Requests: General [A]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Questions & Requests

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:52 am

kawn! wrote:Whatever the rules happen to be, I am the entire government of Darnussia. Now, Darnussian parties can RP whatever they want, but just because they have the right doesn't mean its smart. In fact, its the most retarded dishonorable thing ever.

I agree that it's dishonourable, but your RP is confusing me so I can't say it's valid either.

kawn! wrote:I proposed the bill to get rid of the Monarch, but a treaty blocked my attempt to make it an elected official, so that is why you have that result.
You have enough seats to withdraw from the treaty.

You didn't have to use a monarchist title; you could have made it something else, instead of a Kaiser.

kawn! wrote:I'm not uncool like some parties are that simply add a "." making the HOS basically vacant.

That's not why they do it. They do it because they want to be able to change the HoS' name without changing the law and having elections (a process that takes at least 17 in-game months, when you can just use 8 in-game months to change the name through the title and get it over with).
Lodamun, for example, doesn't have an HoS title. The HoS title is blank and the name of the HoS was set to "The President" and fixed in hereditary HoS law so that it can't be changed. Have a look.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby kawn! » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:18 am

When I cared about an RP that was well thought out I was going for the whole Republic thing. Now, I am kind of meh. I have adopted the view that expanding Luthori's prestige is more important. I could say that William Cross was a Republican but became drunk with power once he became Kaiser.

Darnussia is German so, I kept the existing culture. It can be an elected or non-elected title.

My critique is against parties that use a (.) every election hoping they might win the next one, and it looks bad on the election returns. I wanted a transition period before the Republic.
kawn!

Postby MichaelReilly » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:51 pm

How many times do you have to be told?

You can't RP in that manner, i.e. getting another country to invade, without the consent of all players.

Of course it's against the rules. And on top of that it's disgusting, immoral and quite frankly infuriating to people who have spent years building up a carefully constructed RP for you to shit all over it.

Nation id 13, as far as RP is concerned, is still the Imperial Commonwealth of Narikaton and Darnussia, with the Queen and Empress still on the throne. This new republican commonwealth exists only within the constraints of the game mechanics; which is a pretty shitty way to play the game.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby Amazeroth » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:07 pm

kawn! wrote:Old value:: Her Imperial Majesty and Her Royal Highness Erikka I of Narikaton and III of Darnussia, Empress of Narikaton and Queen of Darnussia

Current: Kaiser William Cross of Luthori, Commander in Chief, and Defender of the Faith

Proposed: Kaiser William Cross of Luthori, Commander in Chief, and Defender of the Faith
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=391847

This bill passed in Darnussia with 2/3rds, William Cross is my character, the title of HOS was specifically changed to my character. I am the rightful HOS of Darnussia. The HOS is not Kaiser(.) with the idea that eventually it will be an elected position. If this is ignored, then so be it.

In order to get a HoS by game mechanics, you can't just change the title, you actually have to get your candidate elected. In order to do this, you'll have to change the system to an elected HoS, have elections, actually get elected, and then, if you want your HoS to be hereditary, you have to change the system back.

The placeholder system is only a substitute, and only works if there's consensus (like all RP). So you can't use it against a specific RP, as long as there is no consensus that it should be used that way.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby MichaelReilly » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:21 pm

Fine then Amazeroth. I'll continue it in here...
MichaelReilly

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:42 pm

MichaelReilly wrote:Fine then Amazeroth. I'll continue it in here...

Kawn... Ignore MR.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby MichaelReilly » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:01 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:

Kawn... Ignore MR.

What nation are you in?

I'll head over, vote purely on visibility and then occupy it for my nation without consulting you, then spit all over years worth of RP.

See how you'll like it.
MichaelReilly

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:12 pm

MichaelReilly wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:

Kawn... Ignore MR.

What nation are you in?

I'll head over, vote purely on visibility and then occupy it for my nation without consulting you, then spit all over years worth of RP.

See how you'll like it.

I could use some company. It has been dead; no RP has been going on.
Siggon Kristov

Postby kawn! » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:17 pm

Siggon: He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him 'round the islands of Narikaton and 'round the Darnussian mountains and 'round perdition's flames before I give him up!

This idea that Darnussia has a spirited RP before I came is ridiculous not supported by the facts. The wiki hadn't been updated since 3100s, and the same is true of the newspaper. Now, as for my RP.

The three Darnussian parties supported my RP and identified it as an actual threat:
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=391246
It seems we are yet again targeted by foreign powers, something our lands have faced so many times before. This time it is not the fascist Hobrazians or the colonialists Deltarians, but our old allies from the north. They have betrayed our agreement with them

Hereby I, chancellor of the Commonwealth, call upon all sons of Darntus, no matter if republican or monarchist, nariki-speaker or darnus-speaker, to stand together in the Grand Alliance against foreign forces.

If you look at the debate bill, all Darnussian parties state their support of this measure, which recognizes Luthori intervention.
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=391932
This bill recognizes Luthori occupation.

In summary, Luthori intervention in Darnussia has been recognized by Darnussian parties as a factual truth. The Rielly argument that Darnussia never accepted the Luthori intervention as RP is false. Maybe 1-3 Darnussian parties recognized it as a factual claim. Now, I am not going to say that the Luthori intervention is a fact, that has already been decided, but I will point out the contradiction. I was encouraged to keep going with my RP by some of this recognition that I have received. Darnussian parties suddenly are against any possible Luthori intervention once I beat them soundly, but were okay talking smack about my intervention when I was in last place.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=390859
This bill indicates a civil war, but there are no comments by other parties on its validity. I assume it is valid.
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=390324
This one is dated 3536
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=387832
This one is dated 3519

The existing RP Rielly claims is vague, doesn't actually state any events, and doesn't necessarily demonstrate that all Darnussian parties were in support. Furthermore, since the mod ruling they haven't done anything to continue their RP story line. In summary, Rielly is full of it.
kawn!

Postby Amazeroth » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:26 am

kawn!: This ends now. The verdict is final, I've seen all the bills you've posted in regards to the parties in Darnussia reacting to your presence there before. You either play nice, or you leave the country. You can't name your party Luthori Occupation Force anymore, and should you use your votes to change anything more in Darnussia to a Luthori-named value, regardless if title or otherwise, you'll be banned from Darnussia.

Anything else regarding this matter shall be discussed via pm. This is no longer a question or request, and it's already spilling over into other threads. That goes for everyone, not just kawn!, especially the other Darnussian players.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

PreviousNext

Return to Requests