and change the country in one go. (Also, there are close to none RL examples of such a language change, at least I wouldn't know of any).

I'll attempt to answer your challenges and if they don't convince you, we'll do something a little different.

Where did the Royal Family come from?
The existing cultural protocols state that there's a Dundorfian minority due to a history of colonialism. These people would come from that legacy.

How would they have the power to do this?
As in many countries that were once under colonial rule, the Dundorfian minority represents much of the upper class (note: the current cultural protocol mentions nothing about this either way, but the new one will) and is therefore wealthier and better educated than the general populace. Additionally, the fall of the Communist government in Malivia is drawing thousands of Dundorfians back to Malivia now that a sympathetic (perhaps bought and paid for?) government has been seated. Finally, I'd point out that each 24 hour period represents 6 months of game time, and that the pro-monarchy government has now been in power for a little over 4 years, and with no opposition, will likely stay there much longer than that.

What about that language thing?
I should have worded this section differently. The end goal is the same, but schools, government agencies etc, would remain thoroughly bilingual during the transition period, but the schools would shift their emphasis from Malay to Dundorfian, much like in many American schools, bilingual teachers are required to educate Hispanic students, but the end goal is to make them competent in English and therefore better-functioning citizens in their country. European countries have achieved widespread multi-linguality through their education systems, this idea just has the added nasty twist of displacing the indigenous culture over time.
National Conservative Party
Holy Malivian Empire
LukeinNE

PreviousNext

Return to Requests