Requests: General [A]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Rogue » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:03 pm

Aquinas wrote:BTW Keymon has just adopted a Cultural Protocol, so presumably its entry should presumably be changed from ""English, Greek, Latin or Greek/Latin mix" (which it still is now...) to "English and Corsican".

Thank you Aquinas. I will take a look at it
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Kubrick » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:24 pm

Hello, it seems the nation name of Zardugal was randomly changed by Moderation without even consulting or informing the player there. I don't agree with the current naming, since it's not what was accepted by the bill or proposed by me. I also find it very weird nothing was said about this by moderation for ages and then suddenly it is changed.

Instead I'd like to see it changed swiftly to "Aŭgustana Imperio - Pretoriana Prefektejo de Zardio (Augustan Empire - Praetorian Prefecture of Zardugal)" to match the style currently in Jelbania.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Aquinas » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:27 pm

I share Kubrick's view that given this issue was under discussion here, it would have been nice if Moderation had had the courtesy to update us as to the decision that was implemented. It would also have been nice if Kubrick had been directly personally informed as well, since he is the player being affected.

I have two other issues to raise, both of which also relate to nation renaming issues.

1. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4361&p=144319#p144307

Yolo04 wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=589304

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=589289

Thank you

cm9777 wrote:Hi Yolo, both of these bills are in voting. Generally Moderation only removes bills that are in the debate section. They are also seemingly important naming bills. Could you provide a bit of clarification on this one?

CM appears to have confused the renaming thread, where Yolo (quite properly) posted this request, with the Bill Clearouts Requests thread. Also, those bills have been properly passed.

2. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6370&p=144317#p144317

cm9777 wrote:
Aquinas wrote:There is an issue with Cabinet Minister naming in Hobrazia not conforming to its Georgian Cultural Protocol.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewcabin ... ationid=12

Chancellor Progressive Partia of Hobrazia Alexandria Romansky
Foreign Affairs United Communist Party Greg Lets
Internal Affairs United Communist Party Harry Bert
Finance United Communist Party Fred Perez
Defence United Communist Party Ted Knot
Justice United Communist Party George Klose
Infrastructure and Transport United Communist Party Will Backs
Health and Social Services Progressive Partia of Hobrazia Desmond Unctiones
Education and Culture Progressive Partia of Hobrazia Gregory Armour
Science and Technology Progressive Partia of Hobrazia Lindsay Sergeant
Food and Agriculture United Communist Party Amy Washington
Environment and Tourism United Communist Party Bruce Smith
Trade and Industry United Communist Party Robert Johns

Similarly, there is an issue with the nation name, which is currently in English ("Capitalist State of Hobrazia"), when the Nation Renaming Guide indicates it should be in Georgian.

Players messaged though with the nation name, Moderators have generally followed the idea that nation names are either in English or in that particular cultural language (same as party names) so I am not going to request it be renamed at this stage.

Please read the Game Rules, section 5e of which states:

Moderation controls the renaming of nations and as such reserve the right to query or deny a Nation Renaming Request. To rename a nation a user must pass a bill with a ⅔ majority of seats and send a request to Moderation via the Nation Renaming Request thread. Renamings must be in line with the Cultural Protocols of the nation in question. User should consult the Nation Renaming Guide to ensure that their changes conform to the prevailing culture of the nation.

Please also read the Nation Renaming Guide, which clarifies:

On the right hand side of the list are the language(s) in which the text in the nation's title surrounding the core name should be presented. Exceptions to this will only be granted at Moderation's discretion and where a very strong case has been presented. English translations may always be included in the nation title in brackets.

It is permitted to present a nation's title as simply the core name (eg. "Telamon") without any surrounding text.

If CM's statement that "Moderators have generally followed the idea that nation names are either in English or in that particular cultural language" is correct, then Moderators have not been following the rules as they are currently laid out. Non-Englsh nations are only meant to have English nation titles in exceptional circumstances. My simple and reasonable request is for Moderation to either follow the rules or amend the rules to reflect current practice.

In my personal view, it is better to insist on the nation name being in a language which reflects the culture of the nation. Part of the reason for this is that the nation title is easy (or at least, should be easy) for Moderation to regulate, because it is Moderators who manually change the nation title. Other aspects are not so easy for Moderation to control. For example, party names are manually set by the player, which is why it is just massively easier to permit English party names. Similarly, constitutional variables (eg. legislature name, Head of State title) are controlled through game mechanic bills, and cannot be manually changed by Moderators, which again, is one of the reasons it is just easier to always tolerate the use of English there.

In a non-English nation, if English nation titles are allowed, then it is quite possible we will have situations where none of the obvious national variables (excepting character names, which are regulated) reflect the fact the nation is not English, and we know from previous experience that this situation can undermine the confidence of players in the general effectiveness of Cultural Protocols.

I understand Moderation is planning a rules redraft in about 2 weeks. Is there any chance you guys would consider putting nation renaming issues on the agenda, so that this can be discussed and settled?
Aquinas

Postby Rogue » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:12 pm

Aquinas wrote:I understand Moderation is planning a rules redraft in about 2 weeks. Is there any chance you guys would consider putting nation renaming issues on the agenda, so that this can be discussed and settled?

Hi,
Since release one is nearing completion and will likely go in for consultation upcoming friday we cant include a renaming section in there.
However we totally agree with you that the current renaming policy needs to be adressed and therefor we are willing to include the nation renaming issues in Release two.

We will once again look into Zardugal as well and make sure any renaming issue between now and the possible rule change will properly be dealt with according to the current rules.

Moderation
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Luis1p » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:29 pm

Kubrick wrote:Hello, it seems the nation name of Zardugal was randomly changed by Moderation without even consulting or informing the player there. I don't agree with the current naming, since it's not what was accepted by the bill or proposed by me. I also find it very weird nothing was said about this by moderation for ages and then suddenly it is changed.

Instead I'd like to see it changed swiftly to "Aŭgustana Imperio - Pretoriana Prefektejo de Zardio (Augustan Empire - Praetorian Prefecture of Zardugal)" to match the style currently in Jelbania.

Hey guys,

Apologies, I was the one who changed Zardugal's nation name. I was going off of what was recommended Here and here
Apologies for the miscommunication.
Luis1p

Postby Aquinas » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:32 pm

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8032&start=120#p143525

Luis1p wrote:
Polites wrote:Should not these two resolutions, #6 and #6 (presumably should have been #7) be added to the game system directly? The President of the General Assembly has the power to bypass the 5 co-sponsors stage and jump straight to game system voting.

It's just that the format for these two resolutions doesn't meet the rule requirement, as they are more than 3 sentences long. So could these two resolutions be looked into?

Will look into this :)

Any update on this?

Also, as a reminder, the issues regarding the Nation Renaming Guide still need to be addressed.
Aquinas

Postby Rogue » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:15 am

Aquinas wrote:http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8032&start=120#p143525

Any update on this?

Also, as a reminder, the issues regarding the Nation Renaming Guide still need to be addressed.

For an update on the first thing i would have to consult with Luis. As for the Nation Renaming Guide as told before we will try to address those issues in Release Two of the rule changes.

Release One will be put up for consultation today
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Aquinas » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:30 am

I was referring to this:

OOC: Oops, edited your post instead of quoting it. I put the link in the quote to the thing you were reffering.

Mr.God
Aquinas

Postby Rogue » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:22 pm

Aquinas wrote:
I was referring to this:

Aah sorry. No update yet. We have been busy with preparing Release One for consultations. But i assure you that i will put it on the agenda immediately and ask the other mods about it.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Re: Questions & Requests

Postby PPDR » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:23 pm

In the new developing Particracy, it somehow set my account picture (the one seen in in-game discussions) to one I used in a different game. Is it possible to change this somewhere?
PPDR

PreviousNext

Return to Requests